Isaiah 9:6 Father of Eternity or Eternal Father?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
In Isaiah 9:6 we read of the Eternal Father in non literal translations, or Father of Eternity in others, how do you see it?
Modalists use this matter to their end, instead of Trinitarianism.

Creator of time, who knows the end even now. Or Jesus is Father eternally, but of what?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Isaiah 9:6 we read of the Eternal Father in non literal translations, or Father of Eternity in others, how do you see it?
Modalists use this matter to their end, instead of Trinitarianism.

Creator of time, who knows the end even now. Or Jesus is Father eternally, but of what?
First one must define the meaning of the Greek word "aionios ".

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
First one must define the meaning of the Greek word "aionios ".
I took a look in John:

Apart from God's creating, there is nothing created. Time is God's, He made it for Himself and His creatures, there is Heaven and there is a Universe. It is made of length, breadth, height and width and length of time. But it is not entirely separate from Heaven. God is I AM and not I will be...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No you don't need Greek people, you need more scripture and less talk.

God is God, before the mountains were brought forth, and had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting He is God.

HIs throne is established of old, He is from everlasting,

This is what the Lord possessed in the beginning, before HIs works of old. Set up from everlasting, from the beginning, before the mountains were settled, when He prepared the heavens, and was brought forth, by Him as lone brought up with Him, daily HIs delight, rejoicing always before Him.

The children are to hearken, and be blessed to keep the ways, to hear instruction, to be wise and to refuse it not. (For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life.)

Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Psalm 93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.

Proverbs 8:22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord.
36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

The everlasting Father, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgement and with justice from then even for ever.

)Jesus) shall be called the Son of the Highest, the Lord God gives unto Him the throne of HIs father David, and He reigns over the house of Jacob for ever, of HIs Kingdom there is no end...

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

The Lord said HIs salvation was near to come and HIs righteousness to be revealed, and gives them an everlasting name that shall not be cut off.

The Lord led them by the right hand of Moses dividing the water before them to make Himself an everlasting name.

The Lord is our Father, our redeemer, HIs name is from everlasting.

The Lord is the true God, He is the living God, and an everlasting King.

To finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Bethlehem, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Isaiah 56:1 Thus saith the Lord, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

Isaiah 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

Isaiah 63:12 That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?

Isaiah 63:16 Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O Lord, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

Jeremiah 10:10 But the Lord is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

The God of peace that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus Christ, through the blood of the everlasting covenant.

So an entrance shall be ministered unto us abundantly, into the everlasting Kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of his judgment is come.

Hebrews 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

2 Peter 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
No you don't need Greek people, you need more scripture and less talk.

God is God, before the mountains were brought forth, and had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting He is God.

HIs throne is established of old, He is from everlasting,

This is what the Lord possessed in the beginning, before HIs works of old. Set up from everlasting, from the beginning, before the mountains were settled, when He prepared the heavens, and was brought forth, by Him as lone brought up with Him, daily HIs delight, rejoicing always before Him.

The children are to hearken, and be blessed to keep the ways, to hear instruction, to be wise and to refuse it not. (For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life.)

Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Psalm 93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.

Proverbs 8:22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord.
36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

The everlasting Father, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgement and with justice from then even for ever.

)Jesus) shall be called the Son of the Highest, the Lord God gives unto Him the throne of HIs father David, and He reigns over the house of Jacob for ever, of HIs Kingdom there is no end...

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

The Lord said HIs salvation was near to come and HIs righteousness to be revealed, and gives them an everlasting name that shall not be cut off.

The Lord led them by the right hand of Moses dividing the water before them to make Himself an everlasting name.

The Lord is our Father, our redeemer, HIs name is from everlasting.

The Lord is the true God, He is the living God, and an everlasting King.

To finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Bethlehem, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Isaiah 56:1 Thus saith the Lord, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

Isaiah 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

Isaiah 63:12 That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?

Isaiah 63:16 Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O Lord, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

Jeremiah 10:10 But the Lord is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

The God of peace that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus Christ, through the blood of the everlasting covenant.

So an entrance shall be ministered unto us abundantly, into the everlasting Kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of his judgment is come.

Hebrews 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

2 Peter 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
From your choice translation or reading of Hebrew, is Jesus Father of Eternity or Eternal Father? Perhaps God the Father in another mode?

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ is from everlasting to everlasting, and sets up HIs everlasting kingdom, we were given an everlasting name, of the everlasting Father, the Prince of peace.

Hebrews 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Jesus Christ is from everlasting to everlasting, and sets up HIs everlasting kingdom, we were given an everlasting name, of the everlasting Father, the Prince of peace.

Hebrews 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
Looks like Eternal Father. But why is He Father, when there is His Father in Heaven? Which rendition is best? Eternal Father or the literal, Father of Eternity?

And how do you explain your view to a Modalist?

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looks like Eternal Father. But why is He Father, when there is His Father in Heaven? Which rendition is best? Eternal Father or the literal, Father of Eternity?

And how do you explain your view to a Modalist?
I have a view of belief that Jesus Christ is the promise of eternal life, because we see death is not possible to hold Him.

Then He is glorified with the glory He had with the Father, as He came from the Father, and went to the Father.

He was in the world to be known by man in the flesh ( hence Son of man) to be justified in the Spirit, ( hence the Spirit of Christ) seen of angels ( who minister unto Him/made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death for every man/He took not on Him self the nature of angels/which of the angels is it said to, thou art my Son, this day I have begotten thee and again I will be a Father to Him, and He shall be to me a Son. Hebrews 1:5. Hebrews 2:7-18.) preached unto the Gentiles, ( calling them brothers/they who are sanctified in Christ are all one together) believed on in the world. ( He was in the world and the world was made by Him, the world did not know Him/the manner the love of God has given to us that we would be called the sons of God, therefore the world does not know them, because the world did not know God. John 1:10. 1 John 3:1) and received up to glory. ( should Christ not have suffered those things and to enter into His glory ? Luke 24:26)

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

John 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

John 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

2 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

1 John 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
This is not clear Peacemaker1, I asked about interpretations, for the best, and about the title "Father".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums