Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Pastor this last weekend, during a contemporary service, said, "The Father, Son and Spirit of Grace for all" in ending the prayer right before the sermon. Is this allowed in the LCMS church? It bothered me and I think I'll get up early to go to the traditional service from now on. The contemporary service has been getting more and more strange (no absolution anymore, no pastor crossing himself anymore etc.) I use to be ok with it, although, if it wasn't so early I'd have preferred going to the traditional service anyway. I've been trying to keep an open mind, but it's harder and harder.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pastor this last weekend, during a contemporary service, said, "The Father, Son and Spirit of Grace for all" in ending the prayer right before the sermon. Is this allowed in the LCMS church? It bothered me and I think I'll get up early to go to the traditional service from now on. The contemporary service has been getting more and more strange (no absolution anymore, no pastor crossing himself anymore etc.) I use to be ok with it, although, if it wasn't so early I'd have preferred going to the traditional service anyway. I've been trying to keep an open mind, but it's harder and harder.
I believe the Spirit is Holy. If that is not identified then it can be any spirit that roams the earth waiting to devour. In my opinion. So that being said, you may want to go to the traditional service rather than the contemporary, as anything new is most likely not from the "Holy Spirit" but something called the "spirit of grace".

By the way it is God the Father through Jesus Christ of Nazareth that we have Grace. The Holy Spirit sanctifies us into the Body of Christ and leads us into righteousness.

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pastor this last weekend, during a contemporary service, said, "The Father, Son and Spirit of Grace for all".

Yikes...the numerous theological errors contained in that single substitution.

Upvote 0