Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
i don't know how many Robert Jordan fans are out there, so i made this thread titled 'fantasy'. Today bro gave a surprised BD present, wheel of time book 10!

it's a phantom book in Sydney, because i can't find it in most of the bookshops when you've to wait ages to get your hand on it in the library, but he found it and bought it, hehe, it's gonna be such an enjoyable read during exams.

Miaka-Chan

Wife, Mom, Teacher
Jun 24, 2003
New Mexico
Visit site
✟8,001.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't matter how many to me, I don't want the series to end, though I was reading up, and he says it won't be past say 12? I think it was 12-- 2 more books. The reason this last book (10) was so eh... was that is was supposed to be part of winter's heart... but was too long... I am so frusterated though!!!!! book 11 doesn't come out until 2005!!! Well anyway... What else can we say!!!! there is so much to talk about in all realms of fantasy series!!

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
yeah Cbroods.. if he finshes too early though (book 12? that hardly seems possible with the amount of details in his last few books), that would ruin everything..

good to see you Miaka. I was kind of disappointed after finished reading book 10, it doesn't seem to go anywhere! everyone's still at the same place, that middle part on the rebels is sooo long!
2005?! awww.... :( hey, any guess on who attacked Egwene? i've no clue.

Upvote 0

Miaka-Chan

Wife, Mom, Teacher
Jun 24, 2003
New Mexico
Visit site
✟8,001.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really dont' think that its possible either, (12 books) but that is what RJ said I believe in an interview I read. edit: this is 3 books from WH, (so my best guess is cot, then 2 more.) "from the chat http://www.dromen-demonen.nl/luitingh_htdocs/transjordan.html"
[??>How many books will there be, and when's the next one published?
[??> Are you related to Michael Jordan?
[@R-JORDAN> there will be at least 3 more books the nxt books will be in bookstores v shortly after i finised writing it and michael jordan is my kid brother whom i tought to play basked ball ....

[Vanin> Was WH originally intended to be longer?
[@R-JORDAN> winters heart was originally intended to be longer yes but every book was intended to be longer when i started. i have always been overly optimistic about how much of the story i can put into any one book. remember in the beginning i thought it was onlygoing to be 4-5 books maybe 6 at the most. as for emperor who thinks i am not robert jordan i don' remember meeting but i do rembember someone from the dragonmount site which i think is very good ...

--------------------------------------------- Well there's lots more.. worth reading.

.From a link on theoryland for the wheel of time (http://www.theoryland.com) I don't know about the Egwene thing.. what a cliff hanger, it upset me!!! Maybe it was Elaida... or a dark sister...

Upvote 0

Miaka-Chan

Wife, Mom, Teacher
Jun 24, 2003
New Mexico
Visit site
✟8,001.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The reason it won't be until 2005 is because he is going to turn his novella "New Spring" into a full novel first... Sorry for the double post..

2003-10-23
Orbit interviewed Jordan concerning New Spring and the other two novellas he is planning on writing. Here are a few exerpts:

"The major focus of the prequel is on Moiraine Damodred and Lan Mandragoran. The main thrusts of the story are how and why Moiraine became part of the search for the Dragon Reborn and not only how but why Lan became her Warder, giving up his one-man war in the Blight."

"Basically, one of the two will tell how and why Tam al'Thor resigned his position as Second Captain of the Companions, the elite Illianer military unit, and returned to the Two Rivers to buy a farm. The second will reveal how and why Moiraine ended up in Emonds Field at just the right time in THE EYE OF THE WORLD."
---- September news
Dragonmount is reporting that New Spring has been sent to the publisher. Here is what Jordan said,

"NEW SPRING: the Novel is finished and off to the publisher. It turned out a little longer than I anticipated. I believe I told you I was aiming at something around eighty-thousand words. My final word count was one hundred twenty thousand. So, enjoy."

Wotmania estimated that the book would be around 250 pages, we can only hope that it will give us enough to get through the next dry spell. By the way, it should take about six weeks to get it published. Pre-order your copy and support Theoryland. :)
green_bullet.gif
U.K. - Pre-order New Spring: the Novel
green_bullet.gif
U.S. - Pre-order New Spring: the Novel

How Does Spring 2005 Sound To You?

2003-08-27

Thanks to Orbit and their Orbit EZine, we have the following quote,

"Well, according to the eggheads at Orbit, the novel - as yet untitled - is scheduled for publication in early Spring of 2005."

Spring?...So, just think, only another six more years before the series ends.

Reactions: Blessed-one
Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
oh, a novel on Moiraine and Lan? that i've got to read! i've always thought we're not getting enough of Moiraine since she dies so early.

hope it's not a black Aes Sedai.. maybe it's those sisters who're investigating in the tower? um....

lol, that interview is funny!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miaka-Chan

Wife, Mom, Teacher
Jun 24, 2003
New Mexico
Visit site
✟8,001.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The U.S release is (INFO FROM AMAZON)New Spring (A Wheel of Time Prequel Novel)
by Robert Jordan (Author)
Release Date: January 6, 2004
Usually ships within 1 to 2 business days
List Price: $22.95 Price: $16.07 You Save: $6.88 (30%)

U.K. Release...
New Spring: A "Wheel of Time" Prequel

Average Customer Review:
stars-3-5.gif

Publication Date: 9 January, 2004
Not yet published Our Price: £11.19
I would imagine the Australian release would be about the time of the U.K. but you would know more about that than me :D

BTW clicking on the link in Blue will take you to pre order at amazon :D

Reactions: Dawn Marie
Upvote 0

Miaka-Chan

Wife, Mom, Teacher
Jun 24, 2003
New Mexico
Visit site
✟8,001.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Man, I never can remember what else to post until after i've posted! I'm terrible at this! anyway.. theoryland.com has some interesting theories on Egwene's kidnapping... http://www.theoryland.com/theories.php?func=4&rec=78 Though you may have to register to view.. I am unsure.. Reg. is free if you do :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Buskanaka

Hold me in your arms, never let me run away
Oct 8, 2003
Bathurst
Visit site
✟16,878.00
Faith
Christian
theres this new fang-dangled invention that someone came up with :idea: called an 'edit' button (don't know why). But it seems that if you click on it, you can actually CHANGE what you've written! :eek: pretty cool huh!

i can't believe you've never heard of david gemmel and stephen lawhead!!!! if you like character driven fantasy then david gemmel is great, and stephen lawhead is just plain out awesome plus he's a Christian

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
oh, i haven't heard of them, but i've come across some of their books while browsing in the library, Buskanaka. :) (and seeing some praises from people online)

thanks Miaka! :( 2004! got to wait for a couple of months then.. *look at the voucher wistfully* i wonder whether it has an expiry date?

oh, you don't have to register to see that page.

Upvote 0

Miaka-Chan

Wife, Mom, Teacher
Jun 24, 2003
New Mexico
Visit site
✟8,001.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...Seems like I have heard of David Gemmel but I can't place him, what are some of his titles? ... as for the edit thing... I usually end up editing like 2-3 times... and still forget something... because the edit thing takes forever and ever to load on my computer I end up just getting frusterated and double posting! Its terrible, LOL.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
maybe i'll try some when exams finish..
any fantasy series you guys recommand? i'd recommand the series by Katherine Kurtz, very well written.. politics, plot twist, and emotional ups and downs. Reading it is like putting oneself right beside the characters, sharing their joy and fear. At least that is what i remember..
oh, there're two series, one on the background, one on more recent events. The background ones are better.

Upvote 0