Visit site
✟8,001.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Realized last night that I have a book by David Gemmell that I haven't read.. it is called Stormrider, a novel of the regante... Maybe I'll check it out! I also found another beside it on the bookcase (people love to give me books they've read) called The still, by David Feintuch... hrm... never heard of him either!

Upvote 0

Buskanaka

Hold me in your arms, never let me run away
Oct 8, 2003
Bathurst
Visit site
✟16,878.00
Faith
Christian
stormrider is not my FAVOURITE book in that series, it's still good but I expected a bit more from it because it was the last one and the previous ones were so good.

robin hobb can be a bit slow at times, but the liveship traders series was pretty good, some very original and interesting ideas. But then I'm probably not a very critical reader, I'll read pretty much anything and everything, either that or I'm really good at judging a book by it's cover! ^_^ because if I pick a book up and read past the first few pages I generally read the whole thing and enjoy it.

Upvote 0

SquareC

Blessed Be!
Jul 8, 2003
Houston, Texas
Visit site
✟9,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can recommend The Cycle of Fire by Janny Wurtz. It's a trilogy, the individual titles are Stormwarden, Keeper of the Keys, and Shadowfane. It also comes in a great three in one trade paperback. It's a good one.

Reactions: Blessed-one
Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
that's good in a sense, you get to read a lot of books with different styles, Buskanaka. :)
um, i'm not that picky a reader, but my mind just tends to reject some books, and i hate it more when i can't make myself read a book that looks promising. Anyone tried David Drake? i read book 1 ages ago, (it's really thick, like WOT), but when i tried to read book 2, i couldn't get past it. That frustrates me to no end. :sigh:

thanks SquareC! i've got a list written down and i'm gonna check them out this friday after exam. :D

Upvote 0

SquareC

Blessed Be!
Jul 8, 2003
Houston, Texas
Visit site
✟9,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Blessed-one said:
thanks SquareC! i've got a list written down and i'm gonna check them out this friday after exam. :D
You're welcome! If you want to add to the list, let me know, I could give you quite a few titles and authors to some very good series. I also read science fiction and have some excellent recommendations in that area, too, if you're interested!

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Buskanaka, you're missing out on a great epic story! ;)

SquareC, if you could give me two to three of what you deem are the best fantasy series, that would be great! just in case the library doesn't hold them all, i'll need a few more titles to start with.

Upvote 0

Buskanaka

Hold me in your arms, never let me run away
Oct 8, 2003
Bathurst
Visit site
✟16,878.00
Faith
Christian
hmmm an epic story... I hate books that are really long and complicated with heaps and heaps of characters and things happening, it's too hard to pick up and know whats going on.

blessed, read Stephen Lawhead! The Song of Albion series and the Pendragon Cycle are the best.
Song of Albion- The Paradise War, Silver Hand, The Endless Knot
Pendragon Cycle- Taliesen, Merlin, Arthur, Pendragon, Grail

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faiththatbreathes

right hand mam
Oct 5, 2003
Kingston, NY
Visit site
✟449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I found a few fantasy Christian allegories that may be worth checking out. Gideon's Dawn, by Michael Warden, is alright, I guess, but not my favorite. If The Last Guardian by Shane Johnson counts, I loved it. One of the better ones is Light of Eidon, by Karen Hancock, despite the cheesy cover art. :rolleyes: If we're talking non-Christian, sorry, I don't remember what I used to be into...:confused: *amnesia strikes*

Upvote 0

Miaka-Chan

Wife, Mom, Teacher
Jun 24, 2003
New Mexico
Visit site
✟8,001.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
UPDATE ON NEW SPRING!!!

Just recieved an email... Amazon is saying New Spring release date has moved up to December 2nd!!!

-- The message from theoryland I recieved --

I just wanted to add a quick correction to the recent November update. Like every other business, TOR wants to surprise their readers, which is annoying. They said January, but apparently, (thanks Dennis for the note), Amazon.com is reportedly saying the book will be available December 2, only two weeks away, and Amazon says the hardcover will be 368 pages long; the original was 70, so this is practically a new book.

If you feel like ordering the book f! rom Amazon, and like supporting Theoryland in the process, use this Url to place your order. :)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0765306298/theoryland/

--------------- ------------------ ---------

Enjoy!!
Miaka

Upvote 0

Glenn316

The Midnight Shift
Feb 14, 2003
S.E. Michigan
Visit site
✟7,987.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
faiththatbreathes said;

I found a few fantasy Christian allegories that may be worth checking out. Gideon's Dawn, by Michael Warden, is alright, I guess, but not my favorite. If The Last Guardian by Shane Johnson counts, I loved it. One of the better ones is Light of Eidon, by Karen Hancock, despite the cheesy cover art.

I liked Arena by Karen Hancock much better. Yea that cover art is cheesey.
I've seen Gideon's dawn, maybe I'll check it out

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miaka-Chan

Wife, Mom, Teacher
Jun 24, 2003
New Mexico
Visit site
✟8,001.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay if anyone hasn't been keeping up I have the date for sure!!! New Spring will be out on Tuesday...!!! (Jan 6) here in the states! If anyone lives near a hastings (I don't know about other book stores) you will be about to get it for 1/2 price on that date which will make it around $12 ENJOY!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Tier

Jan 2, 2004
✟9,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Woah...heh. I really don't enjoy R. Jordan's novels for some reason, I bought a second hand one for a quarter and can't get past a few pages... My favorite series Without a doubt would be DragonLance. HOWEVER! I only read DragonLance novels by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman (They write as a team), or novels by one or the other. The other ones are not up to DragonLance quality IMHO. Here is a great (in order) reading list if you want to get into DragonLance:

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Dragons of Winter Night
Dragons of Spring Dawning

The Raistlin Chronicles (Starting with the SoulForge)

Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the Twins

The Second Generation

Dragons of Summer Flame

Dragons of a Fallen Sun
Dragons of a Lost Star
Dragons of a Vanished Moon

I also like R.A.Salvatore, but not as much. If anyone wants to start a DragonLance thread contact me :).

Upvote 0