Feb 21, 2006
✟8,360.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL! I was just wondering did any of you all get addicted to fanfictions?
I used to read them all the time.

Heck, I write 'em so I guess I must like 'em! :thumbsup:

I still read them IF they are part of the fandoms that I like. I do NOT read Slash fanfic though. never could get into it and that hasn't changed.

Upvote 0

LadyNRA

Feb 21, 2006
✟8,360.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I've written 2 Enterprise stories, about 12 Warehouse 13 stories, 4 Lost in Space stories, 3 Tremors:The Series with another one in the works, a Tales of the Gold Monkey short story and also a novel. Other stuff that was older. Most showed up in fanzines (from the good old days of fanfiction). I wish I had made better friends with my plot bunnies but they are all hiding under the bed with my dust bunnies lately and aren't coming out to play....sigh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cphillygirl

Mar 15, 2013
✟7,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have just gotten to writing my own Star TrekTOS fan fic. My stores are more adventure/romance then science fic. Mainly about Spock and a character I created. I have a series call Heart and Soul. I only have shared with couple of my friends. I have not post them because True trekies would not like that I put in my christian beliefs in the stories .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyNRA

Feb 21, 2006
✟8,360.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have just gotten to writing my own Star TrekTOS fan fic. My stores are more adventure/romance then science fic. Mainly about Spock and a character I created. I have a series call Heart and Soul. I only have shared with couple of my friends. I have not post them because True trekies would not like that I put in my christian beliefs in the stories .

You know, there are plenty of fic sites out there that would welcome most stuff people write. So adventure/romance with an OC is fine for most sites. Fanfiction.net is more than decent and has fics with so many different themes. If you think people will be squicked by Christian themes, then just put that in the initial description so you are letting people know, just as they usually tell you if the content is 'slash' (gay lit.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟23,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Heck, I write 'em so I guess I must like 'em! :thumbsup:

I still read them IF they are part of the fandoms that I like. I do NOT read Slash fanfic though. never could get into it and that hasn't changed.

Which fanfics did you write?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟23,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I've written 2 Enterprise stories, about 12 Warehouse 13 stories, 4 Lost in Space stories, 3 Tremors:The Series with another one in the works, a Tales of the Gold Monkey short story and also a novel. Other stuff that was older. Most showed up in fanzines (from the good old days of fanfiction). I wish I had made better friends with my plot bunnies but they are all hiding under the bed with my dust bunnies lately and aren't coming out to play....sigh.

I wrote a couple for h20 just add water-- a kid's series
a few for Les Miserables years ago

• Agree
Reactions: LadyNRA
Upvote 0

LadyNRA

Feb 21, 2006
✟8,360.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have written Star Trek TOS fanfic but have not post on any websites. I cannot not stand Slash and wish they would leave Kirk and Spock be friends and not lovers. That disgusts me. Love should be between a man and a woman.

Agreed. I mean, if they want to write it, I sometimes wish they'd start their own sites so I don't have to sift through what I consider totally unappealing in order to find what I want to see. So in general, I won't deny them the opportunity to write what they like but wish there was a separate site(s) to do it. One primary reason is that on some shows, the # of fans writing femslash or regular slash, vastly outnumber the people writing general action/adventure. So if one action story is posted, it quickly gets buried by 10 femslash stories. Sigh...

Upvote 0

cphillygirl

Mar 15, 2013
✟7,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes Exactly. Unfortunately this is very true. Trying to find a story you might want to read you have sift through the slash. I agreed There should be separate sites for slash and non slash. It should not be mix in. That is one reason I leaey about posting my stories they would get mix in with the slash. That is why I wish there was a heterosexual only site to post my stories.

Upvote 0

englishmuffin

Aug 31, 2013
Sussex
Visit site
✟15,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been writing fanfiction for years. There was a time when it was a lifeline, as I could do little else due to ill health. I still write it now although as I'm trying to be a professional writer, obviously original stuff takes priority.

With regard to slash, I was into it at one point, before I became a Christian. This has caused a few problems as now I face several stories I started posting and now want to completely change. In some this can be achieved simply by replacing one character with another; in other cases it merits tearing the stories apart completely and rewriting practically from scratch.

There are some archives which don't allow slash fiction--they tend to be smaller, pickier ones, which can be beneficial. I guess it depends on the fandom though, I'm in three: Harry Potter, Buffy and Doctor Who, and have only found sites like that for the former. If you're in a big fandom it's probably worth a lot of Googling to track down the lesser-known archives.

Upvote 0