Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So God speaks to a prophet and the prophet writes down what God says and gives it to the people. And then Gods word gets lost somehow?

Is it better to have more of God's word or less? Why did God allow his word to get lost?

I didn't say that God wants us to have information that you think is lost, nor did I say that the information isn't still available in the Bible.

Lots of information is repeated in the Bible.

Proverbs 14:12
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 16:25
25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Which God do you worship?

Help students understand that the Father and the Son are two separate and distinct beings, each with a glorified physical body (see D&C 130:22). However, the Father and the Son are one in purpose and doctrine. They are perfectly united in bringing to pass Heavenly Father’s plan of salvation...

“The Only Begotten of the Father”
Jesus Christ is the greatest being to be born on this earth. God is the Father of the spirits of all mankind, but Jesus Christ is the only person who was born into the world as the literal Son of God in the flesh. Because Jesus Christ was born of an immortal father, He had power over death (see John 5:26). This power allowed Him to accomplish the Atonement and Resurrection for all mankind.
Lesson 97: Doctrine and Covenants 93:1–20
God the Father and Jesus Christ his son are separate and distinct personages. But we worship God the Father, as Jesus told us to. God the Father is not only our God, but the God of Jesus too. (john 20:17)

So, although there are gods many and lords many, to us there is but 1 God that we worship says Paul, and says JS.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say that God wants us to have information that you think is lost, nor did I say that the information isn't still available in the Bible.

Lots of information is repeated in the Bible.

Proverbs 14:12
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 16:25
25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
God in fact told the saints at Colossae this:
Colossians 4:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

Do you find the book of Laodicea in the bible? NO. Tell me why, when the Lord specifically said for the book of Colossians it to be read in Laodicea, and the book of Laodicea to be read in Colossae.

With such strict instructions from the Lord, why did the book of Laodicea not make it to the bible, for all to read the word of God to the Laodiceans.?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I am asking in this context.
Yes Jesus is a God:

(Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 31:21)

21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God in fact told the saints at Colossae this:
Colossians 4:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

Do you find the book of Laodicea in the bible? NO. Tell me why, when the Lord specifically said for the book of Colossians it to be read in Laodicea, and the book of Laodicea to be read in Colossae.

With such strict instructions from the Lord, why did the book of Laodicea not make it to the bible, for all to read the word of God to the Laodiceans.?

Why are you attempting to discredit the Bible (the word of God)? You can't succeed.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Why are you attempting to discredit the Bible (the word of God)? You can't succeed.
I do not try to discredit the bible. You told me that God is in charge of his plans, which meant to me that God is strong and can keep the bible the way he wants it.

So I knew that the book of the Laodiceans was not in the bible, even though God wanted it to be there, so does the human factor come into play whether a book gets into the bible or not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I do not try to discredit the bible. You told me that God is in charge of his plans, which meant to me that God is strong and can keep the bible the way he wants it.

So I knew that the book of the Laodiceans was not in the bible, even though God wanted it to be there, so does the human factor come into play whether a book gets into the bible or not?

Your God might not have power to protect His word and to carry out His plans, but mine does.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You heard wrong.

Why do you say that when that is the truth? You do believe that you will becomes gods and be God to your own planet--it is in black and white, written and spoken by your prophets, yet you deny it! Why?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
God the Father and Jesus Christ his son are separate and distinct personages. But we worship God the Father, as Jesus told us to. God the Father is not only our God, but the God of Jesus too. (john 20:17)

So, although there are gods many and lords many, to us there is but 1 God that we worship says Paul, and says JS.

Paul does not say there are many real Gods---he does say that the heathen around them have many gods--none are real but one. You may believe there is only one God of this world, but you believe there are many Gods our there of other worlds. Quit speaking Christianese and say it as you actually teach it, as it is actually written in your books. JS does not agree with the bible. Your Godhead and ours are not the same God. Ours has kept His word intact--it contains what is needed for our salvation, anything that God has decided is not needed in it, isn't in it because He deemed it not needed--pure and simple. There is nothing our there of God that would agree with your philosophy for it disagrees with His word spoken to His real prophets. I pray the REAL Holy Spirit will tell you the truth and you will hear it and turn to His TRUE AND REAL words.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Your God might not have power to protect His word and to carry out His plans, but mine does.
It has nothing to do with power and everything to do with agency. God gave agency to man and as a result God does not stop man from murder or other heinous crimes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Well, that is debateable. Your God wanted the whole church to have the book of Laodicea, but apparently allowed the book to be lost.

Why did your God allow the book of Laodicea to be lost?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

No, Joseph Smith doesn't get to decide what is scripture and what isn't.

• Winner
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well, that is debateable. Your God wanted the whole church to have the book of Laodicea, but apparently allowed the book to be lost.

Why did your God allow the book of Laodicea to be lost?

As with the other stuff----it was not important enough to Him and had nothing to add for our walk with Him or for our salvation. He protects what we need to know.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It has nothing to do with power and everything to do with agency. God gave agency to man and as a result God does not stop man from murder or other heinous crimes.

You don't know how many murders He has stopped! God doesn't let anyone thwart His plans. He allowed Joseph's brothers to put him in the pit, and he allowed Joseph to be sold, and Joseph's brothers went to him for help.

:clap:

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I don't accept your statement implying that you worship only the Father!

[Jesus]He is the central focus of our worship. He is the Lord who shall come again to reign on earth. He is our King, our Lord, our Master, the living Christ, who stands on the right hand of His Father.
President Gordon B. Hinckley, We Look to Christ, General Conference, April 2002
We Look to Christ - President Gordon B. Hinckley
and:
Jesus Christ, The Son of God

Upvote 0