Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
We serve a powerful God., not some namby pamby weakling that can't even produce children made of His same substance. Ours did---and He didn't need wives to do it.
God the Father is indeed a father. He is male and is the Father of our spirits. The Bible states:
(New Testament | Matthew 23:9)

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

(Old Testament | Psalms 82:6)

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No, we don't know for sure. However--as I pointed out with those scriptures about the missing books---they tell what the books are about, and most of them say they are the exploits of the kings. Really, how important is it to our salvation to know every detail of everything the kings did? What we have is enough for our salvation and that is the only thing that matters. As I said--our God did not allow anything that was important to our salvation to be lost. Sorry, but your God can't seem to do much. Jesus and the disciples only had the OT and as the Dead Sea Scrolls testify, it is the same one we have today.

2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

God has not allowed anyone to destroy His word and thereby cause us to loose our salvation---The whole purpose for the death of Jesus is to save us from the curse of sin. If He allowed His word to be lost and thereby us also---He would be a very weak God indeed and the death of Jesus would have been useless.

Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

No man can destroy the word of God--His word is power. Even the elements obey His voice, it is the creative force that can create from nothing. We serve a powerful God., not some namby pamby weakling that can't even produce children made of His same substance. Ours did---and He didn't need wives to do it.
So you have no interest in what the records of the seer Gad, the records of the seer Samuel, the records of the prophet Nathan, etc. have in them? Well I wouldn't mind knowing. I like to feast on the word of God.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
This is not proof. I know that the lost books could contain scripture, especially those written by prophets such as the records of the prophet Nathan.

You do NOT know that because God did NOT say so!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So you have no interest in what the records of the seer Gad, the records of the seer Samuel, the records of the prophet Nathan, etc. have in them? Well I wouldn't mind knowing. I like to feast on the word of God.

You say the word of God includes extra-biblical writings. It doesn't. Joseph Smith was a liar.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You said: "No man can destroy the word of God--His word is power. Even the elements obey His voice, it is the creative force that can create from nothing. We serve a powerful God., not some namby pamby weakling that can't even produce children made of His same substance. Ours did---and He didn't need wives to do it."

The Bible does not say God created the universe out of nothing. Rather it says:
(Old Testament | Proverbs 26:10)

10 The great God that formed all things both rewardeth the fool, and rewardeth transgressors.

Neither did God create man out of nothing:

(Old Testament | Genesis 1:27)

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
(Old Testament | Genesis 2:7)

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

So what is His substance? Tell me if you know. What does the creed say?:

Very God of very God,
Begotten, not made,
Being of one substance with the Father,
By whom all things were made;

What does the Bible say:
(New Testament | Luke 24:39 - 40)

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

Therefore the Father and the Son both have flesh and bones.

Christian Beware of.jpg

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You said: "No man can destroy the word of God--His word is power. Even the elements obey His voice, it is the creative force that can create from nothing. We serve a powerful God., not some namby pamby weakling that can't even produce children made of His same substance. Ours did---and He didn't need wives to do it."

The Bible does not say God created the universe out of nothing. Rather it says:
(Old Testament | Proverbs 26:10)

10 The great God that formed all things both rewardeth the fool, and rewardeth transgressors.

Neither did God create man out of nothing:

(Old Testament | Genesis 1:27)

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
(Old Testament | Genesis 2:7)

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

So what is His substance? Tell me if you know. What does the creed say?:

Very God of very God,
Begotten, not made,
Being of one substance with the Father,
By whom all things were made;

What does the Bible say:
(New Testament | Luke 24:39 - 40)

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

Therefore the Father and the Son both have flesh and bones.

Ps 90:2
Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

Gen 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Ps 33:6
By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth.

Is 45:18
For this is what the Lord says— he who created the heavens, he is God;

he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it;
he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited—

Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Psa 89:11 The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: as for the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them.
Psa 89:12 The north and the south thou hast created them: Tabor and Hermon shall rejoice in thy name.

Psa 148:2 Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.
Psa 148:3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.
Psa 148:4 Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
Psa 148:5 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Neh 9:6 Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

"Science is now coming to the conclusion that all things are actually created out of the invisible, which they call "nothing." In an article in Scientific American titled "The Inflationary Universe," the following statement was written:

From a historical point of view probably the most revolutionary aspect of the inflationary model is the notion that all matter and energy in the observable universe may have emerged from almost nothing.

The inflationary model of the universe provides a possible mechanism by which the observed universe could have evolved from an infinitesimal region. It is then tempting to go one step further and speculate that the entire universe evolved from literally nothing.

The following comment was found in the New Scientist in an article by Harold Pathoff, titled "Everything for Nothing:"

"And now to the biggest question of all, where did the Universe come from? Or, in modern terminology, what started the big bang? Could quantum fluctuations of empty space have something to do with this as well? Edward Tyron of the City University of New York thought so in 1973 when he proposed that our Universe may have originated as a fluctuation of the vacuum on a large scale, as "simply one of those things which happen from time to time." This idea was later refined and updated within the context of inflationary cosmology by Alexander Vilenkin of Tufts University, who proposed that the universe is created by quantum tunneling from literally nothing into the something we call the Universe.

Edward Tyron, a professor of physics, wrote the following in New Scientist volume 101:

In 1973, I proposed that our Universe had been created spontaneously from nothing (ex nihilo), as a result of established principles of physics. This proposal variously struck people as preposterous, enchanting, or both.

You go right ahead and hold on to your ineffectual god who can't create from nothing. OUR GOD CAN AND DID. But that, as Hebrews says---takes FAITH, and obviously---Mormons do not have it. and without faith:

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

And Jesus was God with the Father before He became flesh and bones---they were both of the same substance then. JESUS BECAME HUMAN IN ORDER TO SAVE US---APPARENTLY, YOU DON'T HAVE THE FAITH TO BELIEVE THAT EITHER.

We do not worship the same Godhead. Prayers that you find our, the REAL all powerful God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

You must be starving to death right about now! Try His word, and toss JS--he isn't the word of God.
If they were found I would certainly read them to make sure they are in accord to the rest of His word.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Say it as you believe it---no other gods--of this earth. Out there, every planet has its own god.
I will say it just like Paul says it. To us there is but one God that we worship. Though there be other gods and other lords, we only worship 1 God. The end.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
I don't know much about mormonism, but I know enough to know it is a false religion with a false prophet. I heard mormons believe that when they die they themselves become gods? What kind of blasphemy is this?

To put it bluntly, much of the material that is critical of the faith rests on a shaky foundation. This is because in far too many instances, the people who create it care more about pushing a narrative than in presenting actual fact.

If you want to read what the actual theology says, you can start here: Chapter 47: Exaltation

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't know much about mormonism, but I know enough to know it is a false religion with a false prophet. I heard mormons believe that when they die they themselves become gods? What kind of blasphemy is this?

You heard right! Don't let Mormons fool you into thinking otherwise. Although they have to earn godhood.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God did speak to His prophets and we know He did, so why were their books not included in the Bible?

Because God is in charge of how His plans are carried out.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
So God speaks to a prophet and the prophet writes down what God says and gives it to the people. And then Gods word gets lost somehow?

Is it better to have more of God's word or less? Why did God allow his word to get lost?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
(Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 13:34 - 36)

34 And it came to pass that the angel of the Lord spake unto me, saying: Behold, saith the Lamb of God, after I have visited the remnant of the house of Israel—and this remnant of whom I speak is the seed of thy father—wherefore, after I have visited them in judgment, and smitten them by the hand of the Gentiles, and after the Gentiles do stumble exceedingly, because of the most plain and precious parts of the gospel of the Lamb which have been kept back by that abominable church, which is the mother of harlots, saith the Lamb—I will be merciful unto the Gentiles in that day, insomuch that I will bring forth unto them, in mine own power, much of my gospel, which shall be plain and precious, saith the Lamb.
35 For, behold, saith the Lamb: I will manifest myself unto thy seed, that they shall write many things which I shall minister unto them, which shall be plain and precious; and after thy seed shall be destroyed, and dwindle in unbelief, and also the seed of thy brethren, behold, these things shall be hid up, to come forth unto the Gentiles, by the gift and power of the Lamb.
36 And in them shall be written my gospel, saith the Lamb, and my rock and my salvation.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I will say it just like Paul says it. To us there is but one God that we worship. Though there be other gods and other lords, we only worship 1 God. The end.

Which God do you worship?

Help students understand that the Father and the Son are two separate and distinct beings, each with a glorified physical body (see D&C 130:22). However, the Father and the Son are one in purpose and doctrine. They are perfectly united in bringing to pass Heavenly Father’s plan of salvation...

“The Only Begotten of the Father”
Jesus Christ is the greatest being to be born on this earth. God is the Father of the spirits of all mankind, but Jesus Christ is the only person who was born into the world as the literal Son of God in the flesh. Because Jesus Christ was born of an immortal father, He had power over death (see John 5:26). This power allowed Him to accomplish the Atonement and Resurrection for all mankind.
Lesson 97: Doctrine and Covenants 93:1–20

Upvote 0