Falling into relationships

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
My relationship with my husband started out with me trying to help him date my roommate and him trying to help me date one of his ROTC buddies. We spent so much time together as those other two were dating other people. Then suddenly a banquet came up that my roommate had agreed to go with my husband-to-be IF he couldn't find another date. Well, he realized that he would rather go with me but she suddenly acted like it was a set in stone date....he got so worried that the guy I was interested in was going to ask me that he convinced his best friend to take me...so we double dated. Him with my roommate and me with his best friend...and I do think the other guy was thinking about asking me but always waited until the last minute to commit to anything. After that banquet, we were a couple.

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
My relationship with my husband started out with me trying to help him date my roommate and him trying to help me date one of his ROTC buddies. We spent so much time together as those other two were dating other people. Then suddenly a banquet came up that my roommate had agreed to go with my husband-to-be IF he couldn't find another date. Well, he realized that he would rather go with me but she suddenly acted like it was a set in stone date....he got so worried that the guy I was interested in was going to ask me that he convinced his best friend to take me...so we double dated. Him with my roommate and me with his best friend...and I do think the other guy was thinking about asking me but always waited until the last minute to commit to anything. After that banquet, we were a couple.

I wish things still happened this easily. No games played like how it is now.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I wish things still happened this easily. No games played like how it is now.

People are the same now as then....except people hide behind electronics now and probably miss a lot of opportunities to get to know people. But this could happen as easily today as it did when it did. It was a fluke...two people who seemed very different spent time together and found out that we were a good match. The whole story also includes a period of time where we didn't date anymore...but found each other again when I was willing to accept that maybe our differences were part of our strength after all.

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟125,082.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I think you can do both.

I think falling is the best though it catches you with a blink of a eye and you its like fate....

Sometimes if you are looking you it can wary you down and you make mistake....

Upvote 0

Dante116

Jun 22, 2015
✟15,713.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I think love can take you by surprise, like cs lewis wrote a whole book on it called surprised by joy (about his wife) but thats a whole lot different from the popular notion of 'falling'.
Surprised by Joy isn't about his wife (even though her name was Joy), though he did write The Four Loves afterwards.

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Personally, I often thought about the type of girl I wanted and would somehow just find them...often after being with them I would realize that maybe they weren't what I wanted.

Yahweh was always there, and it was His design that I learned about myself in that way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums