• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Faith without Works is Dead

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Bro.T, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Leaf473

Leaf473 Well-Known Member

+211
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I didn't quote the greatest commandment, because it is the second greatest commandment that fulfills all the rest, including the greatest.

Regarding the gentiles just keeping four commandments, are you familiar with the passage that talks about how James and the other leaders said that the gentiles were to observe no such thing, save only the four?

Peace, and great discussion!

2. Bro.T

Bro.T Bible Christian Supporter

+162
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I believe at this point you should have posted that verse by now. It's all always important to post scriptures and verses. Paul was more an apostles to Gentiles, even though Peter was the first to begin with them. But you want lean on James, then all the other writing I have written out the Bible, even Jesus himself. peace in Jesus Mighty name!

3. Leaf473

+211
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi again!
    This is the passage I'm thinking of

Acts 21:18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. 19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. 20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: 21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. 22 What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come. 23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. 25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

4. Bro.T

+162
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Hi my friend....those were trouble times for Paul and some of the other Jews. Remember Jesus had to deal with the Pharisee and Sadducee. Paul had already brought the Gentiles into the sabbath day on the seventh day of the week in Acts. Now lets take a look at; (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44) (v.13) Now when Paul and his company loosed from Pa’-phus, they came to Per’-ga in Pam-phyl’-I-a: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. (v.14) But when they departed from Per’-ga, they came to An’-ti-och in Pi-sid’-I-a, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. Paul went into the church (synagogue) on the sabbath day the seventh day not the first day (Sunday). (v.15) And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. (v.42) And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

So the Gentiles already started learning the Sabbath day, the laws and prophets. Remember this was the beginning of Paul ministry so the Gentiles was told to do at that time. Because Paul got beaten, if you continue to read down a little more, they want to kill him. But read somethings Paul says down the rode in "1 Corinthians 6:9" Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Let go into Galatians 5: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Now Paul said in Ephesians 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

Now lets understand and reason together, Paul just gave us a run down on condition of sins. People who are behaving in such manner will not inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God, even those who are unclean. Being unclean does not mean a person doesn’t wash up, we are not talking about soap and water. We are talking about defiling the body, with unholiness or unGodliness.

Now you have to ask yourself, you are going to need to keep more than just those four commandments to inherit the kingdom of God. peace in Jesus name

5. Leaf473

+211
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Many good ideas in your post!

So, do you disagree with James and the other leaders when they say, "...we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only..."

6. Leaf473

+211
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    (Oops! I forgot to quote your post in my response :wave: )

Many good ideas in your post!

So, do you disagree with James and the other leaders when they say, "...we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only..."

7. Bro.T

+162
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    When I think about it, it's hard to have an opinion on it, because there was so much tension at that time. You have one set of Jews want to teach the Gentiles, another set of Jews just starting to believe in Jesus. Other Jews who felt that the Gentiles should not be taught to much. Everyone was not on one accord at that time.

8. Leaf473

+211
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Well, let me know when you arrive at an opinion.

Until then, Peace be with you my brother! And I hope to see you around!