SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The first shall be last and the last shall be first. Let those who are blessed, bless those who are not. Let us estime others higher than ourselves. And let us restore those who have been lead astray in love, lest we ourselves be lead astray by the same pride. Let us run the race together bearing each others burdons.

IN Christ
SnuP

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"I have never understood why this is such a turbulent issue"

I'll tell you exactly why. when my friend dies of cancer you have the gaul to critize her faith. You have the arrogance to say that when a friend of mine is sick from leukemia that it is because she is not in christ's "light" you have the unbiblical pride to look me in the eye and say that the people I see in hostipce about to die are not faithful enough. You're WRONG.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Snup,

"There are two types of christians:Ê Those who are lukewarm and those who are hot."

and there are the 10 unbelieving spies and the 2 WOF spies.

and the former gen died wandering and wondering in the wilderness, while the latter gen. entered the promised land flowing with milk and honey.

we dont have all the answers but we certainly want to have Caleb's spirit of faith and be in the gen that experiences the land of milk and honey. those who insist in remaining in the wilderness, let them be. u cant force them

Upvote 0

Loser For Jesus

Aug 14, 2002
USA
✟531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Andrew
Snup,

"There are two types of christians:Ê Those who are lukewarm and those who are hot."

and there are the 10 unbelieving spies and the 2 WOF spies.

Actually, there are four types of "Christians."

Mark 4:13  Then Jesus said to them, "Don't you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable?
Mark 4:14  The farmer sows the word.

Type #1

Mark 4:15  Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them.

Type #2

Mark 4:16  Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy.
Mark 4:17  But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.

Type #3

Mark 4:18  Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word;
Mark 4:19  but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.

Type #4

Mark 4:20  Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop--thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown."

love in Christ,

Malcolm

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by LouisBooth
"I have never understood why this is such a turbulent issue"

I'll tell you exactly why. when my friend dies of cancer you have the gaul to critize her faith. You have the arrogance to say that when a friend of mine is sick from leukemia that it is because she is not in christ's "light" you have the unbiblical pride to look me in the eye and say that the people I see in hostipce about to die are not faithful enough. You're WRONG.

Dear Louis,
Nobody is talking about your friends or making any judgments about them. If we are going to discuss these things and get anywhere, you have to back off from trying to make this personal. Be fair Louis. At least give us a chance to explain and maybe even the benefit of the doubt.
We have said over and over that "being faithful" is not the same as having faith for something like prayer or healing.
We are not putting anyone down or criticizing anyone. We are just stating the facts about what the word says. Again and again the scripture ties faith together with healing and prayer. You cannot escape it.
It seems to me dear friend, that you are not so much mad at us, as you are mad at God. That is just an observation. We had nothing to do with the sickness or death of your friends. While tragic and sad, what happens in the world does not change what God said. What are we to do, deny the word, the gospel, and the Lordship of Jesus just so people will not feel bad?
People being angry with us because we believe the word is expected. It comes with the territory. When the word says that we are to endure till the end, part of that includes enduring the anger and ridicule of those who are against the word. I for one do not want to be on the wrong side of that equation, do you?
When I tell unbelievers they are lost and going to hell, is that arrogant and pride? Is that not an unbeliever’s argument? Go to the atheist debate area and you will hear the same thing almost word for word. Why would we use an unbeliever’s argument against each other when it comes to the word and faith? If you want to disagree on interpretation or translation, then that is ok. We can go forward and deal with that. But to side with unbelievers is another matter and we all have to be careful. I say that sincerely and from the heart.
I will pray for you and all of us.
Hobie

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Nobody is talking about your friends or making any judgments about them. "

sorry hobs, you can say what you want, that's EXACTLY what you are doing. You say they don't have the "faith" for it and you're wrong. You sit there and critize them for being sick because they don't have the "faith" for it. That's about as unbiblical as you can get.

"Again and again the scripture ties faith together with healing and prayer. You cannot escape it. "

and again and again it says that God sometimes sends and uses sickness. For greater things and says no to people that want to be healed becuase something greater is in his plan.

"It seems to me dear friend, that you are not so much mad at us, as you are mad at God. "

I'm not mad at God at all. So please don't say what I'm feeling. I know God to be the God of grace that sometimes knows that the physical is not important and wants us to concentrate on the spiritual. You've just got one foot in the world and want to keep it there.

"When I tell unbelievers they are lost and going to hell, is that arrogant and pride? "

A quite different thing. If you tell a christian the reason he has cancer is because he doesn't have enough faith, its not biblical at all, and christ himself would tell you you're wrong and does by his actions, most notable in chapter 9 of John.

Hobs, don't make yourself a mayter, its quite silly because false teachers have no place here. That is something you are doing, and as a member of the body of christ I will not be mad at you, but I will tell you you're wrong and try to show you the truth in God's word. So please mr prodigal, come home.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"I'm not sure that a mod. should be attacking people on a thread."

1. I'm not attacking anyone
2. yes I believe his teaching is wrong according to the bible
3. I have said why biblically and for real life reasons
4. He then proceeded to tell me that people I know that are dying that I can say for sure have greater faith then he (from what I see on this board) have not enough faith.

So yes, in my mind because of scripture, he is a false teacher.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by MizDoulos
Please Note: All personal issues with each other should not be aired publicly. Use your e-mail or private message option to discuss any personal matters. Any further posts will be removed and a warning issued.

Thank you for your cooperation.

So you don't think that this warning applies to you.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't have a personal issue with him, as a person, I think he's great! The teaching is what I am addressing, just like if someone came and said none of the bible is literal, or all matter is evil. that person can be a great person, I might be good friends with them, but that doesn't stop the teaching to be false.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I don't have a personal issue with him, as a person, I think he's great! The teaching is what I am addressing, just like if someone came and said none of the bible is literal, or all matter is evil. that person can be a great person, I might be good friends with them, but that doesn't stop the teaching to be false.

You did not just say that his teaching were wrong, you called him a name:  False teacher and a prodical

A prodical being one who leaves the will of God and squanders the blessings of God for their own selfish desires.

A false teacher being one who delibrately leads people astray.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"You did not just say that his teaching were wrong, you called him a name: False teacher and a prodical "

A false teacher is someone who is teaching a wrong thing. A prodigal is someone who has wondered astray, I think he has done both in regards to this teaching.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"You did not just say that his teaching were wrong, you called him a name: False teacher and a prodical "

A false teacher is someone who is teaching a wrong thing. A prodigal is someone who has wondered astray, I think he has done both in regards to this teaching.

The bible tells us to be weary of false prophets and teachers and compares them to wolfs.  The podical had selfish ambition.

Neither of these fit Hobbi.

The prodical didn't wander he left.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Neither of these fit Hobbi."

In terms of his teaching, biblically they do. He is teaching something that I think is contrary to scripture and I see real life examples of his wrongness also. He is delerberatly teaching it, thus I have to conclude what I did.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.