A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Mark 6:
5And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. 6And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

Matt. 13:
58And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

Upvote 0

sola fide

neo-Puritan
Aug 2, 2002
✟660.00
Faith
Calvinist
Romans 11:7,8-
"What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. Just as it is written;
God has given them a spirit of stupor, Eyes that they should not see and ears that they should not hear, to this very day."

Remember when dealing with the miracles of Christ, specifically Matt. 13, the Jews did not believe b/c they were blinded. Christ could only do miracles on the elect, those who God willed to be healed. The blinded Jews were not part of His elect.
Remember when dealing with election....
it is God who does the electing, not us.

Soli Deo gloria!

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"It says that NOWHERE in the passage in mark andrew. You're assuming that to rationalize your position. Not a good thing to do"

Hello knock knock -- I was talking abt the whole bible. did you rip out the other books in your bible save mark?

Mt 8:16* When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed ALL that were sick:

Mt 10:1* And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal ALL manner of sickness and ALL manner of disease.

Mt 12:15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them ALL;

Lu 4:40* Now when the sun was setting, ALL they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them.

Lu 6:17* And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people out of all Judaea and Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their diseases;

Ac 5:16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed EVERY ONE.

Hmmm interesting in Acts (model of the church) it says EVERY ONE!

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"Remember when dealing with the miracles of Christ, specifically Matt. 13, the Jews did not believe b/c they were blinded. Christ could only do miracles on the elect, those who God willed to be healed. The blinded Jews were not part of His elect."

Wasnt Paul a Jew? Weren' many of the disciples Jews? So when Bible says Jews were blinded you'll have to say there are 2 classes of Jews? One class blinded another not blinded?

Doesnt Bible say the god of this world has blinded men to the glorious gospel. wldnt that include gentiles?

"Christ could only do miracles on the elect,"
scripture proof?

God performs miracles on any one who believes. he even does it to non-believers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Hello knock knock -- I was talking abt the whole bible. did you rip out the other books in your bible save mark?"

and my assertion was that he didn't always heal everyone. the passage in mark shows one such time and proves my statements.

I'm glad he healed a lot of people, but he didn't aways heal everyone, that's a fact according to the bible.

Upvote 0

Loser For Jesus

Aug 14, 2002
USA
✟531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by SnuP
Loser I understand why some on the forum are ignoring you.

Really? I wasn't aware people were deliberately ignoring me, other than just avoiding my questions. It'd be nice if you could explain why they'd so such a thing.

love in Christ,

Malcolm

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please Note: All personal issues with each other should not be aired publicly. Use your e-mail or private message option to discuss any personal matters. Any further posts will be removed and a warning issued.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please Note: All personal comments made to each other should not be aired publicly. Use your e-mail or private message option to discuss any personal issues. Any further posts will be removed and a warning issued.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I have never understood why this is such a turbulent issue. It seems everywhere one goes there is debate... and often it turns personal and emotions fray. I would be curious to ask everyone involved in this debate in particular why this is?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Hobie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loser For Jesus

Aug 14, 2002
USA
✟531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by hobart schmedly
I have never understood why this is such a turbulent issue. It seems everywhere one goes there is debate... and often it turns personal and emotions fray. I would be curious to ask everyone involved in this debate in particular why this is?
Hobie

I agree with what Snup wrote, although I'd go a bit further with the distinction.

I believe it really is a very foundational issue and one which directly relates to the kind of "gospel" we are preaching, the kind of "Jesus" we know, and the kind of God we worship.

No matter how nice and understanding and constructive we may try to be in debating it, I don't believe this is an area we can compromise on and just "agree to disagree" -&nbsp;on either side. That is why it is such a turbulent issue.

I'm not trying to be nasty about this, but I don't think we gain anything by pussyfooting around. I'm aware that has made me unpopular and largely ignored in this debate, but so be it.

love in Christ,

Malcolm

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Let us hope that those who have chosen to ignore you (Loser For Jesus) find reason to listen again.

We all have something to offer and as long as it is done in the right spirit I don't believe it should be ignored.

Hopefully we can all grow up and not feel so insecure about what we believe.&nbsp; I know that I have personally contributed to the problem of bitterness that seems to arise from these issues.&nbsp; But we do all serve a God of love, though our opions about His other natures may verry, for all of us He is a God of love.&nbsp; So let us display that Spirit in our post and not our own flesh.

Blessing to all

SnuP

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by hobart schmedly
Hobie

Because it creates two "classes" of Christians, those who have enough faith and are blessed, and those who are ordinary believers, and are not blessed. There is no Biblical basis for such a class system, except in the minds of the WOF believers.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by lambslove
Because it creates two "classes" of Christians, those who have enough faith and are blessed, and those who are ordinary believers, and are not blessed. There is no Biblical basis for such a class system, except in the minds of the WOF believers.

There are two types of christians:&nbsp; Those who are lukewarm and those who are hot.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by lambslove

lambslove,

On my part this is an untrue statement.&nbsp; If you feel that way because of something I've said, it's because that's the way you chose to perceive it.&nbsp; I certaintly do not believe that way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.