United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
article said:
In a story filled with all the standard climate alarmist narratives, USA Today recently reported on the rising movement by local governments in the United States to refuse to permit unwanted wind and solar industrial sites in their jurisdictions.

Such pushback is likely to grow more strident in the coming years as it becomes clear to citizens that their state governments have failed to enact effective regulatory structures requiring timely and full retirement and remediation of these industrial sites when their useful life has expired.

But by then, it will be too late for the communities to protect their rights. The only real way to protect a city or county from these myriad impacts is to refuse to allow them to be built.

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My brother and I were just "debating" this the other day. I said if you don't get China on board (with green energy), then it's kind of pointless. He kept saying we had to get China to do it, but never said how.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My brother and I were just "debating" this the other day. I said if you don't get China on board (with green energy), then it's kind of pointless. He kept saying we had to get China to do it, but never said how.
Yeah.....the Chinese open up another new coal-burning power plant about every six months or so, but we're the ones to blame for climate change because we use plastic drinking straws. Hogwash. :mad:

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yeah.....the Chinese open up another new coal-burning power plant about every six months or so, but we're the ones to blame for climate change because we use plastic drinking straws. Hogwash. :mad:
My brother is uber-liberal. He blames everything on the U.S.--it is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I live in Indiana where there are cropping up a lot of wind farms. The farmers thought this was a wind fall (pun intended) income on their land. They lease the land under the windmill at rates much higher than they can make farming it. Much of the soil in Indiana is full of peat and clay making for poor drainage. So most of the fields have drain tiles added to improve that. The heavy equipment needed to put up and maintain the wind mills breaks these tiles and stops the drainage, therefore decreasing the productivity of the rest of the field. Climate activists make emotional arguments because practical ones point out the shortcomings of their positions.

• Winner
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I live in Indiana where there are cropping up a lot of wind farms. The farmers thought this was a wind fall (pun intended) income on their land. They lease the land under the windmill at rates much higher than they can make farming it. Much of the soil in Indiana is full of peat and clay making for poor drainage. So most of the fields have drain tiles added to improve that. The heavy equipment needed to put up and maintain the wind mills breaks these tiles and stops the drainage, therefore decreasing the productivity of the rest of the field. Climate activists make emotional arguments because practical ones point out the shortcomings of their positions.
Where are they dumping the old blades of the wind generators when they invariably wear out? The fibreglass doesn't get recycled.

Upvote 0