Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah it's called caution, see I don't hastily get foreign substances injected into my body and then malign those who don't.
Are you generally opposed to all vaccines or just the Covid vaxx?

Upvote 0

Osmotic

May 31, 2021
Sacramento
✟851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you generally opposed to all vaccines or just the Covid vaxx?
What I'm opposed to is the ease with which people are manipulated into going against their better judgement, and simply fall in line with what the expected behavior is. It's certainly not that I'm some anarchist or contrarian or deliberately non-conformist because I'm truly not, I just see how readily people set aside reason and discernment because everybody else is doing something. My initial inquiry into "are you vaccinated" to those who expressed disdain for a man they have never met was because my hypothesis is that there is a positive correlation between what the media tells you to do, and what you do, and that is alarming because it is just stepping stones towards people falling in line with whatever they are told to do for whatever reasons they are told to do them. Not that people are entirely foolish but rather the role that fear and anger plays in the life of a person and their susceptibility to having their rationality overruled by those fleeting impulsive feelings points to how easily they can be controlled. People love to think they're rational when they're really not, and their rationality comes as a post-script attachment to their impulsive decision making as a justification for their behavior rather than the guiding tenet of their volitional will.

So, those who were easily manipulated by the media to have disdain inculcated in their hearts for a random dude, probably also will be just as easily manipulated by the fear of some 'terrifying virulent pathogen' and do whatever they are told to quell that fear. Seeing this then and having an understanding of eschatology, I know that only pain, death, and control will come from people being ruled by fear and if you think that coronavirus was scary, wait until you see what's next.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What I'm opposed to is the ease with which people are manipulated into going against their better judgement, and simply fall in line with what the expected behavior is. It's certainly not that I'm some anarchist or contrarian or deliberately non-conformist because I'm truly not, I just see how readily people set aside reason and discernment because everybody else is doing something. My initial inquiry into "are you vaccinated" to those who expressed disdain for a man they have never met was because my hypothesis is that there is a positive correlation between what the media tells you to do, and what you do, and that is alarming because it is just stepping stones towards people falling in line with whatever they are told to do for whatever reasons they are told to do them. Not that people are entirely foolish but rather the role that fear and anger plays in the life of a person and their susceptibility to having their rationality overruled by those fleeting impulsive feelings points to how easily they can be controlled. People love to think they're rational when they're really not, and their rationality comes as a post-script attachment to their impulsive decision making as a justification for their behavior rather than the guiding tenet of their volitional will.

So, those who were easily manipulated by the media to have disdain inculcated in their hearts for a random dude, probably also will be just as easily manipulated by the fear of some 'terrifying virulent pathogen' and do whatever they are told to quell that fear. Seeing this then and having an understanding of eschatology, I know that only pain, death, and control will come from people being ruled by fear and if you think that coronavirus was scary, wait until you see what's next.
You never answered the question. Are you opposed to vaccines in general or is it something about this one in particular that has you concerned?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not hurt mate. Your decisions for your body don't hurt me. I just worry about the kids. You're the one that's annoyed because you rashly and without forethought injected unknown chemicals into your body because a voice on the television told you to. If anything the virtue signaling is just false courage because if you stop and think about what you've done you invite doubt and worry should legitimately creep in but you push back those feelings and plow forward full steam ahead. So I understand why you behave the way that you do and don't hold anything against you.

Bless your heart. Why would you assume I didn't consider my choice? Why would you think I didn't do my research? You are arguing about a future possibility, which you don't know, claiming I didn't look into the information that is actually available. It seems you don't know a thing about anything you're talking about.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A telling comment about what?

Motivation? Possibly -

Ban him long enough so we can take his money in 2024.
Only interested in 'taking his money"? I find it interesting and very telling about motivation for keeping someone banned.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Bless your heart. Why would you assume I didn't consider my choice? Why would you think I didn't do my research? You are arguing about a future possibility, which you don't know, claiming I didn't look into the information that is actually available. It seems you don't know a thing about anything you're talking about.
Just ignore. I think they’re only here to troll. Not one comment of theirs has been on topic to the thread.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As a stand-up whose name escapes me said "farting in an elevator is wrong on so many levels".
GskDlCd.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.