Not open for further replies.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Facebook Says Trump's Ban Will Last at Least 2 Years
Facebook said on Friday that Donald J. Trump’s suspension from the service would last at least two years, clarifying a timeline on the ban that the company put in place in January.

The company said Mr. Trump would be eligible for reinstatement in January 2023, when it will then look to experts to decide “whether the risk to public safety has receded,” Facebook said. The company barred the former president from the service after comments he made about the Capitol riots.

Ban him long enough so we can take his money in 2024.

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That might make some sense. In two years the next campaign will begin to cycle up. It gives him a chance to handle things differently for the next campaign, rather than looking backward with all this "the election was stolen" nonsense feeding insurrection. And, if he continues spouting lies, they can always ban him again.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Osmotic

May 31, 2021
Sacramento
✟851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That might make some sense. In two years the next campaign will begin to cycle up. It gives him a chance to handle things differently for the next campaign, rather than looking backward with all this "the election was stolen" nonsense feeding insurrection. And, if he continues spouting lies, they can always ban him again.
Well, the election was stolen. Additionally the insurrection was clearly planned. I don't think Trump cared about those things though, he just played his part and played it well.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

More importantly, it allows the 2022 midterms to proceed with a minimum of Donald-inspired chaos.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
This is a yawner, if they had let him back in time for the 2022 elections I would think it was interesting but I bet money that if he does decide to run for President in 2024 they will find some reason to extend the ban so that he cannot use FB at all. FB is now a part of the swamp..... SwampBook.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Osmotic

May 31, 2021
Sacramento
✟851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why not start a new thread with a poll?
Oh I don't know how I also just think there is a positive correlation between people with disdain for Trump and getting the vaccine. Leftists would equate it to high IQ lol. I would say its a proclivity towards media propaganda and indoctrination.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This is a yawner, if they had let him back in time for the 2022 elections I would think it was interesting but I bet money that if he does decide to run for President in 2024 they will find some reason to extend the ban so that he cannot use FB at all. FB is now a part of the swamp..... SwampBook.

I suppose someone will have to be held responsible for Donald's behavior... Nobody expects it to be Donald.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Oh I don't know how I also just think there is a positive correlation between people with disdain for Trump and getting the vaccine. Leftists would equate it to high IQ lol. I would say its a proclivity towards media propaganda and indoctrination.

That's nice.

As soon as you're able to start a thread, you should do so and put that hypothesis to the test.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well I was hoping I could start with you. Did you get vaccinated?

Start a thread instead of derailing this one.

Donald will be off FB for at least two years... longer if he doesn't behave himself, which he hasn't done yet.
His Twitter ban remains permanent, and his blog folded after less than a month due to massive indifference.
If Donald can't rally the gullible faithful, he can't get money from them... in which case, he will no longer be of any use to the GOP.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Osmotic

May 31, 2021
Sacramento
✟851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean "how so"? I don't know what you're asking sorry. If you're asking me "How was the election stolen" there is no single answer. Just like all events are intensely complex and layered and there can be no definitive causation. You could be asking about the cultural environment, physical specifics of actions taken in terms of voting day or january 6th, you would need to ask a more specific question for me to construct a response.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Maybe he can barter access, like each time he gives a dollar to one of his creditors, or pays an illegal employee for overtime he gets to make a post. Or he could do a little dance on TikTok for 5 minutes of ranting, something like that.

I'm sorry, but if I saw Donald on TikTok, I'd call for a multi-lifetime ban... in case of reincarnation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.