St. Louis, MO.
✟373,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
“O Beware, my lord, of jealousy. It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on...

Iago, in Othello, Act III

Not to get off- topic. But I’m curious. How did green become associated with jealousy and envy? I suspect it pre- dates Shakespeare.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
“O Beware, my lord, of jealousy. It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on...

Iago, in Othello, Act III

Not to get off- topic. But I’m curious. How did green become associated with jealousy and envy? I suspect it pre- dates Shakespeare.

I am probably wrong, but I have always thought green eyes resembled snake eyes and perhaps other people have this reaction when looking at green eyes too. With snakes being associated with Satan in Christianity and the traits of envy and jealousy being the main reasons for his fall from heaven.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Honestly surprised blue eyes are winning. I always thought they were so rare (even within heavily dominated European heritage populations), apparently not.

Nice to learn that I have hazel eyes. I've looked at my eyes in a mirror with natural sunlight and I was surprised how brown they look. A little bummed out honestly, lol.. but I guess it's kind of cool to have eyes that change so much depending on the light.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thought it was time to make an eye color thread.

The color of my eye depends on the lighting. Although for the most part I would say they are dark green. Wish they were a lighter shade of green but that is the way it goes.

A nice mixture of blue and green, with touches of gold. The color of my eyes is one thing I like about my appearance.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0