Extreme fear whether Jesus will forgive me or not.

Jeremy444777

Aug 6, 2018
New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I have severe OCD (OCD is an obsession of irrational thoughts), anyway, I am very afraid God won't forgive me because I get so terribly afraid if I really committed a sin or not. For instance, my brother used to have a Gameboy and I worry if I broke it along time ago. He doesn't talk about it, however, he brought up his Gameboy the other day and I apologized to him just in case I broke his Gameboy. I'm afraid because what if I really did break his Gameboy and I didn't tell him that I 100% know it was me? Am I lying? I worry about A LOT of other things but I'm worried that there is no hope for me and I'm going to Hell because I said ''what if'' and didn't say it was me, although I'm unsure if it was me. I have done this with potential past sins because I'm unsure whether I did something or not I'm worried because I have this issue with other things and I have apologized to others though I'm unsure if I offended them.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I have severe OCD (OCD is an obsession of irrational thoughts),...
Are you taking any medicine for your OCD? (My son does.)

Your OCD will never be satisfied with good, sound, Biblical answers/advice. If you deal with that, first, then you can hear what you came for.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
God created the world and finished his creation by creating mankind. He didn't create mankind just to throw it away, away from his face. God created us because he truly loves us, this genuine love is above anything that a human can grasp.

The fall ruined our relationship with God, but that was on our end. God never stopped loving us, we stopped loving him and being God he deserves nothing, but true love out of the freedom of our hearts. This is the relationship between God and humans.

In this life we're called to trust in God and have faith in God through Christ our Lord. The distrust we showed in Eden can now be restored by trust in Christ through faith.
The penalty of going against God couldn't be payed off by any human it was a tab to high. God himself through Christ payed for our sins and restored the God-man relationship. He did this out of immense love for us. It's not just hippie slang, Jesus truly does love us!

He's not looking for a chance to throw you into hell, but rather he's inviting you to live a life with him. A life that lasts forever. Amen.

Reactions: WilliamBo
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
One OT model that points to Christ's sacrifice on our behalf was the yearly scapegoats. There actually were two scapegoats. One was sacrificed on the altar for the enumerated sins of Israel. On the head of the other goat, the priest would confess the hidden, unnamed sins of Israel, and then lead the animal out to the deep wilderness, never to be seen again.

All your sins are covered by the Lord Jesus Christ. Yes, we should confess what comes to mind, as the Holy Spirit brings them to mind. But we don't have to go digging. We don't have to be our own accuser. If it's an important matter, Holy Spirit will bring it up in its due time. Meanwhile, we have been commanded to receive the Lord's peace and continue to abide in it (John 14-15, et al).

So try not to let this fear dominate you, or drive you to extreme action. Instead, abide in the position Christ has won for you, and in the peace it brings. Romans 5 tells us we have peace with God and we stand because of grace - not works. We can't earn our salvation, we can only receive it from the Lord. So thank Him and love Him for what He has done, and labor to enter His rest (Heb 4).

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” -Matt 11:28-30​

• Winner
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God created the world and finished his creation by creating mankind. He didn't create mankind just to throw it away, away from his face. God created us because he truly loves us, this genuine love is above anything that a human can grasp.

The fall ruined our relationship with God, but that was on our end. God never stopped loving us, we stopped loving him and being God he deserves nothing, but true love out of the freedom of our hearts. This is the relationship between God and humans.

In this life we're called to trust in God and have faith in God through Christ our Lord. The distrust we showed in Eden can now be restored by trust in Christ through faith.
The penalty of going against God couldn't be payed off by any human it was a tab to high. God himself through Christ payed for our sins and restored the God-man relationship. He did this out of immense love for us. It's not just hippie slang, Jesus truly does love us!

He's not looking for a chance to throw you into hell, but rather he's inviting you to live a life with him. A life that lasts forever. Amen.

Well put.

Upvote 0

Note

Borg Drone
Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
God knows humans not going to remember everything. if you broke it, you broke it. If not, do not worry. If you can not remember and it bothers you, maybe tell your bro that you can not recall breaking it but if you did, you sorry and ask for forgiveness. Get it off your chest if it bothers you that much. No harm in doing so, right?
And go to God asking for forgiveness on anything you did do whether you remember it or not (I should take this advice). He will throw away all your sins and forget them, just as you should.

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

fodare

Sep 5, 2018
Torrance
✟15,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Repent used to mean change of thinking. As long as you're line of thinking is centered on Christ, and you believe on the gospel, then you're saved. You don't need to continually "admit" your sins, He knows you were a sinner and the whole point of 'repenting' is your declaration of attempting to be sinless as possible. Christians can't become perfect down here, so you have nothing worry about if you're sincerely making an effort.

You were forgiven of all sins, past, present and future, the instant you believed.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I have severe OCD (OCD is an obsession of irrational thoughts), anyway, I am very afraid God won't forgive me because I get so terribly afraid if I really committed a sin or not. For instance, my brother used to have a Gameboy and I worry if I broke it along time ago. He doesn't talk about it, however, he brought up his Gameboy the other day and I apologized to him just in case I broke his Gameboy. I'm afraid because what if I really did break his Gameboy and I didn't tell him that I 100% know it was me? Am I lying? I worry about A LOT of other things but I'm worried that there is no hope for me and I'm going to Hell because I said ''what if'' and didn't say it was me, although I'm unsure if it was me. I have done this with potential past sins because I'm unsure whether I did something or not I'm worried because I have this issue with other things and I have apologized to others though I'm unsure if I offended them.

That's why the Lord has made a way of escape for us. Its called repentance. If you have committed sinful acts in words, deeds and thoughts, immediately confess it to the Lord and repent of it. Many of us are guilty of worser things than you. Yet we have the confidence that if we repent God will forgive us. Also we will have to forgive the sins of others towards us to be forgiven of our own trespasses.

Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you. Psalm 55:22

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

There are 3 (really 2) things Jesus taught Soon to be Christians about salvation.. 1 The whole Law all of it is full filled in just two points. meaning the whole law of God can be summerized in just two things. one Love God with all of your being (heart, mind, spirit and strength) 2 love your neighbor as yourself. then three which is really apart of two, if you want to be forgiven the forgive others who sin against you, for if you can not forgive your brother of a lessor sin, your Father will not forgive the debt you owe Him!

Now, if your brother broke your game boy how would you want him to go about making the situation better? how or what would he have to do for you, inorder for you to forgive him?

Whatever that is... now be honest, because whatever you want, is expected from you to do to him.

Read the story of the unmerciful servant:
21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.

29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’

30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

heres it is in story form

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I have severe OCD (OCD is an obsession of irrational thoughts), anyway, I am very afraid God won't forgive me because I get so terribly afraid if I really committed a sin or not.

When I was in my early twenties, I struggled with very serious OCD. It was miserable. My OCD dissolved, though, when I began to anchor my thinking, not to my fears, but to the truth of God's word. Every time I began to be obsessive-compulsive in my thinking I would tell myself what God said was true of me (and Him). I didn't do this ritualistically, like repeating a mantra or magic spell. I told myself God's truth and then I chose very consciously to trust myself to it. Over time, as I persisted in interrupting my OCD thinking with the truth of Scripture, my OCD receded until one day I realized I had not had a single moment of OCD at all for the entire day. This day became days, then weeks, then months and then thirty years (I'm over fifty now). My point is that your current struggle with OCD doesn't have to be a forever thing. If I could get free, so can you.

Why do you think God won't forgive you? Where do you get such an idea from? I don't see any cause for such a fear in the Bible.

I worry about A LOT of other things but I'm worried that there is no hope for me and I'm going to Hell because I said ''what if'' and didn't say it was me, although I'm unsure if it was me. I have done this with potential past sins because I'm unsure whether I did something or not I'm worried because I have this issue with other things and I have apologized to others though I'm unsure if I offended them.

Good grief! You've got a very [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]-eyed idea of what God is like! You know, He loved you so much He suffered and died for you. Does this sound like a God who wants to smack you down every time you put a foot wrong? He went to the terrible lengths the cross of Calvary required because He wanted you to know that He loves you and, knowing His love for you, to love Him in return. Why, then, are you afraid?

Here's the truth that I strongly urge you to begin to speak to yourself when you get OCD:

1 John 4:9-10
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Romans 8:38-39
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 John 4:16-19
16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
19 We love Him because He first loved us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God will never, ever reject you. He will always forgive if you repent. The only way to be separated from God is if you reject him and keep rejecting him for so long that you never again are willing to go to him for forgiveness (which is called a hardened heart in Scripture).

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0