Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One of my chief criticism against the Messianic movement, in general, tends to be that it often seems little more than Evangelicalism donning a kippah. I don't actually have a problem with Jewish Christians observing Jewish observances or traditions; but I find it mildly frustrating when some self-described Messianic Jews insist that what they are doing is identical with first century Christian practice, since for the most part they have simply blended modern Evangelical worship with the trappings of Ashkenazi Jewish traditions. Obviously this does not apply to all self-described Messianics, and especially not to Jewish Christians in general.

Agreed, this is as chief complaint of mine as well.

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am exploring the Lutheran faith as a possible path for myself. I'm familiar with a few tenets of the LCMS and sense it would be an ideal fit. However, there is much to learn and I'd appreciate pointers on the topics I should consider. Books and other resources are welcome.

Also, does the LCMS have a presence overseas? In particular, London and Paris? Thank you.

Welcome to the Book of Concord

That's probably the foundation stone for any study of the Lutheran Confessions that you'd like to make.

Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod - Locate A Church

Not specifically sure about congregations in Europe, but the above link lets you search by location.

Upvote 0