United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Women have a propensity to judge situations according to their feelings, men don't, you can connect the dots.
Source? I would concede that men and women are different on average in a number of ways, provided you link to the studies, but I've never heard of any trait being night and day between them.

Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Source? I would concede that men and women are different on average in a number of ways, provided you link to the studies, but I've never heard of any trait being night and day between them.
You're right. The differences are minor, yet if all you ever heard were Christian pop psych authors, you'd get he impression they're a different species altogether.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
No, I don't have a pastor, but I was simply trying to make a point that men and women are two completely different creatures, created to fulfill two completely different roles and yet they compliment one another.
Your definition of "completely different creatures" must be pretty loose. There honestly aren't that many natural differences that can be reasonably generalized to a whole sex.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
however, the other coworker argued that unless he tells the wife, then their entire marriage is a lie... and that the wife has to know...

Thing is the marriage is already a lie...

So, basically, my question is in regards to those who feel that he must tell his wife. I guess I honestly don't understand the logic behind it. I feel it is a response based on social conditioning. Yet, if you really stop and think about it, he should not tell the wife when there is no way she would find out otherwise. So what good can come of it

He wants his wife to know because he feels guilty not only for what he did, but for getting away with it. He wants to get caught because that's what he deserves. That it will likely mean the end of his marriage doesn't matter to him because he no longer deserves to be married to his wife. He doesn't want grace, he wants justice, which he understands to be whatever his wife does when she hears the news.

Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment deals with this theme. It's about a man who commits a murder and in the end turns himself in, knowing full well he could have got away with it. Far from punishment deterring him, he wants the punishment because he thinks it will ease his conscience. The moral of the story being that punishment doesn't deter crime because deep down the criminal wants the punishment.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On the contrary, I see your bigoted, misogynistic attitude for what it is. What's true, is that women should have every right and opportunity afforded to men, and shouldn't be subjugated to men like you. If you think otherwise, then strong, confident intellectual women probably scare you, and probably couldn't handle a relationship with one, hence your need to feel superior in every way.

So this man and probably his wife, by choice (no one is forcing wife or husband to do anything) try to live their life as God wants them to and that's what you make out of it?

Your insecurity is really getting the best of you, Hitch. You are flat out making things up and judging this completely innocent man for trying to be good? Do you even read some of the hateful junk you write before you post? Why be abusive to someone who is not hurting anyone whatsoever and likely quite the contrary? Are you jealous? Something isn't right with some of you folks...your attitude doesn't add up.

We get it, Man, you hate God. I guess I'm just baffled someone can hate something that they don't even feel exists, and so deeply? Makes no sense.

If the real reason is, you know God exists, and all this mess is how you try to delude yourself in to believing otherwise so you can pretend you aren't going to Hell, then why not just take care of business and stay out of Hell since you're that terrified of it? Otherwise why not just crawl back under your rock and leave others with their beliefs? Makes no sense how you act here or that you are even here at all, unless you just want to try to take others down with you? Misery loves company?

Upvote 0

Hallstone

Jul 20, 2016
Pacific Northwest
✟14,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And what, pray tell, is one's "role as a true man"?
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.
Eph 5:24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,

Upvote 0

Hallstone

Jul 20, 2016
Pacific Northwest
✟14,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your definition of "completely different creatures" must be pretty loose. There honestly aren't that many natural differences that can be reasonably generalized to a whole sex.
Well besides the fact that we were created in two different ways, and that we think differently, look different, and have completely different roles in the divine order, I would say that makes us pretty different other than maybe breathing the same air and such. But I do understand your point. Maybe I should have said very different :)

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well besides the fact that we were created in two different ways,
What is that supposed to mean?
and that we think differently, look different, and have completely different roles in the divine order, I would say that makes us pretty different other than maybe breathing the same air and such.
I see zero scientific terms or evidence here. Men and women are far, far more alike than they are different. The differences are not enough to suggest that we should have mutually exclusive roles.

Upvote 0

Hallstone

Jul 20, 2016
Pacific Northwest
✟14,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is that supposed to mean?

I see zero scientific terms or evidence here. Men and women are far, far more alike than they are different. The differences are not enough to suggest that we should have mutually exclusive roles.
Evidently we are different enough for God to intend and command that we have different roles, and that's my point, we don't fulfill our roles because we feel like it, we do it to be obedient to Jesus, and please him and not our own selfish and/or ambitious desires that are fueled by a grossly dysfunctional society.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Evidently we are different enough for God to intend and command that we have different roles, and that's my point, we don't fulfill our roles because we feel like it, we do it to be obedient to Jesus, and please him and not our own selfish and/or ambitious desires that are fueled by a grossly dysfunctional society.
He probably should have communicated that a bit sooner in human history, then, if it's so important.

Just for the record, most people who "don't fulfill [their] roles" are doing so because they don't agree with you on this topic, or simply because that model is not a viable option in their reality. I was raised Christian, and I was never, ever taught that my role as a woman is significantly different than that of a man. Believe it or not, not everyone who is different than you is a dysfunctional, selfish person.

Upvote 0

Church2u2

Aug 9, 2016
Georgia
✟15,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello.I'm a newbie and so far I've visited some interesting forums on here. Exploring Adultery : another interesting one.Well that woman in John 8:3 was about the first adulterer who recieved grace from the Lord. He told her to go and sin no more.The people accusing her weren't even worthy to cast their first stone because they were sinners themselves. I've always wondered where the man they "supposedly " caught her with had gone off to. The law called for the death of both.Wonder if they stoned him first?

Upvote 0

Church2u2

Aug 9, 2016
Georgia
✟15,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Proverbs 6:32-35 But in particular verse 32 Whoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding; He who does so destroys his own soul.) And 34 For jealousy is a husband's fury;Therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance. ) who needs that drama in their lives??

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Hello.I'm a newbie and so far I've visited some interesting forums on here. Exploring Adultery : another interesting one.Well that woman in John 8:3 was about the first adulterer who recieved grace from the Lord. He told her to go and sin no more.The people accusing her weren't even worthy to cast their first stone because they were sinners themselves. I've always wondered where the man they "supposedly " caught her with had gone off to. The law called for the death of both.Wonder if they stoned him first?

The more interesting question about that story is to ask why it doesn't appear in any of the earlier versions and seems to have been added many centuries later.....?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.
Eph 5:24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,

Fine. Then it means nothing to those of us who define our humanity and masculinity using a different calculus.

Upvote 0

Hallstone

Jul 20, 2016
Pacific Northwest
✟14,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He probably should have communicated that a bit sooner in human history, then, if it's so important.

Just for the record, most people who "don't fulfill [their] roles" are doing so because they don't agree with you on this topic, or simply because that model is not a viable option in their reality. I was raised Christian, and I was never, ever taught that my role as a woman is significantly different than that of a man. Believe it or not, not everyone who is different than you is a dysfunctional, selfish person.

you have been conditioned to think so, the specific roles were from the beginning, departure from the divine order equals disorder which equals dysfunction equals confusion or as the Bible puts it perversion of the divine order or immorality, its just like it says you cant find Him unless you search for Him with your whole heart and give up what is yours and acknowledge his truth.

Upvote 0

Hallstone

Jul 20, 2016
Pacific Northwest
✟14,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fine. Then it means nothing to those of us who define our humanity and masculinity using a different calculus.
Jesus is the one who defines our reality, He is the one who Moses spoke about, saying that whoever does not heed His word will be cut off, our own definition of reality is useless unless it is in sync with His. The so called churches have failed to address to deeper issues because of their financial agendas that's why they have been abased and have no power.

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Jesus is the one who defines our reality,

No. You believe that he defines YOURS. Please don't try to speak for me.

He is the one who Moses spoke about, saying that whoever does not heed His word will be cut off, our own definition of reality is useless unless it is in sync with His. The so called churches have failed to address to deeper issues because of their financial agendas that's why they have been abased and have no power.

You are entitled to your opinion, regardless of the paltry evidence upon which it is based.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So this man and probably his wife, by choice (no one is forcing wife or husband to do anything) try to live their life as God wants them to and that's what you make out of it?

Your insecurity is really getting the best of you, Hitch. You are flat out making things up and judging this completely innocent man for trying to be good? Do you even read some of the hateful junk you write before you post? Why be abusive to someone who is not hurting anyone whatsoever and likely quite the contrary? Are you jealous? Something isn't right with some of you folks...your attitude doesn't add up.

We get it, Man, you hate God. I guess I'm just baffled someone can hate something that they don't even feel exists, and so deeply? Makes no sense.

If the real reason is, you know God exists, and all this mess is how you try to delude yourself in to believing otherwise so you can pretend you aren't going to Hell, then why not just take care of business and stay out of Hell since you're that terrified of it? Otherwise why not just crawl back under your rock and leave others with their beliefs? Makes no sense how you act here or that you are even here at all, unless you just want to try to take others down with you? Misery loves company?
Lol.

Feel better now?

Upvote 0