Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm losing my ability to discern the spirits (meaning the voices in my head, the ones from God vs. the ones from me), and am experiencing doubts about my faith. I'm not sure what to do.
Don't listen to any of them. Study the Bible instead. It is God's revelation to Mankind concerning all that he needs for us to know in this life.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm losing my ability to discern the spirits (meaning the voices in my head, the ones from God vs. the ones from me), and am experiencing doubts about my faith. I'm not sure what to do.

Yeah, :( I get that. I'm doubting my salvation hard right now, and I feel like I'm losing my gifts.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Don't listen to any of them. Study the Bible instead. It is God's revelation to Mankind concerning all that he wants us to know in this life.

Now is a bad time for me to read the Bible. The reason why is since the Holy Spirit is not in me, I won't feel inspired while reading the texts.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Now is a bad time for me to read the Bible. The reason why is since the Holy Spirit is not in me, I won't feel inspired while reading the texts.
You don't need to feel inspired. The Holy Scriptures exist to bring people to Christ who may not have ever before heard of him or the Gospels. Surely, then, it's useful for a person who already has...whether or not he feels he's sufficiently inspired at the moment.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you are hearing voices, voices that are telling you to do things and things you don't want to do.
Please see a doctor.
Understand that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit would never ask you to do anything that would harm you or anybody else.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If you are hearing voices, voices that are telling you to do things and things you don't want to do.
Please see a doctor.
Understand that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit would never ask you to do anything that would harm you or anybody else.

Thanks, but the voices aren't telling me to harm myself.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
These are the times you have to plow through. Were you ever an athlete? If yes you know that the only way your muscles grow is when you exercise WHEN TIRED. If you stop when you begin to tire you don't increase stamina and strength. Well, it is the same in the spirit. Right now you are tired, but in order to grow you need to fight through the adversity before you. The Holy Spirit didn't leave you... and that is the problem with this fact... the Lord isn't the only spirit that can whisper in our ears. That thought is contrary to God's word... therefore, it isn't from God. And Albion is correct... now more than ever is the time for you to get into the word.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It would be great if you could find a good biblically solid church to be fed good biblical doctrines and life precepts. Not only on Sundays but midweek services and/or bible studies to help maintain focus and perspectives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
It would be great if you could find a good biblically solid church to be fed good biblical doctrines and life precepts. Not only on Sundays but midweek services and/or bible studies to help maintain focus and perspectives.
This is the best advice. As a young Christian, you are at a stage where you need to be discipled. And the best way to do that is find a real congregation to attend.

You're not going to get that kind of geniune, solid discipleship here at CF where you have folks telling you that you need to be "delivered" from your demons and are "casting them out of you" over the internet. IMO, that's preposterous. Those folks are not trained in the kind of mental illness you have.

Find some real flesh-and-blood Christians who will assist you in your walk. God bless.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, but the voices aren't telling me to harm myself.
If they are causing you to doubt your faith, they are seeking to harm you.
What great hurt could they do but to remove you from Jesus.

Please seek help.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with the posts about you talking to your psychiatrist as soon as you can. That you are still having command voices and you need to tell him your symptoms and let him adjust your meds if he feels necessary. But you just cant keep going like this every day hearing voices telling you to do random things, that is no way for anyone to live.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to see if I can get a Christian counselor.

Is that close enough?

Only if they can prescribe medication which i don't think they can but why not bring your doctor into this and the christian counselor that sounds best.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree with the posts about you talking to your psychiatrist as soon as you can. That you are still having command voices and you need to tell him your symptoms and let him adjust your meds if he feels necessary. But you just cant keep going like this every day hearing voices telling you to do random things, that is no way for anyone to live.
I totally agree. You deserve a decent life , OP.,.so please seek treatment so you can live in peace like God desires.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Deal with your mental health through psychiatrist/counseling/medication.

Deal with your spiritual health by finding a good Christian congregation to physically attend.

Trying to find answers on the internet is only going to cause you more confusion due to your mental situation, as I'm sure you're becoming aware of now....if you haven't become aware already. You'll begin to find the answers you seek with prayer and getting out in the real world.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'll be honest. My psychiatrist I have isn't the very best. Long story but in my town, medical help isn't very good. Would it be out of the question for me to find a different psychiatrist? Because everything he tells me to do just isn't working.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll be honest. My psychiatrist I have isn't the very best. Long story but in my town, medical help isn't very good. Would it be out of the question for me to find a different psychiatrist? Because everything he tells me to do just isn't working.

I'd be patient with him because your illness is one of the most difficult illnesses to treat. If he gets to the point where he says he doesn't know what else to do that is when I would leave for someone else.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.