Exegesis of subtle satan

Was the sabbath commandment against you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

Hezekiah81

Christ died for me so I died for him
Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Y
I cannot see man's fabricated doctrine in the verses below.

Romans 3:28
For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law (Sabbath).

Romans 4:15
For the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law (Sabbath), there also is no violation.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law (Sabbath) but under grace.

Romans 6:15
What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law (Sabbath) but under grace?

I am not required to obey the law and that is what the apostle taught.
You have no percipience of what under the law means. It means that if Christ's Spirit indeed dwells in you that you are not under the condemnation [the punishment of it] of the law. (Romans 3:31) You are in complete contradiction of that verse. Also read (Romans 8:1-2) and it will tell you what you have been freed from which is sin and death not the law of God most High (Romans 7:12-13) which is holy, just, and good. Notice if you read in context it says the law did not make death unto you but it was sin that took that which is good and used it as a weapon against you and killed you. Now you might ask how. You being dead in the flesh, living in it without the set-apart Spirit, were in bondage to sin and walked after the desires of the flesh which In turn made you transgress the law and put you under the condemnation of it but if Christ Spirit indeed dwells in you than you walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh and you will not transgress the law. What was sin and an abomination in the old hebrew scriptures [tanakh] is still today and I will continue to walk in God most high's ways[example: I can act in perfect love towards my brother but if I'm worshiping a false pagan statue I'm in transgression of the law ]. God bless you.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Y

You have no percipience of what under the law means. It means that if Christ's Spirit indeed dwells in you that you are not under the condemnation [the punishment of it] of the law. (Romans 3:31) You are in complete contradiction of that verse. Also read (Romans 8:1-2) and it will tell you what you have been freed from which is sin and death not the law of God most High (Romans 7:12-13) which is holy, just, and good. Notice if you read in context it says the law did not make death unto you but it was sin that took that which is good and used it as a weapon against you and killed you. Now you might ask how. You being dead in the flesh, living in it without the set-apart Spirit, were in bondage to sin and walked after the desires of the flesh which In turn made you transgress the law and put you under the condemnation of it but if Christ Spirit indeed dwells in you than you walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh and you will not transgress the law. What was sin and an abomination in the old hebrew scriptures [tanakh] is still today and I will continue to walk in God most high's ways[example: I can act in perfect love towards my brother but if I'm worshiping a false pagan statue I'm in transgression of the law ]. God bless you.
You miss the point that Paul is addressing the Jews in Rome. Paul is describing the law and it's implications for the unrighteous Jew. Paul is talking about the letter of the law. Here read the following verse.

Romans 2:17-18
But if you bear the name “Jew” and rely upon the Law and boast in God, and know His will and approve the things that are essential, being instructed out of the Law.

Paul is not talking to the Gentiles in Romans 2:17-18.

You and a lot of people misunderstand the letter to the Romans.

Romans 4:4
What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather (?) according to the flesh, has found?

Abraham was the forefather of the Jews, not the Gentiles.

Romans 4:13-15
For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith. For if those who are of the Law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise is nullified; for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, there also is no violation.

Paul was under the law and so were the rest of the Jews. The Gentiles were never under the law and the Gentiles were never in violation of the law.

If you place yourself under the law then you will be subjected to the wrath of God.

The law only grants a knowledge of sin and nothing else, and that is why it is established.

You need to spend considerable time and read the letter to the Romans properly.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You miss the point that Paul is addressing the Jews in Rome. Paul is describing the law and it's implications for the unrighteous Jew. Paul is talking about the letter of the law. Here read the following verse.

Romans 2:17-18
But if you bear the name “Jew” and rely upon the Law and boast in God, and know His will and approve the things that are essential, being instructed out of the Law.

Paul is not talking to the Gentiles in Romans 2:17-18.

You and a lot of people misunderstand the letter to the Romans.

Romans 4:4
What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather (?) according to the flesh, has found?

Abraham was the forefather of the Jews, not the Gentiles.

Romans 4:13-15
For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith. For if those who are of the Law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise is nullified; for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, there also is no violation.

Paul was under the law and so were the rest of the Jews. The Gentiles were never under the law and the Gentiles were never in violation of the law.

If you place yourself under the law then you will be subjected to the wrath of God.

The law only grants a knowledge of sin and nothing else, and that is why it is established.

You need to spend considerable time and read the letter to the Romans properly.
If you transgress God's law you will be subject to his wrath. (Hebrews 10:26-27) What is sin: transgression of the law. My percipience comes from God not from man. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus Himself is now the Sabbath. Take rest in Jesus.

Hebrews 4:9
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Christ is rest for your souls, the sabbath is rest for your body and to have uninterrupted propinquity and exaltation with God most high.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So your admitting your in transgression of the law not keeping the sabbath, that's the first step.
The law is obsolete. Jesus is now the sabbath. Rest in Him rather than certain days of the week.

Luke 13:10-17
Now he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. And there was a woman who had had a disabling spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not fully straighten herself. When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said to her, “Woman, you are freed from your disability.” And he laid his hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and she glorified God. But the ruler of the synagogue, indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, said to the people, “There are six days in which work ought to be done. Come on those days and be healed, and not on the Sabbath day.”

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christ is rest for your souls, the sabbath is rest for your body and to have uninterrupted propinquity and exaltation with God most high.
I only work 5 days a week, so I'm good.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The law is obsolete. Jesus is now the sabbath. Rest in Him rather than certain days of the week.

Luke 13:10-17
Now he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. And there was a woman who had had a disabling spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not fully straighten herself. When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said to her, “Woman, you are freed from your disability.” And he laid his hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and she glorified God. But the ruler of the synagogue, indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, said to the people, “There are six days in which work ought to be done. Come on those days and be healed, and not on the Sabbath day.”

We do not receive the rest in Christ by breaking the Sabbath commandment. The Israelites did not receive Christs rest because they broke the Sabbath commandment.

Hebrews 4:5
They shall not enter My rest.” 6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,

What did they disobey?

Ezekiel 20:13 13 Yet the house of Israel rebelled against Me in the wilderness; they did not walk in My statutes; they despised My judgments, ‘which, if a man does, he shall live by them’; and they greatly defiled My Sabbaths.

You don’t receive Christs blessings by disobedience. Perhaps something to pray about.

• Agree
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did God most high sanctify and command to keep holy any other day than the sabbath?

Romans 14:5
One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.

In my mind, every day is a sabbath now, as I have entered into a rest from my works.

Hebrews 4:10
For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romans 14:5
One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.

In my mind, every day is a sabbath now, as I have entered into a rest from my works.

Hebrews 4:10
For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His.
One question, and one quite critical for percipience, did God most high rest from his works daily or on the seventh day He chose to sanctify? And also you have no percipience of what's is being apprised in romans. Man doesn't decide what righteous living is God most high does.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
One question, and one quite critical for percipience, did God most high rest from his works daily or on the seventh day He chose to sanctify? And also you have no percipience of what's is being apprised in romans. Man doesn't decide what righteous living is God most high does.
Jesus always worked on the Sabbath day. Jesus made it His duty to work every Sabbath day. Jesus was crucified for that Sabbath disobedience.

John 5:18
For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

You will reply that, Jesus did not work on the Sabbath day and the Pharisees were falsely accusing Jesus of transgression. Yet, Jesus did the bulk of His preaching on the Sabbath day. Jesus healed people on the Sabbath day. Jesus was always at the temple on the Sabbath day, working hard. Jesus certainly was not resting on the Sabbath day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus always worked on the Sabbath day. Jesus made it His duty to work every Sabbath day. Jesus was crucified for that Sabbath disobedience.

John 5:18
For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

You will reply that, Jesus did not work on the Sabbath day and the Pharisees were falsely accusing Jesus of transgression. Yet, Jesus did the bulk of His preaching on the Sabbath day. Jesus healed people on the Sabbath day. Jesus was always at the temple on the Sabbath day, working hard. Jesus certainly was not resting on the Sabbath day.
Do you not know Christ was following his Father's commandments and not the commandments of men? Why do you condemn the innocent? Do you not help your child up if she has fallen and is hurt. You have no percipience of God most high's word. I pray you Father in your begotten son's name show this man the truth. God bless you.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you not know Christ was following his Father's commandments and not the commandments of men? Why do you condemn the innocent? Do you not help your child up if she has fallen and is hurt. You have no percipience of God most high's word. I pray you Father in your begotten son's name show this man the truth. God bless you.
Why do you keep talking about commandments of men, when we are discussing the fourth commandment?

Upvote 0