Exegesis of subtle satan

Was the sabbath commandment against you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Himself is now the Sabbath. Take rest in Jesus.

Hebrews 4:9
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Yes, we receive the rest in Christ though the keeping of the Sabbath, spending time with God.

Here is a beautiful sermon regarding the two rests you mention, I hope you will take a minute or two to listen. The presenter did an amazing job of sharing this love story of the rest we have in our Savior

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, we receive the rest in Christ though the keeping of the Sabbath, spending time with God.

Here is a beautiful sermon regarding the two tests you mention, I hope you will take a minute or two to listen. The presenter did an amazing job of sharing this love story of the rest we have in our Savior

Maybe others like to listen to sermons. Thanks for offering.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Christ died for me so I died for him
Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's how I understood it. I don't care how people word things, I'm not about to be put back under the Law from which I've been set free.
You've been set free from sin and are no longer under the condemnation of the law if Christ's Spirit indeed dwells in you. God doesn't change, what was sin and an abomination in the tanakh is still today and God still expects you to walk in his ways. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness not the end of the law period. Man doesn't decide what righteous living is God most high does. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Man doesn't decide what righteous living is God most high does.
Sure. Read the New Testament. The Sabbath is no longer mandated as a particular day of the week. There are over 600 commandments in the OT. Some apply to Levites, some only to women, but there are quite a few still. Which do you follow and which do you not? If you catch an infectious disease, do you burn your house down as instructed?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure. Read the New Testament. The Sabbath is no longer mandated as a particular day of the week. There are over 600 commandments in the OT. Some apply to Levites, some only to women, but there are quite a few still. Which do you follow and which do you not? If you catch an infectious disease, do you burn your house down as instructed?

There's set guidelines written many hundreds of years after the Bible on how all of that works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
There's set guidelines written many hundreds of years after the Bible on how all of that works.
Set by whom? The Jews? If you refer to the Talmud, that has nothing to do with Christianity. They are the guidelines that the Pharisees used to attack the Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus rejected their religiosity.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please share with me one iota of scripture that says the sabbath is abolished, I just took away with ease by the help of the set-apart Spirit mixed up religion's favorite go to verse to justify not keeping it, but you know what happens when the foundation of your doctrine isn't rooted in truth, it cannot stand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Please share with me one iota of scripture that says the sabbath is abolished, I just took away with ease by the help of the set-apart Spirit mixed up religion's favorite go to verse to justify not keeping it, but you know what happens when the foundation of your doctrine isn't rooted in truth, it cannot stand.
Colossians 2:16 does it for me.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Set by whom? The Jews? If you refer to the Talmud, that has nothing to do with Christianity. They are the guidelines that the Pharisees used to attack the Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus rejected their religiosity.

No not the Jews. From what I hear the Jews are offended by the gentile Christian version of how to keep the sabbath and other select laws. Some of the founders were Francis Bampfield, James Ockford, Peter Chamberlen, William Saller, among others from the 17th century. The most well known and prolific one is Ellen G. White from the 19th century.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
No not the Jews. From what I hear the Jews are offended by the gentile Christian version of how to keep the sabbath and other select laws. Some of the founders were Francis Bampfield, James Ockford, Peter Chamberlen, William Saller, among others from the 17th century. The most well known and prolific one is Ellen G. White from the 19th century.
Give me a break. White was the one claimed that God warned her against eating meat. This may have been right for her and her health problems, but it's contrary to God's word. I know nothing of the others that you mention.

I tried to read White's book, "The Great Controversy..." I had no idea who she was at the time. The book was given to me by someone I now know to be SDA. He was a really nice guy. He gave me a workout book, Strong's Concordance. The workout was carrying it around. Just kidding. It was very useful.

SDA teaches annihilation of the soul and does not differentiate between soul and spirit. Neither of those are Biblical.

If you want to keep the Sabbath then you have to keep it without even a hint of work. How you do that, I do not know. Driving a car is work. There is one SDA meeting place where I live. I doubt that very many SDA (or religious Christians) observe the Sabbath correctly. In which case, they are doomed. It's a bit sad, but that's the way they've chosen.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Not abolished. Fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't force you to believe, I know it's shocking when you realize mixed up religion has got it wrong and has been deceiving sincere believers in Christ. Don't you want what God has made for you? All I can do is tell you to pray to God on this matter and see what he puts in your heart. God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Give me a break. White was the one claimed that God warned her against eating meat. This may have been right for her and her health problems, but it's contrary to God's word. I know nothing of the others that you mention.

I tried to read White's book, "The Great Controversy..." I had no idea who she was at the time. The book was given to me by someone I now know to be SDA. He was a really nice guy. He gave me a workout book, Strong's Concordance. The workout was carrying it around. Just kidding. It was very useful.

SDA teaches annihilation of the soul and does not differentiate between soul and spirit. Neither of those are Biblical.

If you want to keep the Sabbath then you have to keep it without even a hint of work. How you do that, I do not know. Driving a car is work. There is one SDA meeting place where I live. I doubt that very many SDA (or religious Christians) observe the Sabbath correctly. In which case, they are doomed. It's a bit sad, but that's the way they've chosen.
Haven't you heard Christ blotted out those man fabricated ordinances, all God commands you to do is do no work and keep it holy, all those burdensome commands man says you have to keep are not part of the sabbath day God sanctified. It was made for you not against you. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(Exodus 31:16-17) 16 Wherefore the children of israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between me and the children of israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. [Now before we begin for the naysayers that say the sabbath isn't for them and only for jews read (Galatians 3:29); (Romans 11:17).You've been grafted in and you are Abraham's seed if Christ's Spirit indeed dwells in you. Now that means same God of the children of israel, same laws of the God of the children of israel, and the same promises of the God of the children of israel. Oh and haven't you heard there is no jew or gentile. Now that we've established we serve the same God let's get to the falsehood and root it out. Now the deceived and incognizant will tell you (Colossians 2:16) says the sabbath day that God sanctified [not man] has been abolished and blotted out but that is not a veracious interpretation, it is the false exegesis of satan. Now let's heedfully examine the context of this verse and see what is the actuality of what is being apprised here. Now notice the grammar of (Colossians 2:14) handwriting of ordinances that was against us. Do we have to guess or assume what these ordinances are?, or should we let man fabricated doctrine tell us what they are?, or should we let the set-apart Spirit, God's word, and context tell us? Let's go with the latter, now notice the similitude as we read further in context (Colossians 2:20-22), do you see the connection. This tells us exactly what these ordinances are, these are the commandments of men not God most high. It's telling us not to follow man's contrary ways but to follow Christ. You see how context conveys contexture. Now if you still believe torah was never given to the gentiles and gentiles were never mentioned observing the sabbath that's a falsehood, notice (Isaiah 56:6); (Acts 15:19-21) not only were they mentioned in the old hebrew scriptures [tanakh], but they're also shown given torah commandments [what is sin: transgression of torah] to keep in the new testament. Now you might ask why they were only given those commandments, because they didn't want to lay to heavy of a burden [all torah at once equals heavy burden] on these new believer gentile converts to Christ and they knew that's what the pagans were known to be mostly involved in that transgressed torah. If you read in context (Acts 15:21) they not only new these new believer gentiles would be observing the sabbath but they knew they would also be learning torah. Also one last thing, as you read at the beginning of this post, God rested and was refreshed which is what he wants for you. Jesus said ( Mark 2:27-28) that the sabbath was made for man [not against man] and the Son of man is Lord of the sabbath. Do you really think a day of rest is against you? It's time you take back what satan has stolen from you and delight in the law of God most high. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(Exodus 31:16-17) 16 Wherefore the children of israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between me and the children of israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. [Now before we begin for the naysayers that say the sabbath isn't for them and only for jews read (Galatians 3:29); (Romans 11:17).You've been grafted in and you are Abraham's seed if Christ's Spirit indeed dwells in you. Now that means same God of the children of israel, same laws of the God of the children of israel, and the same promises of the God of the children of israel. Oh and haven't you heard there is no jew or gentile. Now that we've established we serve the same God let's get to the falsehood and root it out. Now the deceived and incognizant will tell you (Colossians 2:16) says the sabbath day that God sanctified [not man] has been abolished and blotted out but that is not a veracious interpretation, it is the false exegesis of satan. Now let's heedfully examine the context of this verse and see what is the actuality of what is being apprised here. Now notice the grammar of (Colossians 2:14) handwriting of ordinances that was against us. Do we have to guess or assume what these ordinances are?, or should we let man fabricated doctrine tell us what they are?, or should we let the set-apart Spirit, God's word, and context tell us? Let's go with the latter, now notice the similitude as we read further in context (Colossians 2:20-22), do you see the connection. This tells us exactly what these ordinances are, these are the commandments of men not God most high. It's telling us not to follow man's contrary ways but to follow Christ. You see how context conveys contexture. Now if you still believe torah was never given to the gentiles and gentiles were never mentioned observing the sabbath that's a falsehood, notice (Isaiah 56:6); (Acts 15:19-21) not only were they mentioned in the old hebrew scriptures [tanakh], but they're also shown given torah commandments [what is sin: transgression of torah] to keep in the new testament. Now you might ask why they were only given those commandments, because they didn't want to lay too heavy of a burden [all torah at once equals heavy burden] on these new believer gentile converts to Christ and they knew that's what the pagans were known to be mostly involved in that transgressed torah. If you read in context (Acts 15:21) they not only knew these new believer gentiles would be observing the sabbath but they knew they would also be learning torah. Also one last thing, as you read at the beginning of this post, God rested and was refreshed which is what he wants for you. Jesus said ( Mark 2:27-28) that the sabbath was made for man [not against man] and the Son of man is Lord of the sabbath. Do you really think a day of rest is against you? It's time you take back what satan has stolen from you and delight in the law of God most high. God bless you.
Fixed my typos now it is without error. God bless you.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Did you know there is more than one Sabbath in the Bible? There is the Sabbath that is part of an eternal covenant and one of the commandments of God that gives us holy time with our Savior on His holy day. Exodus 20:8-11 The other sabbath(s) is an ordinance in the law of Moses, written by Moses and it is about the yearly sabbath(s) feast days that ended with Jesus as our sacrifice. If you read Colossians 2:14-16 in context, it is really easy to know which sabbath(s) it is referring to. God’s weekly Sabbath is not a shadow as it points to Creation “Remember the Sabbath day”. Exodus 20:8-11 Genesis 2:1-3. The weekly Sabbath commandment has nothing to do with food or drink. You are free to believe what you want but getting this right is important. Matthew 5:19

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The Sabbath will continue to be God’s chosen day of worship on the New Heaven and New Earth for eternity Isaiah 66:23 which is not going to be new for the saints who still keep the commandments of God. Revelations 14:12, Revelations 22:14. Hopefully you will consider these scriptures in prayer. God bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your man fabricated doctrine has nothing to stand on against the truth of God's word. There isn't one iota of scripture that states Jesus Christ abolished the sabbath commandment and is now taken the place of the sabbath day [that he said if you love me keep]. That is your fallacious interpretation which is the provenance of satan. God bless you.
I cannot see man's fabricated doctrine in the verses below.

Romans 3:28
For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law (Sabbath).

Romans 4:15
For the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law (Sabbath), there also is no violation.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law (Sabbath) but under grace.

Romans 6:15
What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law (Sabbath) but under grace?

I am not required to obey the law and that is what the apostle taught.

Upvote 0