Jul 9, 2008
✟15,241.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Two years ago my parents sent me to a "Repairative" therapy clinic/camp/in patient center. It was the worst three months of my life. I ran away three times, I tried to kill myself once.

While there were people there who did really want to "change" I don't know how successful anyone was. The theology was pretty bad. Two of my "counselors" were in second marriages, and they could never explain why that was all good despite the fact God said not to do that a couple of times. Or how it was okay to pull a couple of lines out of the Bible and say that's what it means, when I have to read a whole novel in order to understand what that's about.

I did notice a couple of trends among the "ex-gay" speakers though. They all changed once they got older and no one wanted to have random sex with them, so instead of being aging [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] they became all Christian and married women clearly desperate to have kids. This one guy went through the program two years ago and had already had two kids and got married. Doesn't that seem a little forced to anyone?

Also, the "ex-gays" totally would check me out when I would walk around naked.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.