Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The annual March for Life in Washington began in 1974 — and it’s hard to think of a more admirable or consistent public witness to the dignity of the human person being given for so many years by so many people of all races, religions, and social classes. The March has taken place in fair weather and foul. Senior public officials have addressed it; others have assiduously (or contemptuously) ignored it. Over the past decade, the March has grown larger and younger — facts ignored in the anorexic press coverage of what is usually Washington’s largest gathering of citizen-activists. The March for Life is fun, serious, pious and a bit chaotic. For those who participate, it’s a powerful booster shot, re-energizing the marchers and their supporters for another year’s work of building a culture of life in the United States.

This year’s March for Life, the 49th, will be different.

Continued below.
Marching toward a different future

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“Every child matters. Every woman matters. Every person matters." Father Schmitz stated.

WASHINGTON — The popular podcaster and YouTube star Father Mike Schmitz came well-prepared for his speech at the March for Life rally Friday.

“The first speech I ever gave in my entire life was in eighth grade. We got a chance to choose any topic, any argument, any position,” he told a large crowd assembled at the National Mall. “I chose to talk about the dignity of human life from natural conception to natural death and the evil of abortion and euthanasia.”

Continued below.
Father Mike Schmitz Tells Marchers “Every Person Matters”

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speaking to the tens of thousands gathered in Washington, D.C., Father Mike Schmitz said, "I know that we‘re surrounded by men and women who have chosen abortion. Listen, you need to know you’re supposed to be here. You matter, you belong here. No matter what your past is, you are still loved. You need to know this. You are still loved and you still matter.”

Continued below.
March for Life Underway, with Hopes Rising that the Days of ‘Roe’ are Numbered

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well my fiancée and her kids marched, and we had people all over the place and they all corroborated that there was a great turnout. A lot more people than expected (it was rumored that a lot of parishes bailed on the march because of DC's stupid vaccination laws—you have to have a passport to enter any businesses or restaurants), the last number I heard yesterday was about 37,000 despite a permit for 50,000. But our people eyeballing it out there thought maybe it was closer to the expected 50K.

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think there should be another march in May since the Dobbs decision is supposed to be handed down by SCOTUS in June. Another march in a warmer month when more people may show up could really do a lot to influence the court.

Just a thought.

Upvote 0