Evolution's False Doctrines: i.e. Punctuated Equilibrium Etc.

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
This is the first evidence for entirely novel human-specific protein-coding genes originating from ancestrally noncoding sequences. We estimate that 0.075% of human genes may have originated through this mechanism leading to a total expectation of 18 such cases in a genome of 24,000 protein-coding genes.

Doesn't sound too factual to me. Sounds actually like they don't really know anything, but are just spouting nonsense to support their beliefs.....

Now the reality is that they already existed.....

Anyone ever notice that every time they find a mutation it is always beneficial, even when they know almost all mutations are neutral????

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟274,633.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is the first evidence for entirely novel human-specific protein-coding genes originating from ancestrally noncoding sequences. We estimate that 0.075% of human genes may have originated through this mechanism leading to a total expectation of 18 such cases in a genome of 24,000 protein-coding genes.​

Doesn't sound too factual to me. Sounds actually like they don't really know anything, but are just spouting nonsense to support their beliefs.....

To you. Not to anyone who understands what they're reading though.

Anyone ever notice that every time they find a mutation it is always beneficial, even when they know almost all mutations are neutral????

1. This is false. There are literally hundreds of thousands of genetics papers on deleterious mutations and close to a million papers on neutral mutations.
2. Beneficial mutations are the ones that are conserved, because they're the ones that provide fitness advantages. You know, the whole 'survival of the fittest thing'.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Oh I know you read "may have originated" and interpret it as "absolutely"....

1. This is false. There are literally hundreds of thousands of genetics papers on deleterious mutations.
2. Beneficial mutations are the ones that are conserved, because they're the ones that provide fitness advantages. You know, the whole 'survival of the fittest thing'.

As are neutral mutations because they are not harmful and so therefore do not affect fitness either way.

So what you mistake as a change in beneficial mutations are in 98% of the cases merely neutral, indicating your flawed assumption that something must have been added......

Notice people, the attempted strawman to switch my argument from neutral mutations to deleterious ones.....

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Oh I know you read "may have originated" and interpret it as "absolutely"....
Why do you struggle so much with honesty in scientific articles? If the article had said "absolutely" you'd be the first to say "prove it". When a scientist says "may have" what they mean is "this is a reasonable explanation, but we can't ever be 100% certain" so we use appropriate language. The fact that you can only understand absolutes is lamentable.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Why do you struggle so much with honesty in scientific articles? If the article had said "absolutely" you'd be the first to say "prove it". When a scientist says "may have" what they mean is "this is a reasonable explanation, but we can't ever be 100% certain" so we use appropriate language. The fact that you can only understand absolutes is lamentable.

Which conveniently ignores that almost all mutations are neutral. But they base their calculations on the belief that they were all beneficial.......

So the only reasonable assumptions is that their calculations are off by 98%.....

The fact you felt you needed to ignore this part is what is lamentable.....

My conclusion is based upon known science, that almost all mutations are neutral..... Theirs is not....

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Which conveniently ignores that almost all mutations are neutral. But they base their calculations on the belief that they were all beneficial.......

So the only reasonable assumptions is that their calculations are off by 98%.....

The fact you felt you needed to ignore this part is what is lamentable.....

My conclusion is based upon known science, that almost all mutations are neutral..... Theirs is not....
Pfft.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I never said you did.

What I said was that your claim that random mutations can't produce de novo genes was a lie.
Well you sure resorted to the ad hominem fallacy quickly. Often they will refer to coopting proceses as mutations but any more they simply refer to it as variation. A de novo gene is exceedingly rare and mistaking one for a mutation is ridiculous.

I then supported this with multiple studies that provide evidence for mutations producing de novo genes.

Thats not what I seen in the source material, in fact they refer to changes of a single base pair as SNV, or a single mucleotied variat. Avout half the human genome is transposable, brain related genes dont fall in that catagory. Vaiations in such highly conserved genes are invariably deleterious. You get cancer, tunors, Parkinsons muliple Sclerosis and a long list of disease and disorders.

Here's an excerpt from the Schlotterer paper:

"Interestingly, a considerable fraction of these RNAs are also associated with ribosomes, suggesting they are actively translated. Such short peptides form proto genes, which can be subject to selection. Through the acquisition of new mutations, proto genes can grow and result in functional de novo genes"
This is a short RNA stran, its been knownnfor some time RNA sequences can be taken from just about anywhere is the genome. When your talking about brain related genes your talking orders of magnitue greater complexity, especially is they are protien coding. You want to compare that to a short, mildly trasposabke RNA strand.
I don't think it can be made much clearer....

Except that's not what studies argued. Transactional co-option in genes is not just 'simple repeats'. The Besenbacher paper highlights that there are insertions/deletions, transitions, transversions and tandem mutations all in de novo gene production in humans.

So far you havnt shown me a singke human de novo gene. Whats more many of these transpositions are somatic, their not going to be inheritable.

This, along with your line from earlier in the thread - that "The hominid line starts 2 mya without precursors and requires at least 60 de novo genes" - is completely unsupported.

Except that what it says in the abstract and described throughout.
To support that, here's that Wu et al 2011 paper you're so fond of misconstruing:

Our finding of 60 de novo genes, 59 of which are fixed in the human population, suggests that the de novo origin of protein coding genes on the human lineage is not a rare event. Since the chimpanzees and humans shared a common ancestor ∼5–6 million years ago, this indicates that the rate of origin of de novo genes is ∼9.83–11.8 genes per million years, an estimate that is much higher than previously reported.​

Where does that 2mya figure come from, by the way?

Paleontology, the fossles average between 400cc and 500cc untill 2 mya. Around that time Homo erectus arives on the scene with nearly human proportions. Thats wrre I get the 2 mya figure.

Even some of the papers the Wu study references (in this case Knowles and McLysaght A, 2009) indicate there are genetic precursors to de novo genes:

This is the first evidence for entirely novel human-specific protein-coding genes originating from ancestrally noncoding sequences. We estimate that 0.075% of human genes may have originated through this mechanism leading to a total expectation of 18 such cases in a genome of 24,000 protein-coding genes.​

Thats .075% for a reason, its exceedingly rare.
To support my case further, here's yet another paper - on de novo genes nonetheless - showing that there ARE precursors present in hominidae de novo gens prior to fixation.

De Novo Genes Arise at a Slow but Steady Rate along the Primate Lineage and Have Been Subject to Incomplete Lineage Sorting

Here, we describe a rigorous search for cases of de novo gene origination in the great apes. We analyzed annotated proteomes as well as full genomic DNA and transcriptional and translational evidence. It is notable that results vary between database updates due to the fluctuating annotation of these genes. Nonetheless we identified 35 de novo genes: 16 human-specific; 5 human and chimpanzee specific; and 14 that originated prior to the divergence of human, chimpanzee, and gorilla and are found in all three genomes. The taxonomically restricted distribution of these genes cannot be explained by loss in other lineages. Each gene is supported by an open reading frame-creating mutation that occurred within the primate lineage, and which is not polymorphic in any species. Similarly to previous studies we find that the de novo genes identified are short and frequently located near pre-existing genes. Also, they may be associated with Alu elements and prior transcription and RNA-splicing at the locus. Additionally, we report the first case of apparent independent lineage sorting of a de novo gene. The gene is present in human and gorilla, whereas chimpanzee has the ancestral noncoding sequence. This indicates a long period of polymorphism prior to fixation and thus supports a model where de novo genes may, at least initially, have a neutral effect on fitness..​

It's like I say "Look, water" and you reply "Where?", all while standing knee deep in a puddle.

No and I've had this discussion repeatedly. The last time the key factor were transcritones. Ok, they find a disfuntional protien coding gene in chinpazee and a functional one in humans. All this tell ne is that chimpazees have a similar gene with a broken reading frame.

You know this is all anecdotal and speculative. Darwinians have always argued nutations plus selection but never really prove it except in rare isolated instances. When you equivocte any variation, especially an RNA sequence that has no chance of being inheritable, you grasping at straws

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You know this is all anecdotal and speculative. Darwinians have always argued nutations plus selection but never really prove it except in rare isolated instances. When you equivocte any variation, especially an RNA sequence that has no chance of being inheritable, you grasping at straws

Anything to save a sinking ship.....

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Anything to save a sinking ship.....
You dont know how many of these arguments Ive argued into the stoneage only to have them dusappear. My favorite was ERVs, they all do a victory dance like you after begging the question of proof in their hands and knees. Apparently they believe 8% of the human genome is the result of rare germline mutations, a million base pairs wirth added to the chimpanzee since the split. There are also the SARGAP genes thought to have beeb duplicated like 4 times. Then HAR1f, 119 nucleotides lond with 2 substitutions allowed over 400 milion years the 2 million years ago it allows 18 in the human lineage. Theres a long list here including the 60 de bovo genes that simple dont exist in the chimpazee genome, thus must have all originated in the hominid line. So many of them are brain related the only way to tell where they had to occure is paleontology. Turkana boy and Lucy are voth knuckle dragging apes. They are comperable to all the Austropithicus skulls. For a nillion years the only transitional is paranthropus who is probavle an early gorrila. Then the hominid brain doubles over night and you believe its due to mutaions, worst possible wrong answer.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You dont know how many of these arguments Ive argued into the stoneage only to have them dusappear. My favorite was ERVs, they all do a victory dance like you after begging the question of proof in their hands and knees. Apparently they believe 8% of the human genome is the result of rare germline mutations, a million base pairs wirth added to the chimpanzee since the split. There are also the SARGAP genes thought to have beeb duplicated like 4 times. Then HAR1f, 119 nucleotides lond with 2 substitutions allowed over 400 milion years the 2 million years ago it allows 18 in the human lineage. Theres a long list here including the 60 de bovo genes that simple dont exist in the chimpazee genome, thus must have all originated in the hominid line. So many of them are brain related the only way to tell where they had to occure is paleontology. Turkana boy and Lucy are voth knuckle dragging apes. They are comperable to all the Austropithicus skulls. For a nillion years the only transitional is paranthropus who is probavle an early gorrila. Then the hominid brain doubles over night and you believe its due to mutaions, worst possible wrong answer.

Apparently you mistook my answer. so let me explain more.

They will do anything to save a sinking ship (evolutionists).

I understand you are used to attacks, but I was supporting you as I have in several other posts. As I recall the only objection I have ever presented against your posts was the use of the word evolution as having been observed (you meant micro) but not all can make that distinction. Adaptation and variation is observed, not evolution.....

Hence if you would have read my above post:

"So what you mistake as a change in beneficial mutations are in 98% of the cases merely neutral, indicating your flawed assumption that something must have been added......

Notice people, the attempted strawman to switch my argument from neutral mutations to deleterious ones....."

All their presuppositions are based upon mutations having a beneficial effect, yet almost all mutations are neutral. So even assuming the number of mutations they claim having occurred, one can logically assume that almost all of them actually had no effect. That what they are seeing were already differences between human and ape, with the mutations having no effect one way or another (hence neutral).

Their conclusions are not based upon any facts whatsoever. They see mutations and automatically come to the conclusion that it had to be beneficial and make a change. When as noted, even they admit that almost all mutations are neutral and have no net effect. But this isn't the way they present it. The only logical conclusion is that almost all of these mutations they see were neutral, not having any effect, leading them to the wrong conclusion as they assume all had an effect.

And do you know what the only response they could come up with was?

"Pfft"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Apparently you mistook my answer. so let me explain more.

They will do anything to save a sinking ship (evolutionists).

I understand you are used to attacks, but I was supporting you as I have in several other posts. As I recall the only objection I have ever presented against your posts was the use of the word evolution as having been observed (you meant micro) but not all can make that distinction. Adaptation and variation is observed, not evolution.....

Hence if you would have read my above post:

"So what you mistake as a change in beneficial mutations are in 98% of the cases merely neutral, indicating your flawed assumption that something must have been added......

Notice people, the attempted strawman to switch my argument from neutral mutations to deleterious ones....."

All their presuppositions are based upon mutations having a beneficial effect, yet almost all mutations are neutral. So even assuming the number of mutations they claim having occurred, one can logically assume that almost all of them actually had no effect. That what they are seeing were already differences between human and ape, with the mutations having no effect one way or another (hence neutral).

Their conclusions are not based upon any facts whatsoever. They see mutations and automatically come to the conclusion that it had to be beneficial and make a change. When as noted, even they admit that almost all mutations are neutral and have no net effect. But this isn't the way they present it. The only logical conclusion is that almost all of these mutations they see were neutral, not having any effect, leading them to the wrong conclusion as they assume all had an effect.

"Pfft"
Right, cmpletely musundefstoof your intent thetr. Mutations have devastating effects, especially on protien coding genes. When the Human Genome project set up its website itbhad a chronosome browser. You could click on any chromosome and it would give you a long list of diseases and disorders. They are getting away from calling any change a mutation except in comparative studies. Now they just call them varients. Explanations for adaotive evolution do not require mutation, in fact they are over welmnigly dangerous.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

"Pfft"
When somebody posts falsehoods again and again after being shown their error, I think "pfft" is a pretty fair response.

We all know you don't listen to what others say, so there really is no point reposting rebuttals which just bounce off your ignorance.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

1. This is false. There are literally hundreds of thousands of genetics papers on deleterious mutations and close to a million papers on neutral mutations.
What you present cannot be proved applicable to the past.

You can only claim such.

It is the fossil record that speaks of what happened to life in the past.

And the fossil record does not show evolution ever happened. Not even once. No fossils showing one creature changed into another creature.

Look at the paleontology and evolutionary publications and all you will find are illustrations of macro-assemblages: fossils assembled as if one came from the other.

May I say what I academically learned: "Teach, where are the fossils between the ones you list"

So, have you grasp the relevance of lack of foundational evidence for evolution? The evidence does not exist. Evolution is based on conjecture. Evolution requires belief in order to accept.

Many try to pull modern biology out of the hat to prove what happened in the past. That does not fly.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When somebody posts falsehoods again and again after being shown their error, I think "pfft" is a pretty fair response.

We all know you don't listen to what others say, so there really is no point reposting rebuttals which just bounce off your ignorance.
As Justa has stated many times, and others on CF have agreed: all we see from fossils are different creatures and Kinds with variation.

Once a creature exist, it does not change, only variations of that creature (Kind) are found in the rock record.

Why do you reply as Justa is the target, of a negative post? Ad hominem? It appears.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
As Justa has stated many times, and others on CF have agreed: all we see from fossils are different creatures and Kinds with variation.

Once a creature exist, it does not change, only variations of that creature (Kind) are found in the rock record.

Why do you reply as Justa is the target, of a negative post? Ad hominem? It appears.
Well, looks like somebody didn't read Justa's post or mine.

Par for the course.

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you present well how those who promote evolution happened are ones who have to present illusive details of how evolution has happened in the past.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, you present well how those who promote evolution happened are ones who have to present illusive details of how evolution has happened in the past.
For me this whole subject is upside dowm and backwards. I believe in an accelerated version of adaptive evolution that can happen in a few generations. Think about it, 4000 years ago every ancestor for reptiles, birds and mammals emergeged from the Ark. From that relatively small number of living creatures we get all the diversity we see today. Now logistics aside, that sounds like a lot of adaptive evolution fwithout the endless backing up of Darwinism. All the way back to the DNA or RNA first chicken and egg scenerios. My theory is they had much larger gene pools and nearly pristine genomes, the adaptive radiation would have been epic. But for some reason people think creationists are antievolution, when I just have a much shorter time line and a different starting point.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The amount of doctrines that state how evolution works and occurred is the topic of this thread.

This includes nested hierarchy and the like.

I see that you do not actually understand the difference between a "doctrine" and an observation/expectation.

You need a new hobby - pretending to be educated in science is not going so well for you.

• Agree
Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Right, cmpletely musundefstoof your intent thetr. Mutations have devastating effects, especially on protien coding genes.
They do?

All of them?

Evidence, please.
When the Human Genome project set up its website itbhad a chronosome browser. You could click on any chromosome and it would give you a long list of diseases and disorders. They are getting away from calling any change a mutation except in comparative studies. Now they just call them varients. Explanations for adaotive evolution do not require mutation, in fact they are over welmnigly dangerous.
Lots of unsupported assertions, as usual.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I believe in an accelerated version of adaptive evolution that can happen in a few generations.
Then surely you can provide the mechanism?
Think about it, 4000 years ago every ancestor for reptiles, birds and mammals emergeged from the Ark.
Begging the question fallacy.
My theory is they had much larger gene pools and nearly pristine genomes, the adaptive radiation would have been epic. But for some reason people think creationists are antievolution, when I just have a much shorter time line and a different starting point.
And no proposed mechanism. And no evidence. And contrary evidence.

Speculations and brainstorms are great, providing they lead somewhere.

Upvote 0