• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evolution, why so many believe?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Criosdaidhlaoch, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GREG

GREG Big Ol' Bully

+12
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican
    MOD is in the HOUSE....... lets stop attcking and you know who you are. Please stop the finger pointing

2. troodon

troodon Be wise and be smart

+51
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    [​IMG]

3. wblastyn

wblastyn Jedi Master

+105
    Agnostic
    Single
    No, I'm annoyed that you're yet another Creationist giving Christianity a bad name with your ignorance. You don't even know WHAT evolution is and yet here you are telling us it's false.

Er I think you are the troll here, not Jet Black, who in fact contributes a lot to the forums.

4. Vintersorg

Vintersorg New Member

+0
    Dear Lord..you can see by looking at everyone in this forum that people like to debait issues that are not proven. The only good thing about debating is that its fun..thats it. It doesent make us a better human being and in most cases it doesent change our minds about things.

I will make a bet. If anyone can prove the existance of God to me I will join the chruch, give up all my posessions and live a life of serving others. But seeing that no one will every prove that, its a paradox. religion is a crutch. People need something to believe in or they think their life is meaningless.

5. wblastyn

wblastyn Jedi Master

+105
    Agnostic
    Single
    LOL, Everquest!!

6. Steve_Graham

Steve_Graham New Member

+0
    It's a lie because the bible (God's word to man) reads that the earth and all things in it were created in 6 days. He then created man of his own image and so forth. So there, if you believe in the God of the Bible, then you know evolution is a lie from satan.

7. wblastyn

wblastyn Jedi Master

+105
    Agnostic
    Single
    We believein God throuh faith and personal experience, it isn't something we can "prove" to you. Science cannot touch the supernatural, so it's perfectly valid to believe in God through faith.

8. wblastyn

wblastyn Jedi Master

+105
    Agnostic
    Single
    The Bible says a lot of things, it doesn't mean it is all literal.

Do you also believe in magical fire breathing sea serpents, flat earth, that "all the world" was taxed by the Romans, etc?

9. Jet Black

Jet Black Guest

+0
    rather off topic....

10. troodon

+51
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    So God is a physical entity?

I believe in the God of the Bible and I know evolution is sound science whereas young earth creationism is a social disease that feeds off of peoples' scientific illiteracy.

11. GREG

GREG Big Ol' Bully

+12
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican
    2nd time

Rule No. 2 - No "Trolling"

2) You will not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this forum. This will include any new user with less than 50 posts starting a "discretional" topic - i.e. a topic not suitable for children. This will also include posts that put down Christianity in general or any posts considered as blasphemy by staff (this is a CHRISTIAN FORUMS site), or posts that put down another Christian group or denomination. This includes links to websites in profiles and signatures. You will not post new threads for the sole purpose of soliciting requests for prophecies.

12. Jet Black

Jet Black Guest

+0
    I thought everything was created in a day though.... have you read Genesis 2?

13. Steve_Graham

Steve_Graham New Member

+0
    Then you are not a true Christian who believes in the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.

14. Arikay

Arikay HI

+175
    Taoist
    Maybe that was not ment to be taken literally.

Satan is one powerfull man. Evolution comes from lots of evidence, evidence that must have been created. Apparently, satan can now create things, satan is god.

15. GREG

GREG Big Ol' Bully

+12
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican
    Rule No. 1 - No "Flaming"

1) You will not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest. You may discuss another member's beliefs but there will be no personal attacks on the member himself or herself. This includes implied accusations that another member is not a Christian.

16. troodon

+51
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Ouch, and with a MOD in the house... :(

17. Pete Harcoff

Pete Harcoff PeteAce - In memory of WinAce

+62
    Other Religion
    You should read up on the history of evolution. The theory of evolution arose becaue of the evidence, not in spite of it. In fact, what you are describing is creationism, not evolution.

Reproduction, mutation, selection, genetic drift, etc... nope, no way at all.

Except they do have genetic coding in their DNA inherited from their ancestors.

Good. Because that would be a blow to evolutionary theory if it did.

There is. Mutation of the DNA that occurs during reproduction.

Mutation modifies the genetic code (either by adding, changing or removing DNA). Whether those mutations are functional or constructive is a result of the environment.

You seem to be confusing adaption (via reproduction and selection) and acclimatization.

Adaptations don't cause evolution. They are the result of evolution.

See above.

Here are some other examples. And some others.

Then you need to look harder. Check the links above.

See links.

Strawman argument. Nobody believes breast cancer turns amoebas into whales.

18. GREG

GREG Big Ol' Bully

+12
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican
    Last chance or this room is closed.......

19. Arikay

Arikay HI

+175
    Taoist
    I think you should go read the rules, as unless they have changed, its against the rules to attack another christians beliefs and call them non christian.

20. Steve_Graham

Steve_Graham New Member

+0
    Yes the bible is to be taken literal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.