Evolution, why so many believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jet Black

Criosdaidhlaoch said:
Uh notice what it says there? The strongest, the bacteria already immune to the antibiotic survive. That doesn't mean jack for evolution, thats natural selection. That Robot Wars show on the comedy channel is as much support for evolution as antibiotic immunity is.
and how do you suppose the bacteria gains the ability to do something which would otherwise destroy it's metabolism? for example vancomycin resistance.

Upvote 0
Here is a good way to look at it. Why argue endlessly? No one will prove or disprove anything about religion. Its merly based on blind faith. So my question is Why believe in God? Some people say because it bring them happiness, other because they say the "know" God is real. But whats happiness, its merly a perception, because at any time someone could just walk up to you and end your life, and that sux. If you say you know god is real, then come over to my house and i will show you all the answers, of course you have to agree that your family wont press charges when i send you into Death.

Death is the most important function in our society and so is birth. But why would you want to bring somebody into the world if all thats going to happen is they are going to eventually die. If they were never born, they would have never known. So everytime you give birth to a baby you are signing its death warrent.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Criosdaidhlaoch said:
Steve he's actually just another athiest with a stick up his rearend to be blunt about it. Theres always at least 3 at every christian message board. He probably couldn't get the little church going girl to go out with him or something of that nature and believe it or not there are sad little people with no life out there than can devote themself to a cause over being rejected. It wouldn't be the first time.
pathetic ad hominem. are you going theough all the logical fallacies for me.

oh by the way, your attitude is hardly "christian" I think you are an atheist trying to make christians look bad.

Upvote 0
If you know why don't you spill the beans lol. Are you saying that this bacterias genetic code is changed when it becomes immune to antibiotics? You do know if a human drinks tiny ammounts of poison enough they can develop an immunity to it. Are you saying the DNA of that human is changed when he/she develops that immunity?

have the guts to answer the question please.

Upvote 0

troodon

Be wise and be smart
Dec 16, 2002
University of Iowa
Visit site
✟17,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Criosdaidhlaoch said:
Steve he's actually just another athiest with a stick up his rearend to be blunt about it. Theres always at least 3 at every christian message board. He probably couldn't get the little church going girl to go out with him or something of that nature and believe it or not there are sad little people with no life out there than can devote themself to a cause over being rejected. It wouldn't be the first time.

Then again theres always people who just need attention for the sake of needing attention.
Violation of forum rule #1; thanks for visiting!

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Vintersorg said:
Here is a good way to look at it. Why argue endlessly? No one will prove or disprove anything about religion. Its merly based on blind faith. So my question is Why believe in God? Some people say because it bring them happiness, other because they say the "know" God is real. But whats happiness, its merly a perception, because at any time someone could just walk up to you and end your life, and that sux. If you say you know god is real, then come over to my house and i will show you all the answers, of course you have to agree that your family wont press charges when i send you into Death.
I haven't been discussing God though, I have been discussing evolution.

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Criosdaidhlaoch said:
Ok here goes pumpkin, put your learning hat on:

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/795_antibio.html

"When a person takes an antibiotic, the drug kills the defenseless bacteria, leaving behind--or "selecting," in biological terms--those that can resist it"

Uh notice what it says there? The strongest, the bacteria already immune to the antibiotic survive. That doesn't mean jack for evolution, thats natural selection. That Robot Wars show on the comedy channel is as much support for evolution as antibiotic immunity is.
How do you think they were able to resist the antibiotic? It comes from a mutation. Natural Selection then selects for the bacteria with the antibiotic resistance because it allows them to survive and reproduce.

"The antibiotic does not technically cause the resistance, but allows it to happen by creating a situation where an already existing variant can flourish"

Uh exaclty. I'm 6'3', 265 lbs. Its a pretty safe assumption that I'm bigger than you. If me and you are the only people in a room, then a burglar who's bigger than you breaks in and kills you, but can't kill me, guess who's going to be left? ME.
So Natural Selection selected for you.

Thats not evolution slick. ;)
Er, yes it is.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Criosdaidhlaoch said:
If you know why don't you spill the beans lol. Are you saying that this bacterias genetic code is changed when it becomes immune to antibiotics? You do know if a human drinks tiny ammounts of poison enough they can develop an immunity to it. Are you saying the DNA of that human is changed when he/she develops that immunity?

have the guts to answer the question please.
it is mutations that cause vancomycin resistance. it is mutations that cause other antibiotic resistance, it is mutations that allow bacteria to digenst nylon, it is mutations that stop HIV from attacking some humans, it is mutations my friend, mutations.

Upvote 0
"oh by the way, your attitude is hardly "christian" I think you are an atheist trying to make christians look bad."

RED FLAG. Oh so you're upset that I'm not the typical Christian who wastes all my posts on telling you how special you are and how I love you and how Jesus loves you?

Oh look, its another troll who buzzes around teh Christian message boards because he thinks he won't get any resistance from a bunch of "nice people".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
LOL

Im more that sure of it now.

Hello trolls :) :D
DNFTT

Criosdaidhlaoch said:

Then again theres always people who just need attention for the sake of needing attention.

Upvote 0
Jet Black said:
sorry, what does evolution have to do with satan? are you going to tell me that evolution is atheistic?
Evolution is a lie by Satan. Satan wants people to believe that the human race came about by some other means other than by God Almighty--Jesus. When Jesus fasted for 40 days he was tempted by Satan. Jesus did not argue with him but rather feed him scripture. Satan comes in all forms. He came as a serpent to Adam and Eve, but he comes in any form to deceive. He'll do anything to get someone off course of the real truth.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Criosdaidhlaoch said:

I'm asking you. I am pretending that your knowledge of the theory of evolution and biology in general outweighs my knowledge. Therefore, I would like to know why some bacteria are resistant to antibiotics and some are not. Can you explain to me why this is?

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Criosdaidhlaoch said:

What gets me is the immense ignorance of creationists who come on here posting their stupid ideas thinking they have falsified evolution. If Scientific Theories could be falsified as easily as that everyone would have a Nobel Prize.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Criosdaidhlaoch said:
RED FLAG. Oh so you're upset that I'm not the typical Christian who wastes all my posts on telling you how special you are and how I love you and how Jesus loves you?
no, but do you really see Jesus doing what you do? making insults about girlfriends etc?
Oh look, its another troll who buzzes around teh Christian message boards because he thinks he won't get any resistance from a bunch of "nice people".
err no. heh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
J

Jet Black

Steve_Graham said:
Evolution is a lie by Satan. Satan wants people to believe that the human race came about by some other means other than by God Almighty--Jesus. When Jesus fasted for 40 days he was tempted by Satan. Jesus did not argue with him but rather feed him scripture. Satan comes in all forms. He came as a serpent to Adam and Eve, but he comes in any form to deceive. He'll do anything to get someone off course of the real truth.
in what way is evolution a lie? in what way does evolution say that God did not create us?

Upvote 0

troodon

Be wise and be smart
Dec 16, 2002
University of Iowa
Visit site
✟17,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Criosdaidhlaoch said:
If your definition of a "nice person" is someone who respects the beliefs of others and tries to actually address the evidence provided in the thread. So, are you gunna tell me which of those are birds and which are dinosaurs or what? Post #57, check it.

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Steve_Graham said:
I believe God created life via Evolution. I think it makes God much more awesome in that he uses natural laws to work rather than zapping everything into existance like a magical sky fairy.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

TROLL ALERT

Attachments

• troll.jpg
    troll.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
"Art Weingartner: I want to kill everyone, Satan is good, Satan is our pal."

:D :D

Steve_Graham said:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.