✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It takes a man and woman to reproduce.

How exactly can a homosexual couple reproduce?
Seriously? I have a lesbian friend with a biological son. And she has never had sex with a man.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Yep.

There seems to be a lot you're unaware of regarding both homosexuality AND evolution.

Farmers know about the "dud stud" phenomenon: male farm animals who show no interest in mating with females, but great interest in mounting other males, about 11%, I believe. This corresponds to the infamous Kinsey statistic of 10%.

Mynahs in the wild, who mate for life, frequently form same-sex pairs. I admit this could be a survival strategy rather than homoemotional bonding.

… and bonobos are all over each other. They just don't care who they 'mate' with.;)
OB

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's also a possibility that homosexuality isn't a genetic trait, but a developmental one.

There is a statistical connection between the number of older maternal brothers you have and the chances of being homosexual.

This could still be a genetic trait that makes women especially fertile, and sometimes makes men homosexual. But it could be a consequence of the hormonal changes that women go through multiple pregnancies.

Most recognise it as both. But my wife knew of gay toddlers. After decades around children, some stand out as different.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Most recognise it as both. But my wife knew of gay toddlers. After decades around children, some stand out as different.
I've seen it, I have a friend who has acted like a gay stereotype since he was 5. (Certainly didn't learn the demeanor from his country town cop father.)

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
Which proves my point, they do not reproduce.
Many species have a large majority of individuals that cannot reproduce (e.g. hive insects). There are good evolutionary explanations for this (e.g. consider the 'selfish' gene).

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've seen it, I have a friend who has acted like a gay stereotype since he was 5. (Certainly didn't learn the demeanor from his country town cop father.)

It can be learned. Just as thousands of gay men take wives and have families....until they finally leave them. It's not healthy to wish gays to "play family" just for the few who refuse to believe gays exist by nature. Every gay man I know came from such a fake marriage.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
It can be learned. Just as thousands of gay men take wives and have families....until they finally leave them. It's not healthy to wish gays to "play family" just for the few who refuse to believe gays exist by nature. Every gay man I know came from such a fake marriage.
Fair. I'll agree there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Are gay people mutants?
God didn't create mutants.
Right... God just sat back and watched it unfold.

And then He wiped everyone out - such compassion. And your Hero even ordered the murder of children and the unborn because their parents no longer worshipped Him - how ISIS-like of Him! You must be so proud of your chosen deity...

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
That's interesting. I'm convinced more and more that a gay lifestyle and the urges that come along with it are the result of little boys' and girls' confusion at a certain age about their identities and events of abuse and mistreatment then.
There's no evidence for that but hey, you do you.

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chuckpeterson

Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
texas
✟134,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The two (2) humans you see below are living today, side by side.

One did not evolve into the other.

Evolution is not what caused the two totally diverse development but rather help from an outside source; in my view of things; how about you?

astronaut.jpg
tribe.jpg

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
The two (2) humans you see below are living today, side by side.

One did not evolve into the other.

Evolution is not what caused the two totally diverse development but rather help from an outside source; in my view of things; how about you?

View attachment 254189 View attachment 254190

... why should they evolve into something other than what they are?
Even if you're talking about technological ability, that's very much a nonsequiter and is quite pointless, and has nothing to do with anything.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

chuckpeterson

Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
texas
✟134,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Even if you're talking about technological ability, that's very much a nonsequiter and is quite pointless, and has nothing to do with anything.

I believe this discussion is about proving/disproving evolution or is it creationism?

For those who believe in evolution they must first answer this question---
If humans evolved from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys living in the trees today while we are building skyscrapers instead?
:)-

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I believe this discussion is about proving/disproving evolution or is it creationism?

For those who believe in evolution they must first answer this question---
If humans evolved from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys living in the trees today while we are building skyscrapers instead?
:)-

... really? That's your argument? That's like asking why are there still Britons if America exists.

• Agree
Upvote 0

chuckpeterson

Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
texas
✟134,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
... really? That's your argument? That's like asking why are there still Britons if America exists.

First I must thank you for your contribution in this discussion and having said that----

Are you saying that the Britons remained monkeys while we in America have evolved into human beings even though they kinda, sorta look alike?

Upvote 0