Wales
✟350,328.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
First I must thank you for your contribution in this discussion and having said that----

Are you saying that the Britons remained monkeys while we in America have evolved into human beings even though they kinda, sorta look alike?

No, I'm pointing out that it's a ridiculous argument that comes from a ridiculous place. Nowhere in the theory of evolution is it said that if Population B evolves from Population A, then Population A MUST die out. Nowhere.

If anyone makes the claim of "why are there still monkeys if people evolved from monkeys", then they clearly know nothing about what the theory of evolution says.

Upvote 0

chuckpeterson

Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
texas
✟134,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
... really? That's your argument?

Personally; I must admit that I am an evolutionist and not a creationist; if, and only if I must choose between one or the other.

Having said that, one can believe in both and still be right without any conflict.

If push came to shove, that is the category I would fall in.

Still, I like debates & debating makes the day fly by which is a whole lot better than being a bug stuck in a rug.

Warden_of_the_Storm , I have enjoyed our back and forth but having given myself away I have lost my excuse for being here.

see you on the other side :)-

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,328.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Personally; I must admit that I am an evolutionist and not a creationist; if, and only if I must choose between one or the other.

Having said that, one can believe in both and still be right without any conflict.

If push came to shove, that is the category I would fall in.

Still, I like debates & debating makes the day fly by which is a whole lot better than being a bug stuck in a rug.

Warden_of_the_Storm , I have enjoyed our back and forth but having given myself away I have lost my excuse for being here.

see you on the other side :)-

You haven't given anything away, since your claims are still strange and unanswered.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It takes a man and woman to reproduce.

How exactly can a homosexual couple reproduce?

My cousin has two boys with her partner. They are in college now. Her and her wife were both inseminated at a clinic. The doctors and the clinic are the same ones all couples or individuals use for fertility issues. The boys are half brothers. They are very bright and curious students.

Last edited:
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

NicolaBart

PhD in Wumbology
Apr 11, 2019
Ontario
✟8,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I believe this discussion is about proving/disproving evolution or is it creationism?

For those who believe in evolution they must first answer this question---
If humans evolved from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys living in the trees today while we are building skyscrapers instead?
:)-
We did not evolve from the monkeys you see today - this is a misconception. In reality, humans share a common ancestor with the likes of chimps, orangutans and other primates. It's no different from saying "how can I exist if my cousins still exist?".

Perhaps it's time to learn a bit more before believing in something ;)

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Homosexuality disproves evolution.
Evolution is about adapting to survive and reproduce.
Homosexuality does not reproduce.
Therefore homosexuality falsifies evolution.

Some studies of siblings of gays show they have higher children, so like many genetic things there is no one effect without another, the thing that makes gay men more attracted to other men, might have a simular effect in woman and make them desire children more and such.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting.

But is homosexuality necessary for such an improvement to the population?

Does evolution produce what is unnecessary?

Evolution produces what is unescary all the time, they might through luck become part of the population if something with that trait some how produces enough offspring, many survival traits that are beneficial are unesscary till needed, bacterial antibiotic resistance to a drug it would never run into in the wild isn't nescary till it encounters it.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe this discussion is about proving/disproving evolution or is it creationism?

If humans evolved from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys living in the trees today while we are building skyscrapers instead?

preach it brother, just as I know europeans are a lie from Satan, after all if many of us descended from europeans how come there is still europeans!.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
preach it brother, just as I know europeans are a lie from Satan, after all if many of us descended from europeans how come there is still europeans!.
That's like asking why are there still cars if trucks are descended from cars? I wonder if our resident expert on self-replicating mechanical objects could offer us some insights?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's like asking why are there still cars if trucks are descended from cars? I wonder if our resident expert on self-replicating mechanical objects could offer us some insights?

hehe maybe, I just really hate that argument, because so many examples in real life of why it's dumb :> Don't even have to point to evolution.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Perhaps, but they do help their close relatives raise children, meaning that those relatives are able to produce more children than their associates that do not have gay uncles and aunts helping take care of the kids.

Upvote 0

chuckpeterson

Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
texas
✟134,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps, but they do help their close relatives raise children

What is this word “gay” all about?
Just because you have a friend who has the same gender as you
Does this make you two (2) gay?
Liking the company of another is not a sinful act
You can have a companion, a buddy, a pal, a friend, and gay is not one of them

Love your neighbor is not gender make
nor is it a sin'

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
There are at least two ways in which homosexuality could be favored by evolution:
  • It could be a secondary effect of a mutation that also has favorable consequences. E.g. sickle cell anemia is bad, but it's an effect of a mutation that also protects to some extent against malaria.
  • It could be that populations with some people who aren't parents have an advantage. They might be free to carry out other roles, e.g. Remember that evolution occurs to populations, not individuals. Of course if it's the result of a single, dominant gene, it's hard to see how it could survive. But there are many other possibilities.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What is this word “gay” all about?
Just because you have a friend who has the same gender as you
Does this make you two (2) gay?
Liking the company of another is not a sinful act
You can have a companion, a buddy, a pal, a friend, and gay is not one of them

Love your neighbor is not gender make
nor is it a sin'

No offense, but you seem incredibly naive about this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others

:doh:PRATT

The answer is because not all monkeys evolved into humans, only some of them did.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,533.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I wasn't aware there were homosexual animals.
That would help to explain your ill-informed opening post. I would encourage you to investigate the matter with a more open mind to avoid such errors in future. Sincere questions rather than egregious assertions could move you in the right direction.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
See Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia. Read the caveats, however. There are some difficulties comparing. For example, in principle human mate for life. Many animals don't, so they may have multiple sexual partners. Sometimes some are male and others female. However there are certainly animals that are exclusively homosexual. In zoos, homosexual pairs have fostered children a few times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brocke

Supreme Ruler of Universe
Mar 13, 2014
Illinois
✟12,410.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single

Premises do not lead from one to the other. You're argument therefore is not valid.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Another thing that disproves evolution - the human eye. The only way that humans at any stage of development from single cell microbes is once they became humanoid they needed to have sight, but if the human eye evolved along with the species, then for thousand if not millions of years they would have been blind until the human eye had reached completion. And natural selection would have wiped the species out if the dinosaurs received their sight before partly formed humans, though having a simpler eye structure that evolved more quickly; because they dinosaurs would have seen blind humanoids as "lunch!"

Upvote 0