Evolution Denies - Please Refute this

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Not all claims are equal. I think people of a sound mind would know the difference.

People of sound mind understand that using logical fallacies is not a legitimate way of discussing a topic. The burden of proof is on you to prove your claims, not me.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People of sound mind understand that using logical fallacies is not a legitimate way of discussing a topic. The burden of proof is on you to prove your claims, not me.
People of sound mind realize God's word is not anything like that. They also realize it impacted history and had basis, unlike your bunny.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So when pressed to describe a fulfilled prophecy you refuse to. Go figure.
None are unfulfilled, that are not in the future and those will be. Most already are a done deal. To pretend we need one is ignorant and dishonest.

We should ask ourselves what spirit obsessively seeks to cast doubt on the already tried and tested and proven word of God?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
None are unfulfilled, that are not in the future and those will be. Most already are a done deal. To pretend we need one is ignorant and dishonest.

And yet you can not show me a single one that has been fulfilled in a way that requires the supernatural.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

We should ask ourselves what spirit obsessively seeks to cast doubt on the already tried and tested and proven word of God?

Maybe we should ask ourselves what spirit obsessively seeks to make the tested and proven word of God look foolish by making ridiculous claims about what it says?

Hmmmm.......... I wonder who....
Dana Carvey Church Lady - YouTube

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And yet you can not show me a single one that has been fulfilled in a way that requires the supernatural.

You are in no position to perceive what spiritual forces were involved and how. The birth of Christ in Bethlehem involved many things coming together all of which were orchestrated by the Great Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lol, well, debatable as that is, it would hardly qualify you as special. No, I was thinking of a different meaning of 'special'.
Right, I think that was obviious. The wisdom of God is foolishness to the world. A real side splitter.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe we should ask ourselves what spirit obsessively seeks to make the tested and proven word of God look foolish by making ridiculous claims about what it says? ..
I would say the virgin birth, and creation week, and the flood are all pretty basic stuff. If anyone thinks what Jesus said was foolish, that is not my problem.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Come on now dad, you know that is not true.

There are several failed prophecies I can mention without even trying.

Of course there is the Tyre prophesy. Supposedly the city was to be obliterated forever and it still exist and is healthy today. The king who the prophesy was aimed at has been dead for over 2,000 years.

Just about any prophecy involving Israel's old rival Egypt has failed.

The Nile has not dried up,Ezekiel 30:12. Egypt has not been destroyed Ezekiel 30: 11-12. Isaiah did not do much better. He too predicted that the Nile would dry up Isaiah 19 1-8 and that the sea would dry. There are of course others but those will do for now.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Come on now dad, you know that is not true.

There are several failed prophecies I can mention without even trying.

Of course there is the Tyre prophesy. Supposedly the city was to be obliterated forever and it still exist and is healthy today. The king who the prophesy was aimed at has been dead for over 2,000 years.

Ezekiel foretold the destruction of Tyre

Gong!

Just about any prophecy involving Israel's old rival Egypt has failed.

The Nile has not dried up,Ezekiel 30:12. Egypt has not been destroyed Ezekiel 30: 11-12. Isaiah did not do much better. He too predicted that the Nile would dry up Isaiah 19 1-8 and that the sea would dry. There are of course others but those will do for now.

Is Christ Soon To Return: Egypt in Bible Prophecy - Part Two

Not all prophesies have complete final fulfillment yet. Of course. Many have had a good taste of things too come though!

The prophesies fulfilled, then, refer to prophesies already fulfilled. Such as the Captivity, the destruction of Jerusalem, Messiah's birth and death, etc etc etc.

Upvote 0

ThouShaltNotPoe

Learn whatever I can.
Mar 10, 2013
U.S.
✟441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The wisdom of God is foolishness to the world.

And the Apostle Paul made clear that that foolishness that he was writing about it is that which accompanies THE CROSS OF JESUS CHRIST.

He wasn't talking about the FOOLISHNESS OF FOOLISH PEOPLE who come up with absurd traditions and craziness which are COMPLETELY FOREIGN TO THE BIBLE and then try to attribute it to God. That is something else entirely.

Christ-followers are called to be "fools for Christ" by identifying with the foolishness of the cross, God's means of salvation. They are NOT called to simply BE FOOLISH.

As Professor Tertius (VerySincere) often wrote in his BSF articles: "Despite what some Christians try to prove, foolishness is NOT a fruit of the Spirit!"

It is when Christians make fools of themselves by insisting on illogical nonsense that has NO BASIS IN SCRIPTURE --- which non-believers look at and see ignorance and folly --- that they have no one to blame but themselves when they convince people that they have nothing of value to offer others. Many readers have probably noticed the famous theologian's quote in the signature field on some CF posts where he says that if Christians pontificate on things like science which they know nothing about, and sound like fools, they should not expect anyone to trust them on spiritual matters. (If it weren't 2am perhaps my brain would function and tell me who said that! Drat.)

How often do Christians come on these threads and make bold statements about science---but when pressed for evidence they fail miserably?
And then they finally get angry, complain that everyone is Satanic, wish them eternal torment, and then run away without EVERY showing any evidence or even making sense. We see this pattern far too often. And the rest of we Christians are left to continually remind people, "Don't judge the teachings of Jesus Christ, and the Bible in general, on these few but loud individuals who spout their ignorance as if it came from the Bible. It doesn't and the Bible shouldn't get the blame for their foolishness."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Yes, he did. And it is still there today.

Making the mistake of assuming that Zeke was talking about the land based city sometimes called Tyre would be as bad of a mistake as conflating Newark New Jersey with New York, New York.

Is Christ Soon To Return: Egypt in Bible Prophecy - Part Two

Not all prophesies have complete final fulfillment yet. Of course. Many have had a good taste of things too come though!

The prophesies fulfilled, then, refer to prophesies already fulfilled. Such as the Captivity, the destruction of Jerusalem, Messiah's birth and death, etc etc etc.
Nope, the time for those prophecies is well past.

Try again dad, you are full of fail as always.

Upvote 0

ThouShaltNotPoe

Learn whatever I can.
Mar 10, 2013
U.S.
✟441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I have a question about the Tyre prophecy which I have pursued for many years. I'm recalling from memory here but if I remember correctly, Ezekiel said that Tyre would be so utterly destroyed that the spot would remain desolate and be nothing but a place where fishermen stretch their nets. (Is that correct?)

Yet at that location today there is a thriving city and that beach property along the sea doesn't provide much room for fisherman's nets! In fact, I've heard that there are a lot of hotels and tourists filling up the beaches there.

There could well be a fascinating answer for this which would better explain the prophecy---but I've never had the time and priority to pursue that one. Can anybody explain that one for me: The mystery of the nothing-but-fisherman's-nets prophecy?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And the Apostle Paul made clear that that foolishness that he was writing about it is that which accompanies THE CROSS OF JESUS CHRIST.

He made it clear that the wisdom of man and this world is foolishness period.

Christ-followers are called to be "fools for Christ" by identifying with the foolishness of the cross, God's means of salvation. They are NOT called to simply BE FOOLISH.
Being foolish has nothing to do with believing God's word. Neither with being foolish...only being called foolish and seen as foolish by the worldly people. (like anyone cares what they think!)
As Professor Tertius (VerySincere) often wrote in his BSF articles: "Despite what some Christians try to prove, foolishness is NOT a fruit of the Spirit!"
Belief is. He ought to try it sometime.

It is when Christians make fools of themselves by insisting on illogical nonsense that has NO BASIS IN SCRIPTURE ---
Like the virgin birth and creation and the flood? Oh, does the 'professor' think we can take heed to the serious warning of God about Sodom and Gomorrah?

which non-believers look at and see ignorance and folly ---
No. They sometimes have half a brain, and can tell when one believes the bible they claim to believe.

that they have no one to blame but themselves when they convince people that they have nothing of value to offer others. Many readers have probably noticed the famous theologian's quote in the signature field on some CF posts where he says that if Christians pontificate on things like science which they know nothing about, and sound like fools, they should not expect anyone to trust them on spiritual matters. (If it weren't 2am perhaps my brain would function and tell me who said that! Drat.)
I know about science....it is foolishness. God agrees.
How often do Christians come on these threads and make bold statements about science---but when pressed for evidence they fail miserably?
Blather. Prove a same state past, or go down with science and be exposed as having no evidence.

And then they finally get angry, complain that everyone is Satanic, wish them eternal torment, and then run away without EVERY showing any evidence or even making sense.
Baloney. So called science is like a kick around toy, why would I get angry? God does seem to be angry at the lukewarm though....people supposedly believing the bible yet not who do not really at all.

We see this pattern far too often. And the rest of we Christians are left to continually remind people, "Don't judge the teachings of Jesus Christ, and the Bible in general, on these few but loud individuals who spout their ignorance as if it came from the Bible. It doesn't and the Bible shouldn't get the blame for their foolishness."
Yeah yeah. 'Don't be like the lunatics in the arena who are getting killed, be like us nice believers in the bleachers yelling with the wolves against them..'

We get it.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, he did. And it is still there today.

Making the mistake of assuming that Zeke was talking about the land based city sometimes called Tyre would be as bad of a mistake as conflating Newark New Jersey with New York, New York.
One needs to know what they read. For example Satan was spoken to and about while talking to one of his little proteges, the king of Tyre.

Nope, the time for those prophecies is well past.
Obviously Jesus was already born in Bethlehem, so the time is past.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a question about the Tyre prophecy which I have pursued for many years. I'm recalling from memory here but if I remember correctly, Ezekiel said that Tyre would be so utterly destroyed that the spot would remain desolate and be nothing but a place where fishermen stretch their nets. (Is that correct?)

Yet at that location today there is a thriving city and that beach property along the sea doesn't provide much room for fisherman's nets! In fact, I've heard that there are a lot of hotels and tourists filling up the beaches there. There could well be a fascinating answer for this which would better explain the prophecy---but I've never had the time and priority to pursue that one. Can anybody explain that one for me: The mystery of the nothing-but-fisherman's-nets prophecy?

There are intermediate fulfillments and final fulfillments in many cases. Babylon for example. The final destruction prophesied for Babylon has to do with the final day of the Lord period. Yet the original one also was destroyed.

Those sorts of prophesies are not something like truly fulfilled prophesy. Jesus was born in the city of David...to a virgin...rode into town on a donkey, was betrayed, killed..etc etc etc etc ...hundreds of prophesies all fulfilled.

Upvote 0