United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Evolution Denies - Please Refute this
Aside from the fact that he is overlooking ontological reductionism, aside from the fact that he says we have fewer chromosomes than chimps because we are "missing" chromosomes, aside from the fact that he uses the term "common ancestor," instead of "common designer," he can't prove that Adam wasn't created with this Chromosome #2 with its telomeres in the center of the chromosome.

Blaming God as a deceiver, when you are the one who is deceiving yourself, is like my generation blaming "the establishment" for their woes.

Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please ignore the title of the video, it's innapropriate, however the content of the video is very good.

How To Shut Up Pesky Creationists - YouTube

Yes, it is no surprise that even minimally-informed evolution-deniers are avoiding responding to your OP.

His entire lecture is well worth watching. And he is a reminder that The Theory of Evolution is in no way "atheistic" or anti-Christian----seeing how the professor is himself a devout Christian. But as in the days of Christ, tradition-bound Pharisees will always attribute the marvelous works of God to Satan instead. Blasphemy didn't end in the first century.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Aside from the fact that he is overlooking ontological reductionism, aside from the fact that he says we have fewer chromosomes than chimps because we are "missing" chromosomes, aside from the fact that he uses the term "common ancestor," instead of "common designer," he can't prove that Adam wasn't created with this Chromosome #2 with its telomeres in the center of the chromosome.

Blaming God as a deceiver, when you are the one who is deceiving yourself, is like my generation blaming "the establishment" for their woes.

You're missing the point. This was a testable prediction of the theroy of evolution, that had the potential to falsify it. Your response is just as he said.. "God just made the chromosome like that."

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're missing the point. This was a testable prediction of the theroy of evolution, that had the potential to falsify it. Your response is just as he said.. "God just made the chromosome like that."

It could also be a testable prediction of genetics, couldn't it? or a testable prediction of anatomy? or a testable prediction of pahtology?

But PR Department wouldn't go for that, would they?

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It could also be a testable prediction of genetics, couldn't it? or a testable prediction of anatomy? or a testable prediction of pahtology?

But PR Department wouldn't go for that, would they?

What "PR department?"

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What "PR department?"

Evolution.

In other words, make sure it's filed under EVOLUTION, so as to make it look like evolution makes predictions that can be tested.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Evolution.

In other words, make sure it's filed under EVOLUTION, so as to make it look like evolution makes predictions that can be tested.

Are you even aware of how little sense you're making right now?

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Evolution.

Can you explain how, in "reality," it is not a prediction made by evolution?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ikester7579

Jan 10, 2003
Florida
✟1,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The title is not inappropriate for those who like to use the video for exactly what you are doing here.

Ikester! You're back! What happened to all those threads you started? They disappeared like a will o' wisp...

Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The title is not inappropriate for those who like to use the video for exactly what you are doing here.

I"m curious. Exactly what do you think he is "doing here"? I thought he was posting a very interesting video---just as others have posted videos with titles like "How to deal with lying atheists" or "Where do those evolutionists come up with such nonsense?!" I certainly have no objections to impassioned titles on either side.

Upvote 0

ikester7579

Jan 10, 2003
Florida
✟1,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ikester! You're back! What happened to all those threads you started? They disappeared like a will o' wisp...

It's what happens to a person in this section of the forum that adheres to what the Bible says and post threads on subjects that makes those who don't look at real reality. This section of the forum is for the atheists to promote their humanist belief, not the Christian to grow their faith in God's creation.

So are you here to rub it in?

Upvote 0

ikester7579

Jan 10, 2003
Florida
✟1,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I"m curious. Exactly what do you think he is "doing here"? I thought he was posting a very interesting video---just as others have posted videos with titles like "How to deal with lying atheists" or "Where do those evolutionists come up with such nonsense?!" I certainly have no objections to impassioned titles on either side.

This is supposed to be a Christian ministry. I find it ironic how quickly everyone has jumped on me as soon as I post in here again. Trying to get me in trouble again? Going to go complain because I don't go along to get along because I follow the Word of God?

Besides is this not derailing the thread as well? If you guys want so bad to discuss with me what happened start a thread and we will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's what happens to a person in this section of the forum that adheres to what the Bible says and post threads on subjects that makes those who don't look at real reality. This section of the forum is for the atheists to promote their humanist belief, not the Christian yo grow their faith in God's creation.
Strange to see something like that in a forum run by Christians... hmmm.. maybe instead it had to do with multiple violations of forum rules?

So are you here to rub it in?
You never fail to see the worst in others.. do you? :(

Upvote 0

ikester7579

Jan 10, 2003
Florida
✟1,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Strange to see something like that in a forum run by Christians... hmmm.. maybe instead it had to do with multiple violations of forum rules?

I find it ironic that when I pointed out to the mods that I was gauging what was allowed on the forum by how I was being responded to by others they could not find any fault and therefore gave me a blank warning with no points.

You never fail to see the worst in others.. do you? :(

Not when it's made easy and clear after years of debate to know how the other side thinks and why they do what they do.

Upvote 0

ikester7579

Jan 10, 2003
Florida
✟1,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And I simply asked him why he thought the OP had some sort of ulterior motives!

He's definitely very defensive.

Why not be that way in a section of the forum that ganged up on me to get threads removed they did not like. And when I pointed out to the mods that I did not do anything different from anyone else here in those threads I was the one that got into trouble. At least I did not hide behind the mods here because I could not address what was in any threads here.

Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why not be that way in a section of the forum that ganged up on me to get threads removed they did not like. And when I pointed out to the mods that I did not do anything different from anyone else here in those threads I was the one that got into trouble. At least I did not hide behind the mods here because I could not address what was in any threads here.

I have no idea what happened---nor do I particular care. But why not exhibit your maturity and willingness to discuss the Biblical evidence and the scientific evidence concerning origins and move forward with something constructive. All I know about you so far is that instead of discussing the video, you accused the OP poster of some sort of sinister agenda. (Whether or not he has an agenda really doesn't matter, does it? Aren't your own ideas powerful enough to deal with them?)

I'm regularly amazed that so many of my Christian brethren on these threads are so angry and so unwilling to discuss facts, logic, and evidence (including the evidence from the Biblical text and from God's creation itself.)

Upvote 0