Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Common sense: definition: "Common sense is a basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge things, which is shared by ("common to") nearly all people, and can be reasonably expected of nearly all people without any need for debate."

"Common sense" is what people without formal education appeal to in order to seem authoritative to other people without formal education.

If people have went thru an indoctrination...

Calling an education "indoctrination" doesn't make it so, nor does it diminish the value of said education.

A.A.S.org calls ToE a notion:
"Darwin's Theory of Evolution is the widely held notion that all life is related and has descended from a common ancestor: the birds and the bananas, the fishes and the flowers -- all related. Darwin's general theory presumes the development of life from non-life and stresses a purely naturalistic (undirected) "descent with modification"

I can find zero evidence for this quote coming from the American Astronomical Society. Do you have a link?

Theory: definition:
a-- hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation

b:-- an unproved assumption : CONJECTURE

That's for the vernacular use of the word. We're talking about a scientific theory.
the definition of scientific theory
a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of facts or phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed through experiment or observation:​

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But I (and others) did have the questions:
1-- evolution; was there macroevolution or only microevolution?

The difference is quantitative, not qualitative. There really just is evolution.

2-- the big bang; how could it happen without any outside force? what was happening one second before the BB?

Nothing to do with evolution.

3--where did the universe come from? (you answer number two and you've answered number three)

Nothing to do with evolution.

4--where did "I" and everybody else come from and why?

You came from your parents, who came from theirs etc. turtles all the way down. As to why, when humans pair pond they engage in coitus which can result in pregnancy if it takes place during ovulation.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's AllAboutScience.org for the site info scroll to the bottom of the page; here is where the quote came from:

Darwin's Theory Of Evolution

You wrote that the definition came from AAS.org which is the website for the American Astronomical Society. The URL for AllAboutScienc.org is just that. And AllAboutScience.org is an apologetics ministry, not a science page. Darwin's Theory of Evolution dot com is a Creationist site so I can see why both of these sites would use such a dishonest "definition" of evolution.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Which would have been some ape, if it were true.
But it isn't.

We didn't evolve from MODERN apes.

We evolved from an ape that lived a few million years ago. Modern chimps also evolved from the same ancient ape. That ancient ape if the common ancestor of humans and chimps. We share a common ancestor with other apes, like gorillas. But our common ancestor with gorillas lived further back in time than our common ancestor with chimps.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You wrote that the definition came from AAS.org which is the website for the American Astronomical Society. The URL for AllAboutScienc.org is just that. And AllAboutScience.org is an apologetics ministry, not a science page. Darwin's Theory of Evolution dot com is a Creationist site so I can see why both of these sites would use such a dishonest "definition" of evolution.

The abbreviation for AllAboutScience.org is AAS.org.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
But I (and others) did have the questions:
1-- evolution; was there macroevolution or only microevolution?

That's not a valid question as it assumes a false understanding of evolution.
In reality, there isn't any difference process-wise between "macro" or "micro". It is the same process.

It's like walking a "micro distance" by taking 2 steps or walking a "macro distance" by talking 50 steps. But the process is just "walking". Walking a micro distance becomes a macro distance simply by continueing the process of walking.

"Micro evolution" inevitably leads to "macro evolution" over time.

2-- the big bang; how could it happen without any outside force? what was happening one second before the BB?

Again an invalid question, since it ignores the fact that space and time itself came into existance through the big bang. There is not logical "before" that.

Having said that, the origins of the universe are unknown. Yet, you pretend to have the answers - without investigating the questions, just like I said.

3--where did the universe come from? (you answer number two and you've answered number three)

Yes, it's essentially the same question. The answer is also the same: we don't know. Scientists are working hard to try and find out.

What do you do, to find out? It seems you're claiming that you a already know. Without investigating and/or actually asking the question. Again, you pretend to have the answers.

4--where did "I" and everybody else come from and why?

We were born after our parents had sex.
Homo sapiens as a species, evolved.

How did life itself originate some 3.8 billion years ago?
This is also unknown. But not as unknown as the origins of the universe. We know a lot more about the origins of life then we know about the origins of the universe.
There are a couple of hypothesis, some of them competing with eachother, with quite some evidence to back them up. But nothing conclusive as of yet.

Again, scientists are working hard to find out. While you...... you pretend to have the answers before actually investigating the questions.

Granted I was no Ph.D. in evolutionary science

yeah, that was very clear already.

What I did notice; after reading about all the scientific experiments that the top scientist were doing; was they were getting no farther along to the answer of what was; or who was; behind; the beginning of biology; the beginning of the universe; the beginning of the start of the BB.

That's not entirely true, but ok. I'll run with it.
As I already acknowledge: these things are still unknown and science is working hard to try and find out. I don't see what other choice there is.

And not, just pretending to have the answers, doesn't seem like a valid choice at all....

So thru a very personal experiment; which lead to an experience with the power that created the universe; and started the big bang; and He; God; with a laser like precision; touched me in a very powerful way. Later on God the Father; introduced my to Jesus His Son.

Your personal experiences are indistinguishable from the personal experiences of alien abductees that claim to have been anal probed while on a space ship in orbit around alpha centauri....

They are meaningless and they just reflect what you believe and can't show.
They are entirely useless when it comes to answering the hard scientific questions about reality.

So the answers were and are; (it's easier to answer them out of order):
2--BB--one second before the big bang?; there was no second before; because there was no time; just eternity; and God/Jesus has always been there; and always will be.
3--where did the universe come from? it was created by Jesus by a "sweep of His hand" which was the Big Bang.
1--evolution? It doesn't really matter; if you know who made the universe; the earth; all life; you know that Jesus/God gave us the Bible to show us That man was made in his image. and that's where we come from: 4

These are just your religious beliefs.
They aren't answers at all.

• Winner
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not a valid question as it assumes a false understanding of evolution.
In reality, there isn't any difference process-wise between "macro" or "micro". It is the same process.

It's like walking a "micro distance" by taking 2 steps or walking a "macro distance" by talking 50 steps. But the process is just "walking". Walking a micro distance becomes a macro distance simply by continueing the process of walking.

Again an invalid question, since it ignores the fact that space and time itself came into existance through the big bang. There is not logical "before" that.

Having said that, the origins of the universe are unknown. Yet, you pretend to have the answers - without investigating the questions, just like I said.

Yes, it's essentially the same question. The answer is also the same: we don't know. Scientists are working hard to try and find out.

What do you do, to find out? It seems you're claiming that you a already know. Without investigating and/or actually asking the question. Again, you pretend to have the answers.

We were born after our parents had sex.
Homo sapiens as a species, evolved.

How did life itself originate some 3.8 billion years ago?
This is also unknown. But not as unknown as the origins of the universe. We know a lot more about the origins of life then we know about the origins of the universe.
There are a couple of hypothesis, some of them competing with eachother, with quite some evidence to back them up. But nothing conclusive as of yet.

Again, scientists are working hard to find out. While you...... you pretend to have the answers before actually investigating the questions.

yeah, that was very clear already.

That's not entirely true, but ok. I'll run with it.
As I already acknowledge: these things are still unknown and science is working hard to try and find out. I don't see what other choice there is.

And not, just pretending to have the answers, doesn't seem like a valid choice at all....

Your personal experiences are indistinguishable from the personal experiences of alien abductees that claim to have been anal probed while on a space ship in orbit around alpha centauri....

They are meaningless and they just reflect what you believe and can't show.
They are entirely useless when it comes to answering the hard scientific questions about reality.

These are just your religious beliefs.
They aren't answers at all.

They answered the questions for me; ever scientist or lay scientific enthusiast has to use faith in the science theories; and the experiments that they didn't have personal experience in.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
They answered the questions for me;

No, mere assertions aren't "answers".

ever scientist or lay scientific enthusiast has to use faith in the science theories;

False again.
My pc doesn't work "by faith".
I don't require "faith" to accept atomic theory, because nukes explode.

and the experiments that they didn't have personal experience in.

They are all carefully and in detail describe the scientific papers that get published on them and any peer can repeat such experiments at any given time.

Your "personal anecdotes".... not quite.

EDIT: I also love how you feel required to drag down science to your religious faith-based level, just so you can rationalize your beliefs. Too bad it doesn't work off course. Science is nothing like religion. Scientific answers are nothing like religious claims.

They are opposite sides of not even the same coin.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
We evolved from an ape that lived a few million years ago. Modern chimps also evolved from the same ancient ape. That ancient ape if the common ancestor of humans and chimps. We share a common ancestor with other apes, like gorillas.

Totally false and cannot be supported with actual evidence since today's Humans are a combination of prehistoric people and Humans (descendants of Adam). The first Human (Adam) was made long before ANY other living creature, making it impossible that Humans could have evolved from the common ancestor or Apes.

Want to know how I know? Apes don't post. Only Humans (descendants of Adam) do. Apes are too dumb to post. Just because some act like Apes doesn't mean that we are descended from them. If you don't believe me, have a Kangaroo post a message.

• Haha
Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

False. Descent with modification between His and Their kinds is called evolution but this is just the opinion of people who have rejected God's Truth in Genesis.

False, since there were some 9 Billion years BEFORE the beginning of our Universe on the 3rd Day. Genesis 2:4 Someone should correct the false assumptions of those who think they know more than God. No need to remain ignorant of God's Truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Herman Hedning

Hiking is fun
Mar 2, 2004
N 57° 44', E 12° 00'
Visit site
✟735,403.00
Faith
Humanist
If your not using it as the actual typed in URL you can; and I did. Isn't this like arguing about the shape of the table at a peace conference?
I suppose you can, but if you want people to understand what you are talking about you'd better use the actual web address. And, as I'm sure you well know, table shapes are very important.

Paris Peace Accords 1968 said:
A similar debate concerned the shape of the table to be used at the conference. The North favored a circular table, in which all parties, including NLF representatives, would appear to be "equal"' in importance. The South Vietnamese argued that only a rectangular table was acceptable, for only a rectangle could show two distinct sides to the conflict. Eventually a compromise was reached, in which representatives of the northern and southern governments would sit at a circular table, with members representing all other parties sitting at individual square tables around them.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Totally false and cannot be supported with actual evidence since today's Humans are a combination of prehistoric people and Humans (descendants of Adam). The first Human (Adam) was made long before ANY other living creature, making it impossible that Humans could have evolved from the common ancestor or Apes.

Want to know how I know? Apes don't post. Only Humans (descendants of Adam) do. Apes are too dumb to post. Just because some act like Apes doesn't mean that we are descended from them. If you don't believe me, have a Kangaroo post a message.

Yeah, you can't say something is false just because it contradicts what you've already chosen to believe. Reality doesn't work that way.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Yeah, you can't say something is false just because it contradicts what you've already chosen to believe. Reality doesn't work that way.

I notice that you didn't have a Kangaroo post a reply to me. How long do you think it will take that animal to evolve the intelligence necessary to reply? Answer: Never, since mindless nature does not evolve superior intelligence in any animal. It's proof that evolution is a made up, false notion of people who have rejected God's Truth.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Common sense does not override repeated observations.
Actually it would if the repeated "observations " are not applicable to the assumed or desired results.

Observe away!
Evolution is a ridiculous "theory".
Common sense should let anyone know that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.