Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nope, Ray was completely ignorant about the banana. A fact the he fessed up to in one of his rare moments of honesty.

It is good that he was willing to come clean on this. But what Ray seems incapable of doing is using that sort of event to inspire him to LEARN what science actually does know and what science actually says.

But no, the goes on to continually misrepresent/misinterpret science. He just finds other things to misrepresent/misinterpret

And because he deals with science like a 3rd grader first learning "the scientific method" he relates well to other people whose understanding of science stopped in elementary school.

Which is why Creationists should really stop trying to talk science until they learn some science. From someone who might have made it past 3rd grade science class. (ie not Ray)

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am sure that he merely edited out the clear answers that Meyers gave him out. I don't think that he treated him as dishonestly as he treated Dawkins. I do believe that Meyers confirmed that we are "fish"(cladistically we are). But that was merely because it was totally beyond Ray's ability to understand.

Ugh. I honestly don't want to watch Ray talking to PZ Meyers.

At least when you read a Chick Tract you get funny pictures. With Ray you just get his cloying voice stridently making incorrect or obfuscatory or misrepresentative claims about science.

Gah.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ray says the banana created by God is perfectly fit for human consumption.
I know what Ray said.

I've watched the video several times.
Obliquinaut said:
Scientists say no, the banana Ray was showing you was NOT the original banana but created by human breeding of the original banana which was not as perfect for that purpose.
I know what scientists said ... and I agree with them.
Obliquinaut said:
While scientists didn't tell you about God, they did tell you about Ray's error.
So what do they need now? a medal, or a chest to pin it on?
Obliquinaut said:
And Ray's error was what he was trying to use to show you the glory of God.
Oooookay.

Ray goofed.

But even in goofing, he demonstrated a deep truth.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh dear...I finally caught some of his talk with PZ Myers. Ugh. Ray seems to think that the changes bacteria undergo are somehow underwhelming because they don't change "kinds". -Sigh- When will Ray actually bother to talk about biology AS REAL BIOLOGISTS TALK ABOUT BIOLOGY?

Why does he have to make them accept the Creationist bizarro terminology that has nothing to do with the real topic he's debating????

And the fact that these living things ARE ABLE TO CHANGE AT ALL just doesn't impress Ray. Funny that. But these things are actually developing new and different fundamental chemistries.

It's like watching a brick layer put two bricks together with mortar but not believing a brick layer can make an entire house.

GAH! The stupid is so overwhelming. It hurts my head! I can't watch anymore of this garbage!!!!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So it confirms the argument that Ray is a buffoon?
It confirms that scientists can't get past the mistake to see a deep truth.

They're too busy celebrating his error.

Remember the Deepwater Horizon?

What were they doing when it blew up?

Having a pattusonnabak party.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ray seems to think that the changes bacteria undergo are somehow underwhelming because they don't change "kinds".
That's right.

As I understand it, bacteria puts out a new species every nine hours; and has been according to evolution for what? millions of years?

And they're still bacteria.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So what do they need now? a medal, or a chest to pin it on?

Here's what you just said earlier in this thread:

What I got from his banana video is that God gave us scientists to hybridize the banana into a human delicacy.

But Ray didn't say that in the original video AT ALL. He said just the OPPOSITE of that.

You cannot use THAT as a defense of Ray AT ALL.

Ray goofed.

But even in goofing, he demonstrated a deep truth.

What "deep truth"? That his original interpretation was wrong and that he tried to use that to convince people God created the Banana??

Yes, he achieved that. He showed you HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT KNOWING THE TRUTH OF A POINT HE MAKES BEFORE HE MAKES THE POINT.

And when he puts out a new video Creationists will lap it up again and they'll have to be shown what errors are in THAT one.

You should know Ray by the fruit he bears. But that isn't important so long as Ray misrepresents/misinterprets FOR JESUS, does it?

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That right.

And that is predicated on an ASTOUNDING lack of understanding of biochemistry.

As I understand it, bacteria puts out a new species every nine hours; and has been according to evolution for what? millions of years?

Ooops! New species sounds a lot like new "kinds"...or is there a technical definition of "kinds" yet.

Is it a sliding scale? Whatever doesn't hurt "Creationist dogma" is a kind.

And they're still bacteria.

Dogs and fish are still chordates. Take that Darwin!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It confirms that scientists can't get past the mistake to see a deep truth.

If Ray came out and said gravity didn't exist, would you find a way to justify the statement as finding some deeper truth?

They're too busy celebrating his error.

Damn right. We are showing the fruit he is bearing. If you don't like the taste then too bad. His continued rotting fruit will be shown.

Remember the Deepwater Horizon?

Oh jeez, not this gambit again. Please. Just fast forward to Thalidomide and let's get this all over now.

Gah.

If you value the words of a liar/idiot as showing you "truth" then fine. Enjoy Ray the livelong day.

Just don't expect that people who know science will think you are acting wisely.

• Agree
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If Ray came out and said gravity didn't exist, would you find a way to justify the statement as finding some deeper truth?
Intelligent Falling
Obliquinaut said:
Oh jeez, not this gambit again. Please. Just fast forward to Thalidomide and let's get this all over now.
Already done in another thread just minutes ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:D Oh dear.

I meant, that you don't consider what we label as the genus Homo as all one "kind".
I don't consider myself a Homo sapiens.

Paul warns us not to.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Already done in another thread just minutes ago.

And probably the exact same points are being raised time and again and again and again.

And it doesn't change one whit that Ray was WRONG in his original point. If you learned anything from that it WASN'T about God...it was about Ray's unwillingness to know the facts before he misrepresented them to show you the glory of God.

THAT is worth knowing. And it is a truth worth repeating.

Upvote 0