Florida
✟11,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone else noticed how many evil people seem to inhabit this Earth? The best I can tell in any given city, you might find a handful of good people. The rest of them are just plain evil, they really are.
Hoping to hear from others with a reasonable level of awareness.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone else noticed how many evil people seem to inhabit this Earth? The best I can tell in any given city, you might find a handful of good people. The rest of them are just plain evil, they really are.
I know what you mean to say, tho none mortal are truly Good in the perfect way (yet):

Mark 10:18 "Why do you call Me good?" Jesus replied. "No one is good except God alone. (He said to one who thought He was only a teacher of the Law)

But more lately are getting worse in the world it does seem:

1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
2 Timothy 3 NIV

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,589.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The technical term or religious term is ' sinner ' , that is persons whose sins or immoral acts etc have not been forgiven by Jesus and who do not have a personal relationship with him.

The result of this is hat society does not follow God's laws and behaviour becomes more and more ' evil '.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thought about the OP for sometime. Wondered if it's the way society has become more self centered and ignoring Biblical principles. In past generations, there were wars and men fought for our country and freedoms. Can you imagine If there was a draft today? Or is it because God has been taken out of the schools? The Golden Rule and other Bible verses were posted in the classrooms earlier But now the "real truth" is taught. For example,, complete strangers are given the responsibility of teaching our children sex education. Christianity is forbidden but other religions are promoted But Christians don't seem to have an issue with it.. Or is it because of the changes in media? Just one area, what would some of the early news presenters say about their industry today? In cartoons and other types of entertainment, the Bible is comic material. Or is it our homes? Experts say young people join gangs because it's a way for them to have family. Even though later they can't get out of their family if they want. Some parents work long hours so their children can have a better life than they did. Instant everything including communication but some young people seem lonely and without real friends. More debt than before - even before the virus. Also, know several pastors who have been in ministry for decades. They've been saying that now when trying to talk with people their hearts seem to be hard and they refuse to hear.

Overall, people are easily offended. There's not much patience, acceptance, and consideration shown towards others in various settings. Little respect for those in leadership.

Then there's the group that is evil where they've gone off track much further. "It's not my fault," they're the victim they say as they're bragging about their behavior. In earlier times, some would say the devil made me do it. Of course, the general population laughed at that comment. But what they were saying was at my core I wouldn't have but I let the devil influence me to do this. Which is in Scripture. When God was talking with Cain about his attitude, He said "If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin crouches at your door; its desire is for you, but you must master it." In other words, with God's help Cain could have mastered the sin crouching at his door. Gen 4:7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Define evil.

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Define evil.
While the typical popular usage is of course for especially wrongful actions, instead of only smaller everyday wrongful actions....that's arbitrary of course. In general, wrongdoing is what is being referred to, and not the degree or severity. Wrongdoing, or evil action in the most general sense, is to intentionally harm another person, by intentionally going against the general rule: "In everything, do to others as you would have them do to you..."

Given that, all people have done wrongs of course, at times, if not often. But the degree and severity of wrongdoing in a culture/nation does show something important -- degree and frequency of wrongdoing shows how sick or well a nation/culture is and where it is heading. I think the amount of wrongdoing, and especially the change in that amount, points to the future outcome of progress or its opposite for the culture/nation.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Evil" and "wicked" - stated in Scripture about a 1000 times So there's plenty of information such as Rom 1. It's about our hearts (Pro 4).

"Got Questions" has a good article. Sure there are others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I used to lean towards the idea that everyone has some good in us, but the closer I got to God and the more I read the Bible the more I realized that our nature is evil and that we must be taught and encouraged to do good and punished to deter us from doing evil. Some people can be very easily tempted to do evil while others can resist doing so but in the end we are lucky to do minor evil deeds and to refrain from major evil deeds.
I've watched a lot of forensic and crime shows and have seen people do the most evil things for no good reason many do it just because they want to. The "love your neighbor" thing for a lot of people is totally out.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The thing is that truly evil people stand out more than good people. Men like Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin will be better remembered than the peace makers of the world. There is more of a alluring curiosity and fascination with the dark and cruel than the kind and nice. Something which I find sad and admittedly have overlooked in the past and am currently trying to learn to appreciate more.

Sadly I will say my ancestors (specifically from my mother's side) are people who I would describe as incredibly evil. They suffer from chemical imbalances (hyper empathy issues related to BPD and blatant sadism). I have some of those traits, the only saving grace being I was raised in a comfortable middle class family with loving parents with little to no family dysfunction. Still I was incredibly mean to people and enjoyed being cruel to others. I'm trying to change for the better, but I can understand why evil people act the way they do, especially if they grew up in a rough environment. I view them more as tragic figures. A genetic and environmental deck that was stacked against them that pretty much anyone else would falter too.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Think good and it will be good.

Blood and violence is a bestseller,

After two weeks in intensive care I still not can get over
the kindness and caring I recieved.

To come to after being out a few days and find a lot of different people bent on making you comfortable,

It is like they were angels in disguise.

Or taking a bus a rainy day with groceries in a paper bag,
and the bottom falls out,

with people getting on the bus and your groceries rolling around on the floor.

A group of Muslim women rushed to my help.

Of course bad stuff happens, but a lot of good too.

We must focus on what is good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't think I could manage to get to know each and every individual in my area to make such an assessment. Most people I encounter seem pretty decent, though.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟138,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I think the internet encourages, directly or indirectly, people to be more negative and rude. Being behind a screen not only removes most of the potential consequence of insulting others, but the feeling of it being serious. As if being a bully doesn't count if you're online. Another factor is the news media highlighting negative stories rather than positive ones. It prompts us to see society in a "glass half empty" mindset rather than a "glass half full" one.

Upvote 0

Leah Daniels

Jun 23, 2020
Southlake
✟36,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think what the op was saying was the state of the earth and most people right now, not judging. And I agree, the earth is extremely evil right now. And people have no discernment to see that they are as evil as they are. Agreed. Even the so-called "right political wing" is way off and very lukewarm.

Upvote 0

Leah Daniels

Jun 23, 2020
Southlake
✟36,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

There's many people on earth who are "normal" people, as in, they do normal people things, according to the world. But if you examine those things through the truth of the Bible, they are serious abominations to God. But almost everyone accepts them.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am more disturbed by the ones who profess belief than those who don’t. I know they’re troubled. But the growing instances of fanaticism, lack of reasoning, and mental delusion are equally disturbing.

Religiosity isn’t a better course. It’s a train wreck.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0