Evil/hard times to come. Are you prepared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiddleChick

May 8, 2005
North Carolina
✟15,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I can’t find another fitting place to put it!
Are there any people here who believe that hard times are coming soon? Are you preparing or are you already prepared? Do you have food, survival, medical supplies stored up? Are you preparing in any way at al for evil times to come?
I would love to hear some thoughts on this and so on…

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Jesus returns and the church is raptured at "the sound of the last trump" which is Pre-Wrath.

1Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Thess 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

2Thess. 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Thess. 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Upvote 0

FiddleChick

May 8, 2005
North Carolina
✟15,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The church will not be raptured till the 7th trumpet.

What takes place in that trumpet time?

time to judge the dead
(the two witnesses rise at the resurrection of the just)

time to reward

time to start God as the Destroyer

See Rev. 11:18
and then the temple in heaven will be opened to men
as in verse 19 - the temple of God in heaven opens
and that goes with Rev. 15 - where the seven plagues of the seven sealed people angels are over first.

Paul told the church - to let no man deceive her

our gathering
that day
won't come
except

man of sin be revealed

The church will have to endure the time of the mark of the beast.

I don't believe in the rapture. I would like for there to be a "rapture", becuase it would be nice to not have to be around when the nasty stuff starts happening, but I think some of us will have to go through it, under Gods protection or course. So are there any of you out there who don't believe in a rapture and are preparing in the ways I mentioned? I am also preparing by becoming closer to God, but in other ways to.

Upvote 0

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
With the possiblity of just about anything happening before we get home I always try to keep some things around. What I mean is food and water, etc. for at least 3 days. After what happened during the hurricaines I think it is just better to not count on help being able to get to us if it is something really bad.

I know some people on another board, who live in California, said that they used to be told to keep 3 days worth of stuff. Now they are telling them to not have less than a weeks supply.

I believe we will be raptured, and I also know that until then He will never leave us or forsake us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jesusxchick

God's Little Princess
Oct 13, 2006
Georgia
✟16,641.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
To be honest, I don't know what's ahead, but it's probably only going to get worse as times go by. The only way that I'm preparing for anything bad or evil is by being close with God. I know that God will provide anything I need, so no worries.

Good question though.

God Bless :)

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To be honest, I don't know what's ahead, but it's probably only going to get worse as times go by. The only way that I'm preparing for anything bad or evil is by being close with God. I know that God will provide anything I need, so no worries.

Good question though.

God Bless :)

Yes, God will provide, that is so true, but this also reminds me of the joke about the man in a flood.

You know the one where the water kept rising, and first a boat came, but the person says no thank you God will take care of me. Then as the water continued to rise he moved up to his attic and then the roof, and again when a boat and a helicopter came for him he again refused saying God would take care of him. Finally the man dies and is standing before God, and he ask why didn't you take care of me. God answers that He sent 2 boats and a helicopter.

I don't think having extra water, food, etc. around is meaning we don't have faith in God to provide, it just means we are using the brain He gave us to be prepared to get through those hard times when they come.

I lean on His word, most of all, which not only tells us He will never leave or forsake us, but also says that nothing will come up that with Him we can't get through.

Praise the Lord, we are never alone.:clap:

Reactions: Sennaria
Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes, God will provide, that is so true, but this also reminds me of the joke about the man in a flood.

You know the one where the water kept rising, and first a boat came, but the person says no thank you God will take care of me. Then as the water continued to rise he moved up to his attic and then the roof, and again when a boat and a helicopter came for him he again refused saying God would take care of him. Finally the man dies and is standing before God, and he ask why didn't you take care of me. God answers that He sent 2 boats and a helicopter.

I don't think having extra water, food, etc. around is meaning we don't have faith in God to provide, it just means we are using the brain He gave us to be prepared to get through those hard times when they come.

I lean on His word, most of all, which not only tells us He will never leave or forsake us, but also says that nothing will come up that with Him we can't get through.

That is a good point, and I read that very good joke years ago in Readers Digest,and I usually always have some food on hand,but there is no way anyone can possibly know "how much is enough",So I trust our Lord's words to not worry about tomorrow. When it comes down to it,"to die is gain",so if things get so bad,I don't care to prolong the inevitable. :prayer: :clap:

Upvote 0

FiddleChick

May 8, 2005
North Carolina
✟15,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Exactly!! I agree 100%. If you don't take the initiate, and think ahead, and AT LEAST, try to protect your family, then I bet God will be saying something like 'Well, you know, you didn't even try. You never asked me, you never thought about the possibilities. Even with all the signs. That's what I gave you that brain for. That's why I gave you a chance to know me better and to listen carefully, so you could hear what I have to say., even in the present day. You sat on your butt with the excuse that I loved you so much that I would never let you suffer, or allow you to ever be in an uncomfortable position. Haven't you been if uncomfortable positions before in your life? I was there, I knew about them. But you had to face them, figure them out, and get through them. I am sorry, but for now you may have to suffer, but I will still see you in heaven when your time has come.'

OK, Maybe not in those exact words, but you get the jist. Any who, I think it would be irresponsible to ignore the fact that bad times may come in our life times and we are not prepared for the worst. Who knows, maybe we will get through out lives and never run into them, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it started tomorrow. I think it already HAS started. Isn't it better to be prepared and have nothing happen, than it is to not be prepared and HAVE something happen?

I also think that God also prepares certain people because he will have them help others in times of need, etc.

I have friends who were told by God to have enough for like 3 or 4 years, or something like that.

I think it's a good idea to have things like veggie seeds, and water, dehydrated food, cans of food, wheat, vitamins, etc.

Hey I heard that there is actually a law against "hoarding" food. Where you can't have over a certain amount of food stored. Is this true to anyone’s knowledge? I was shocked when I heard this!

The worst thing that could happen in the hard times is that you are not saved, and you don't get to go with God in the end. Other than that, who cares if you die! LOL, Sorry I guess that sounded harsh, but I think you know what I mean...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

billwald

Contributor
Oct 18, 2003
washington state
✟6,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prior to WW1 half of all Americans lived in poverty. Before TVA & WW2 half of all Americans didn't have electricity or indoor plumbing.

Post WW2 produced freak economic conditions. Most Americans now alive have never unintentionally missed a meal. Conditions are returning to normal. Peopl with sufficient smarts and ambition will do OK. People who buy toys on credit will be our next poverty class.

Upvote 0

FiddleChick

May 8, 2005
North Carolina
✟15,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Prior to WW1 half of all Americans lived in poverty. Before TVA & WW2 half of all Americans didn't have electricity or indoor plumbing.

Post WW2 produced freak economic conditions. Most Americans now alive have never unintentionally missed a meal. Conditions are returning to normal. Peopl with sufficient smarts and ambition will do OK. People who buy toys on credit will be our next poverty class.

Huh? I agree, but what does that have to do with what I was sayin'? LOL

Upvote 0

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is a good point, and I read that very good joke years ago in Readers Digest,and I usually always have some food on hand,but there is no way anyone can possibly know "how much is enough",So I trust our Lord's words to not worry about tomorrow. When it comes down to it,"to die is gain",so if things get so bad,I don't care to prolong the inevitable. :prayer: :clap:
Yep, when it comes down to it I want to go home. I have always said that if we were attacked they would probably bomb Wichita, Ks., which is 2 hours west of me, and that I would drive as fast as I could toward Wichita. Why wait for the fallout to blow my way? I would prefer to spend up what was going to happen anyway.

Looking at maps for fallout, well I have Wichita to my west side, the army base in Missouri to my northeast side, then there is the Oklahoma bases. That with the fallout that will be coming from Colorado, I think driving fast toward Wichita would be the best answer.

I really can't say what I will do till something happens, but do know that He is with me, and I know as you said that to die is gain. PRAISE THE LORD!!

Upvote 0

FireQuest

Aug 17, 2006
In Jesus, My Strong Tower!
✟8,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With the possiblity of just about anything happening before we get home I always try to keep some things around. What I mean is food and water, etc. for at least 3 days. After what happened during the hurricaines I think it is just better to not count on help being able to get to us if it is something really bad.

I know some people on another board, who live in California, said that they used to be told to keep 3 days worth of stuff. Now they are telling them to not have less than a weeks supply.

I believe we will be raptured, and I also know that until then He will never leave us or forsake us.
:amen:

Upvote 0

ArmoredTruth

Jan 5, 2007
✟7,944.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I certainly hope we'd be raptured, but I rarely consider/expect it and will treat it as an unexpected surprise when/if it happens. As for preparing for a disaster by loading up on supplies, I'd think it's ok as long as you prepare for extra people like your neighbor or family.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.