Birmingham, AL
✟22,544.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes indeed, it seems to be mainly christians who follow these "scientists". But REAL scientists have proven to be useful. I have yet to see a single creationist contribute to our society Not even mentioning the fallacious theories they present.

Oh they definitely contribute. By spreading mis-information and speculation as real science they continue to erode the education system of this country by preaching ignorance instead of learning.

I don't blame people like JohnR7 and LN. I pity them for falling victim to the con artists that have betrayed their trust by feeding them lies for decades.

Upvote 0

Shadowsun

Jan 29, 2007
✟7,667.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh they definitely contribute. By spreading mis-information and speculation as real science they continue to erode the education system of this country by preaching ignorance instead of learning.

I don't blame people like JohnR7 and LN. I pity them for falling victim to the con artists that have betrayed their trust by feeding them lies for decades.
Reminds me of a Japanese proverb:

[SIZE=-1]馬鹿は死ななきゃ直らない。 Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
The only cure for stupidity is death[/SIZE]

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian

Poison is largely a matter of quantity. Recent evidence suggests that even lead - in extremely minute amounts - is necessary for healthy mental development.

Good point!
Oxygen is lethal in large quanities, (That means it's poison john) but you can't life without it.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes indeed, it seems to be mainly christians who follow these "scientists". But REAL scientists have proven to be useful. I have yet to see a single creationist contribute to our society Not even mentioning the fallacious theories they present.

Now this is just wrong. It's not polite to spread such falsehoods!!!101!!one!!

Creationism has brought us .. um... well.. no medical advancements... but hey they've given us a board game!

http://www.assistnews.net/Stories/s06120143.htm

Here are some pics from the game.

Creationist idea of what a transitional species would look like:
Bullfrog
web20file000qm7.jpg

Sheepdog
web20sheepdoggo4.jpg

I have no idea...
web20att4b457sm1.jpg

[FONT=arial,helvetica]Comfort said, “This game didn’t happen by accident. It was intelligently designed with a specific purpose in mind, and we hope it creates a big bang in the Christian and secular world.”

No Ray... anybody who know anything about evolution knows there was no intelligence involved in the creation of your game.
[/FONT]

Reactions: OdwinOddball
Upvote 0

CACTUSJACKmankin

Scientist
Jan 25, 2007
✟11,817.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Every SCIENTIST is not presently nor has always been in the past an evolutionist. So clearly not every scientist is wrong. There are some who realize man's learned folly.
Indeed some are creationist scientists. But they don't really count.
Maybe not to you. I'm sure they count to GOD. GOD is really all who matters----------That is the CHRISTIAN revelation -----is it not?

Less than a fifth of a percent of American scientists in a relevant field reject evolution talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA111.html.

If you believe that biblical truth trumps factual evidence, then just say that. Don't say you dont accept evolution because it's scientifically unsound, because that's not true, just say that you believe the bible regardless of the evidence in favor of evolution.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Now this is just wrong. It's not polite to spread such falsehoods!!!101!!one!!

Creationism has brought us .. um... well.. no medical advancements... but hey they've given us a board game!

http://www.assistnews.net/Stories/s06120143.htm

Here are some pics from the game.

Creationist idea of what a transitional species would look like:
Bullfrog
web20file000qm7.jpg

Sheepdog
web20sheepdoggo4.jpg

I have no idea...
web20att4b457sm1.jpg

[FONT=arial,helvetica]Comfort said, “This game didn’t happen by accident. It was intelligently designed with a specific purpose in mind, and we hope it creates a big bang in the Christian and secular world.”

No Ray... anybody who know anything about evolution knows there was no intelligence involved in the creation of your game.
[/FONT]

This idiotic game is a perfect example of the deceitful nature of those who champion creationism/ID. Ridiculous "transitionals" (like the "pupling") are presented as if they were examples of what evolutionary biologists are claiming supports evolution.

Here are some more lies from the game designers:

We are very excited about this game because it presents both sides of the creation evolution argument, and in doing so, shows that the contemporary theory of evolution is perhaps the greatest hoax of modern times.
"Both sides" are most certainly not represented by this game. Only one is. The other side is ridiculed and misrepresented.

To believe in evolutionary ‘transitional forms’ is to hold to the belief that one species evolved into another. However, there is no scientific evidence of any species evolving into another—not in creation, nor in the ‘fossil record.’ Most people don’t know that.
This is another outright lie... but hey, they are saving souls, right?

The only question I have, is why Comfort and Cameron don't sell a Banana with each game, so we can all see that it fits in a person's mouth and has a non-slip surface. :p

Upvote 0

shadowmage36

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu ftaghn!
Jul 31, 2006
Delaware
✟8,108.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This is another outright lie... but hey, they are saving souls, right?

Allow me to direct you to the Wizard's Fifth Rule and Wizard's Sixth Rule. Please read and apply as directed.

Reason says that if there is a preponderance of evidence that something is true (like the TOE), then it is true.(Sixth Rule). Ergo, if it's true, and people deny it (thereby telling lies), they must have something against the truth, despite what they may say (Fifth and Tenth Rules.). One then must ask themselves: To what purpose do they distort the truth? A little investigation reveals the answer.

I believe that avarice is one of the seven deadly sins, is it not?

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Less than a fifth of a percent of American scientists in a relevant field reject evolution talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA111.html.
"in a relevant field" is a very nice statement, and one that I think many people are missing. However, I would expand this to include a larger list of scientific endeavors
To the point, it's not just "evolutionists" and "evolutionism" that is contradicted by YEC creationism.
Every field listed here contradicts the YEC version of Creationism (and these are just off the top of my head, Im sure others can add to this)-
physics, cosmology, archeology, paleontology, zoology, botany, historical geology, and biogeography.

Furthermore, relevant fields includes actual applied sciences (thanks to Pete Harcoff for this insightful post of his).

Of course, if evolution is "wrong", then these applied sciences are just made up fiction that don't actually exist (Ive heard Creationists IRL actually state this)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valkhorn

the Antifloccinaucinihilipili ficationist
Jun 15, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟11,624.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Allow me to direct you to the Wizard's Fifth Rule and Wizard's Sixth Rule. Please read and apply as directed.

Reason says that if there is a preponderance of evidence that something is true (like the TOE), then it is true.(Sixth Rule). Ergo, if it's true, and people deny it (thereby telling lies), they must have something against the truth, despite what they may say (Fifth and Tenth Rules.). One then must ask themselves: To what purpose do they distort the truth? A little investigation reveals the answer.

I believe that avarice is one of the seven deadly sins, is it not?

I love those books!

Upvote 0