Evangelist sends bin Laden a video message

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My dial-up connection is too slow to play the video, but the general idea of a video seems good to me. It's really consistent with our ideas of free expression - pretty much without violence in this case, too.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My dial-up connection is too slow to play the video, but the general idea of a video seems good to me. It's really consistent with our ideas of free expression - pretty much without violence in this case, too.
Yeah. But consider this...

Did Paul tell the people of Athens that their gods were vile lies in this way? No. While it is obvious that they were, Paul approached the Athenians with respect. He did not mock them like this guy mocks his countryman. And I don't think we should mock others. Not even if they worship Elvis, or the easter bunny.

Upvote 0

CACTUSJACKmankin

Scientist
Jan 25, 2007
✟11,817.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
shouldnt there be such thing as the unsalvagable? Can a mass murderer come to jesus on his deathbed and get into heaven? his only redeeming quality was a good sense of timing. If an atheist who spends his life as a doctor, saving people's lives, goes to hell for not accepting jesus then a sick genocidal maniac like osama shouldnt get access to heaven either.

Upvote 0

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
shouldnt there be such thing as the unsalvagable? Can a mass murderer come to jesus on his deathbed and get into heaven? his only redeeming quality was a good sense of timing. If an atheist who spends his life as a doctor, saving people's lives, goes to hell for not accepting jesus then a sick genocidal maniac like osama shouldnt get access to heaven either.

There are no unsalvagables. Before you die, if you repent and accept Jesus Christ as the son of God, the Messiah, then you will be forgiven by God for your sins. That is what we believe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wademay4

May 1, 2007
✟15,524.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There are no unsalvagables. Before you die, if you repent and accept Jesus Christ as the son of God, the Messiah, then you will be forgiven by God for your sins. That is what we believe.
Well, it's good to know I have a get out of jail free card waiting for me, just in case.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, it's good to know I have a get out of jail free card waiting for me, just in case.
no-one chooses the time or place of their deaths. It's likely you wont get the chance to repent though.
I know many who think that way. "I'll drink, smoke, drive like a maniac have sex with as many as possible. Then when I'm 80 and on my death bed I'll convert just to be sure."
I doubt they will convert. If they do, great! But they missed out on a better life while they were here.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Osama the goat lover will be thrilled to hear this guy. Good for the Televangelist. Osama needs to hear that someone else thinks he is bound for hell.
The televangelist is not talking to Osama. He's talking to the American public.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

wademay4

May 1, 2007
✟15,524.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
no-one chooses the time or place of their deaths. It's likely you wont get the chance to repent though.
I know many who think that way. "I'll drink, smoke, drive like a maniac have sex with as many as possible. Then when I'm 80 and on my death bed I'll convert just to be sure."
I doubt they will convert. If they do, great! But they missed out on a better life while they were here.

You raise a valid point of course. I just think it's messed up when people use church as a excuse to act however they want. So many people I know think they can do whatever they want, because as long as they go to church on Sunday, they are in the clear. Don't take this as directed only at religion, because I know people come up with plenty of other ways to justify acting like an idiot other then religion. It's just annoying to deal with.

Upvote 0