SHOCKING POLL: One In Five Gen Z Americans Hold Positive View Of Osama bin Laden

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That to me is quite a mischaracterization. DSouza pointed out that jihadists decry homosexuality and such promoted by the left. It is rather wacky when someone like Jean-Pierre defends jihadists because if they go a hold of her they would throw her off a roof top. Of course the fact is that jihadists hate Christians as well.
There is a huge thing going on in left-wing circles that a lot of people are oblivious to: The concept of radical decolonization. The concept is rife with contradictions (some of which the most thoughtful of them recognize), but pro-Islamic sentiment is part of it. The rational for students being anti-Israel or pro-Islamicist is not because of anti-Semitism, but decolonialization.

• Informative
Reactions: MrMoe
Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian
I doubt if they did. There are many people siding with Palestine at the moment (as opposed to Hamas). And according to Pew, 39% of Gen X are against gay marriage. Section 1: Changing Views of Same-Sex Marriage

That's Gen X. The poll this thread is about is about Gen Z. I thought Gen Z was more tolerant toward gay people and less racist than the previous generations.

Let's face it, some of what bin Laden said about sexual morality could have been lifted straight from the bible.

Or the Quran.

I think that if you reworded that letter somewhat but kept the general points that were made and didn't identify the author, you'd see the percentage that gave some support for the opinions in it rise.

I don't know how you would reword this letter without losing it's original meaning. The letter is very pro radical Islam, anti-American, anti-Israel, as well as the other two things I mentioned previously.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's Gen X. The poll this thread is about is about Gen Z. I thought Gen Z was more tolerant toward gay people and less racist than the previous generations.

Or the Quran.

I don't know how you would reword this letter without losing it's original meaning. The letter is very pro radical Islam, anti-American, anti-Israel, as well as the other two things I mentioned previously.
The important thing to Gen Z is that the letter is de-colonialist.

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My bad. Getting my X, Y and Zs mixed up. You're right in that the younger generations are more tolerant in regard to sexual attitudes. Using the Pew link (Generation Z Looks a Lot Like Millennials on Key Social and Political Issues), those who specif9cally think gay marriage is wrong drops from 25% for gen X to 15% for gen Y. So there's still a reasonably significant minority who might be said to have a problem with homosexuality.

What's interesting from that poll is that when they were asked about their view on the US, the younger you are, the more likely you are to think that 'other countries are better than the US.' It rises from 20% to 30%. And I think that echoes the point that @RDKirk made about views on decolonisation. So you get the attitude 'The US supports Israel, but hang on...what about the Palestinians'.
Or the Quran.
Very true. Both as bad as each other in some respects.
The letter is very pro radical Islam, anti-American, anti-Israel, as well as the other two things I mentioned previously.
It's pro Islam, obviously. But you could write that in way that says 'we have a right to practice our religion without interference.' And it's anti America, not anti Americans. And re anti Israel, all you do is bring up Palestine. Notwithstanding that there is a not insignificant minority of Americans who would readily blame Jews for any number of perceived problems.

Let's face it, there's obviously a reason why 20% of Gen Z hold that positive view. It's worth trying to unpack why that is. And trying to work out why does not equate to looking for excuses for it.

Upvote 0