Visit site
✟224,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
your case is weak as the context of the passaged I stated are long and inter related you are pulling a verse hear and there and trying to make a case that there is no Israel left in Bible prophecy and yet the mission of Jesus in Luke one is to one day take the throne of David and fulfill all the prophecies, promises oaths, and covenants with the house of Jacob to deliver them from their enemies and to enter a time of serving the LORD in holiness and safety all their days. I have tried to show you the latter day context and the literal performance of Jesus to perform exactly this. Secondly the scope of Dan 9 70th week is Daniels people and the HOLY city and the before and after picture is abundantly clear and the literal sense is lined up with present day reality and the LORD will accomplish this great work. You can hold your view and we will see as the events unfold.

You continue to sidestep that remnant was ordained to be regrafted throughout this age according to Zechariah 10:7-9; Jeremiah 31:1-2, 27-28; Ezekiel 34:2, 9-10, 23-26; Isaiah 49:5-7; and Hosea 2:14-23. These texts substantiate that the Church was ordained as the vehicle to restore both houses, especially Ephriam. It also substantiates the branches that remained upon the olive tree were the true Israel, which Paul affirms.

What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened. as it is written, "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that would not see and ears that would not hear, down to this very day." (Romans 11:7-8 ESV)​

What did the elect obtain? That would be the prophecies that they would do the will of the Father in Zechariah 10:7-9; Jeremiah 31:1-2, 27-28; Ezekiel 34:2, 9-10, 23-26; Isaiah 49:5-7; and Hosea 2:14-23.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Jeremiah 49:35-37 plainly says: the Lord will break the bow of Elam, bring disaster upon them and make an end of them.
Also confirmed by Zechariah 5:1-11, which describes nuke tipped missiles from Shinar. [Shinar = Elam and Media = Iran]

Yeah I don't really interpret Jeremiah 49 being about modern day Iran.
But I do think Israel will move against Iran prophecy or no.

Prophetically, I see Iran making moves in all directions (their militias in Syria, and Iraq, Hezbollah and Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, and the Houthis may already be a part of that), and then Turkey going to war against them and conquering them (Daniel 8, I don't hold to the "Alexander the Great" interpretation because of too many historical inconsistencies), as a part of reestablishing the Ottoman Empire, and Turkey then leads the Ezekiel 38/39 (I don't hold to Russia being Magog or "Rosh" (which is just stupid to see a word used almost 600 times in the bible this ONE TIME meaning something other than "Chief, Head, or Root" the way it's used the other almost 600 times) invasion against Israel.

But I don't think Iran gets nuclear weapons, otherwise Turkey would have to get them too to beat Iran.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
According to scriptural principles garnered from the word of God, certain elements can be held in abeyance in connection with others in prophecy, such as Isaiah 61:1-2. This is established in Luke 4:16-21 and other passages in the scriptures. This principle puts your classic dispensationalist’s perception of Hebrew 8:10-11 to rest in the eyes of those who are learned.
Jesus stated this truth: Father; I thank You for hiding these things, [the prophesies] from the wise and learned and revealing them to the uneducated. Matthew 11:25
I stand by the facts; the new Covenant is yet to be made, it will be agreed to when all the Christian peoples gather into all of the holy Land. Soon after the forthcoming Day of the Lord's fiery wrath cleanses the Middle east. Isaiah 35:1-10, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Romans 9L24-26

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I don't really interpret Jeremiah 49 being about modern day Iran.
But I do think Israel will move against Iran prophecy or no.
The Prophesies are clear; the Lord will destroy Iran and their Islamic allies at the moment they commence their attack on Israel. Psalms 7:12-16

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟224,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus stated this truth: Father; I thank You for hiding these things, [the prophesies] from the wise and learned and revealing them to the uneducated. Matthew 11:25
I stand by the facts; the new Covenant is yet to be made, it will be agreed to when all the Christian peoples gather into all of the holy Land. Soon after the forthcoming Day of the Lord's fiery wrath cleanses the Middle east. Isaiah 35:1-10, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Romans 9L24-26

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.​

So you too are sidestepping the affirmations that the remnant of both houses was ordained to be regrafted throughout this age according to Zechariah 10:7-9; Jeremiah 31:1-2, 27-28; Ezekiel 34:2, 9-10, 23-26; Isaiah 49:5-7; and Hosea 2:14-23. These texts substantiate that the Church was ordained as the vehicle to restore both houses, especially Ephriam. It also substantiates that in order to redeem the elect of Israel in the wilderness Christ must mediate the New Covenant.

But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. (Hebrew 12:22-24)​

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So you too are sidestepping the affirmations that the remnant of both houses was ordained to be regrafted throughout this age
Of course, most of the Christian believers ARE from the both Houses, Judah not very many, Israel a vast multitude.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟224,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course, most of the Christian believers ARE from the both Houses, Judah not very many, Israel a vast multitude.

Of course, what? Of course, a remnant of both houses was ordained to be regrafted throughout this age according to Zechariah 10:7-9; Jeremiah 31:1-2, 27-28; Ezekiel 34:2, 9-10, 23-26; Isaiah 49:5-7; and Hosea 2:14-23. And that these texts substantiate that the Church was ordained as the vehicle to restore both houses, especially Ephriam? Is that what you agree to?

The consequences to such agreement substates that the New Covenant of Jeremiah 31 was ordained for the first advent, because we can’t have them saved any other way but what the scriptures prophecy.

But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. (Hebrews 10:12-17)​

Christ forgave us our sins and iniquities at the cross, which IS the New Covenant of Jeremiah 31.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Christ forgave us our sins and iniquities at the cross, which IS the New Covenant of Jeremiah 31.
NONE of the six tenets of the New Covenant are fulfilled yet.
They will be when all the Christian peoples gather into all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:25-31, Isaiah 59:20-21, Isaiah 61:8, Jeremiah 31:34, Jeremiah 32:40

It is a common error to think that because we celebrate Communion, we are in the Covenant. Jesus HAS performed His side of the new Covenant, but we have yet to prove our faith and trust in Him.
This test is not very far away now, it will winnow out the tares, Matthew 3:12, 1 Peter 4:12

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟224,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NONE of the six tenets of the New Covenant are fulfilled yet.
They will be when all the Christian peoples gather into all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:25-31, Isaiah 59:20-21, Isaiah 61:8, Jeremiah 31:34, Jeremiah 32:40

It is a common error to think that because we celebrate Communion, we are in the Covenant. Jesus HAS performed His side of the new Covenant, but we have yet to prove our faith and trust in Him.
This test is not very far away now, it will winnow out the tares, Matthew 3:12, 1 Peter 4:12

You need to read a little more carefully.

Ezekiel 34:25-31 takes place in the wilderness not when they gather in the holy land.

Ezekiel 34:25 "I will make with them a covenant of peace and banish wild beasts from the land, so that they may dwell securely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods. ESV​

There is nothing in Isaiah 59 about a gathering!

Isaiah 61 was fulfilled at the first advent according to Luke 4.

And Jeremiah 31:34 is held in abeyance according to Isaiah 61 and Luke 4.

And Christ made an atonement for iniquity according to Daniel 9:24.

And Christ is the Mediator of the New Covenant according to the Epistle to the Hebrews.

And as ministers of the New Covenant, it is foolishness to say we are not IN said Covenant!

Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. (2 Corinthians 3:5-6)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
And as ministers of the New Covenant, it is foolishness to say we are not IN said Covenant!
The Prophesies are quite clear; the Lord will make a new Covenant with His holy People, when they are gathered into all of the holy Land.
Are you ordained by God to be a minister of the new Covenant now? You may be competent to be, but an event like in Exodus 17:1-9 will again take place, where everyone will say: Whatever the Lord requires; we will do.

It not too much longer and we will fulfil our destiny; of being His faithful people together in the Land: His witnesses and the Light to the nations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It not too much longer and we will fulfil our destiny; of being His faithful people together in the Land: His witnesses and the Light to the nations.
And in your solar flare event scenario, Christians move there, to build a temple and start up animal sacrifices again.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟224,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Prophesies are quite clear; the Lord will make a new Covenant with His holy People, when they are gathered into all of the holy Land.
Are you ordained by God to be a minister of the new Covenant now? You may be competent to be, but an event like in Exodus 17:1-9 will again take place, where everyone will say: Whatever the Lord requires; we will do.

Zechariah 10:7-9; Jeremiah 31:1-2, 27-28; Ezekiel 34:2, 9-10, 23-26; Isaiah 49:5-7, Hosea 2:14-23, and Matthew 13:24-30 make it quite clear that both houses have been in the process of being redeemed throughout this age through the New Covenant. Christ already made the New Covenant with his people.

And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me." And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood. (Luke 22:19-20 ESV)

But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. (Hebrews 10:12-17 KJV)​

Christ made an atonement for iniquity according to Daniel 9:24.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Christ made an atonement for iniquity according to Daniel 9:24.
Yes, I have to say that tenet of Daniel 9:24 was fulfilled by Jesus.
But our side of the new Covenant remains unfulfilled as yet.
And in your solar flare event scenario, Christians move there, to build a temple and start up animal sacrifices again.
I promote what the Prophetic Word says:
There will be a massive CME worldwide disaster. Isaiah 30:26a, +
We will gather and live in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:11-16, +
We will build the new Temple. Zechariah 6:15, +
we will offer sacrifices and thank offerings in it. Isaiah 56:7, +

Any objections to these future things are overruled by God.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟224,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I have to say that tenet of Daniel 9:24 was fulfilled by Jesus.
But our side of the new Covenant remains unfulfilled as yet.

When Christ comes and ends probation, then there won’t be any need for the New Covenant because “they shall all know” Christ, “from the least of them to the greatest.”

You sidestep other aspects of the controversy just like the atonement for iniquity. The most significant part of the New Covenant is that through Christ, once again, our sins and iniquities are forgiven.

Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. (Hebrews 10:15-17)​

The New Covenant was always intended as a first advent phenomenon, inasmuch as the prophets saw this age, which is the source of the parables from Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟224,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Christ inaugurated the New Covenant, but did not fulfill its application to Israel, which I believe will take place at the 2nd Coming. Ephraim no longer exists as a tribe, as none of the tribes exist any longer. All the tribes have been absorbed into "the Jewish People." As such, the promise to all tribes will be fulfilled in them when they are politically delivered for all time from their enemies at the 2nd Coming of Christ.

I'm not a Preterist, but I would agree with them that the bulk of the Olivet Discourse was fulfilled in the Jewish Punishment which began in 70 AD and continues throughout the age. I do *not* agree with them that all future prophecy was completed in the early centuries of the Church.

I am a Futurist, but I disagree with Dispensationalists who view the Abomination of Desolation in the Olivet Discourse as the Antichrist. I feel the AoD is the Roman Army that besieged Jerusalem in 66-70 AD.

I do believe in the future deliverance of Israel, which will be a political deliverance from enemies who had abused them in exile. And it will lead to a spiritual revival in the nation, ensuring that "never again" will they see this kind of national punishment.

Thanks for your thoughts. We disagree, but this is an opportunity to express our own thoughts.

Sorry I missed this one, but I don’t want to leave anyone out who attempted to side-step Zechariah 10:7-9; Jeremiah 31:1-2, 27-28; Ezekiel 34:2, 9-10, 23-26; Isaiah 49:5-7, Hosea 2:14-23, and Matthew 13:24-30.

That’s exactly what you do when you assert that God has not applied his atonement for the "sin and iniquity" provision of the New Covenant to the descendants who were sown in the world in the Great Commission.

Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. (Hebrews 10:15-17)​

Zechariah 10:7-9; Jeremiah 31:1-2, 27-28; Ezekiel 34:2, 9-10, 23-26; Isaiah 49:5-7, Hosea 2:14-23 prophesied that Christ would redeem both houses in the wilderness, which is plainly accomplished by the application of the "sin and iniquity" provision of the New Covenant

As to Ephriam, it’s folly to assert the descendants of Ephriam do not exist. That’s to whom the prophecies pertain. They are foreseen to appear as Gentiles, you know (Hosea 7:8)!

And as for the AOD, I agree. But that makes the little horn an ancient entity, in support of Historicism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry I missed this one, but I don’t want to leave anyone out who attempted to side-step Zechariah 10:7-9; Jeremiah 31:1-2, 27-28; Ezekiel 34:2, 9-10, 23-26; Isaiah 49:5-7, Hosea 2:14-23, and Matthew 13:24-30.

That’s exactly what you do when you assert that God has not applied his atonement for the "sin and iniquity" provision of the New Covenant to the descendants who were sown in the world in the Great Commission.

Zechariah 10:7-9; Jeremiah 31:1-2, 27-28; Ezekiel 34:2, 9-10, 23-26; Isaiah 49:5-7, Hosea 2:14-23 prophesied that Christ would redeem both houses in the wilderness, which is plainly accomplished by the application of the "sin and iniquity" provision of the New Covenant

As to Ephriam, it’s folly to assert the descendants of Ephriam do not exist. That’s to whom the prophecies pertain. They are foreseen to appear as Gentiles, you know (Hosea 7:8)!

And as for the AOD, I agree. But that makes the little horn an ancient entity, in support of Historicism.

Sorry, but I think you're wrong on all counts.
1) I don't believe the Little Horn of Dan 7 was fulfilled historically. He is the future Antichrist who is destroyed at the coming of the Kingdom of Christ.

2) Ephraim clearly isn't a tribe any longer. The 12 tribes were in existence in ancient times, and were nothing more than genealogies by the time of the Davidic kings, although Judah and Levi remained important for obvious reasons. Basically, the boundaries had been rewritten after the captivities.

3) I did not say that Christ's atonement was not legally valid for everybody. In fact it was, though it is only applied when there is repentance in the name of Jesus.

My argument was the Israel, as a nation, will respond in history to Christianity in a positive way only at the coming of Christ. Up to that point, the majority are ruled by Rabbinic Judaism, and only a small minority are Messianic Jews, ie Christians.

In other words, the prophecy of Jeremiah concerning the New Covenant did not indicate when it legally took effect, which was at the cross. Rather, it is speaking to Israel concerning the time of their final restoration, which will be at the 2nd Coming of Christ.

That is when they will repent in the name of Jesus as a society and enable their entire nation to become a Christian nation. It was a prophecy specifically given for Israel concerning the time of their national restoration and salvation. It was not a prophecy of when the New Covenant would initially take effect at the 1st Coming of Christ, though the insinuation is there that Messiah would be the one initiating it.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In other words, the prophecy of Jeremiah concerning the New Covenant did not indicate when it legally took effect, which was at the cross. Rather, it is speaking to Israel concerning the time of their final restoration, which will be at the 2nd Coming of Christ.
Well, since in Jeremiah 31:31 is with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah - it does not happen as bible prophecy fulfillment until the days that the two are joined together as one nation again. Which that took place in 1948.

And as bible prophecy fulfillment, will be within the fig tree generation. And as in Revelation 12:10, in the middle part of the seven years, after their future failed experience of thinking the Antichrist is their messiah.

The whole house of Israel will be believers in Jesus and the new covenant for the second half of the 7 years. And them who do not flee to the mountains in time, will be vulnerable to persecution by Satan in Revelation 12:17.

Israel, descendants of the twelve tribes, 10 tribes of the house of Israel, 2 tribes of the house of Judah - will be believers in Jesus, when he returns to this earth to rescue them and to end the great tribulation - shortened (limited) for the sake of the elect, the whole house of Israel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, since in Jeremiah 31:31 is with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah - it does not happen as bible prophecy fulfillment until the days that the two are joined together as one nation again. Which that took place in 1948.

And as bible prophecy fulfillment, will be within the fig tree generation. And as in Revelation 12:10, in the middle part of the seven years, after their future failed experience of thinking the Antichrist is their messiah.

The whole house of Israel will be believers in Jesus and the new covenant for the second half of the 7 years. And them who do not flee to the mountains in time, will be vulnerable to persecution by Satan in Revelation 12:17.

Israel, descendants of the twelve tribes, 10 tribes of the house of Israel, 2 tribes of the house of Judah - will be believers in Jesus, when he returns to this earth to rescue them and to end the great tribulation - shortened (limited) for the sake of the elect, the whole house of Israel.

Doug please don't be offended if I have a completely different set of beliefs than you! I've largely held to your scenario in ages past, but do so no longer. I've had too many years to face the problems associated with those positions, and now have many of them worked out at least to my satisfaction, although I remain open.

I only believe in a 3.5 year reign of Antichrist, and it is not related to Daniel's 70 th Week. I believe that was completely fulfilled at Christ's 1st Coming.

The Olivet Discourse, I believe, was largely fulfilled with the destruction of the Jewish temple in 70 AD. In fact, Jesus told us that explicitly.

However, the fall of Jerusalem was just the beginning of a long age of punishment for the Jewish People which Jesus called the "Great Tribulation," the worst punishment in Jewish history, since it lasts an entire age!

So the "Fig Tree" generation was, I believe, the generation of Jesus' apostles, whose contemporaries actually saw the fall of Jerusalem to the Romans in 70 AD. The initial "birth pains" were warning signs of God's impending judgment against the Jewish People, as well as signs that their Messiah would not just come as Savior, but also, as Judge.

So we don't have much of a timetable for the restoration of Israel except that we are told it will be at Jesus' 2nd Coming. It will be at the Coming of Christ to destroy the Antichrist and to finally liberate Israel from pagan oppression for all time!

The tribes of Israel did not come together in 1967, but way, way back when Israel became a kingdom instead of a set of tribes. God always intended for it to become a nation, intertwine with His heavenly Kingdom. But the tribes faded away as the two kingdoms emerged, north and south.

And after the captivities, all that was left were those who had traveled to Jerusalem to retain proper worship there. That's why all 12 tribes are now fulfilled in the "Jewish People." Their full inheritance is still on the table, and will be fulfilled at Christ's 2nd Coming, I believe.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
However, the fall of Jerusalem was just the beginning of a long age of punishment for the Jewish People which Jesus called the "Great Tribulation," the worst punishment in Jewish history, since it lasts an entire age!
Randy, what triggers the beginning of the Great Tribulation - according to Jesus, in Matthew 24:15-22 ?

It is the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place, spoken of by the prophet Daniel.

So in Daniel 12:11-12, the abomination of desolation is in place 1335 days, the length of the Great Tribulation.

That is not an entire age.

The tribes of Israel did not come together in 1967, but way, way back when Israel became a kingdom instead of a set of tribes. God always intended for it to become a nation, intertwine with His heavenly Kingdom. But the tribes faded away as the two kingdoms emerged, north and south.
1948, not 1967.

In Judaism, being a Jew goes by if the mother is a Jew. What tribe goes by the father. Most Jews themselves don't know what tribe they are of. They believe when the messiah comes, he will identify for them what tribe they are of.

Biblically speaking though, Ezekiel 37:19-22, is where it is prophesied the rejoining of the northern kingdom (the ten tribes) with the southern kingdom (the two tribes) back at one kingdom, no longer two nations. In verse 22.

It happened on May 14, 1948, because in Isaiah 66:7-8, it speaks of the nation being born in one day.

The 1967 year is the basis for the parable of the fig tree generation as Jerusalem came back into the hands of the Jews. The fig tree representing Jerusalem, because Jesus cursed a fig tree beside the road, as he was entering Jerusalem, knowing that generation of Jews would reject him as their king.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟224,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but I think you're wrong on all counts.
1) I don't believe the Little Horn of Dan 7 was fulfilled historically. He is the future Antichrist who is destroyed at the coming of the Kingdom of Christ.

2) Ephraim clearly isn't a tribe any longer. The 12 tribes were in existence in ancient times, and were nothing more than genealogies by the time of the Davidic kings, although Judah and Levi remained important for obvious reasons. Basically, the boundaries had been rewritten after the captivities.

3) I did not say that Christ's atonement was not legally valid for everybody. In fact it was, though it is only applied when there is repentance in the name of Jesus.

My argument was the Israel, as a nation, will respond in history to Christianity in a positive way only at the coming of Christ. Up to that point, the majority are ruled by Rabbinic Judaism, and only a small minority are Messianic Jews, ie Christians.

That is when they will repent in the name of Jesus as a society and enable their entire nation to become a Christian nation. It was a prophecy specifically given for Israel concerning the time of their national restoration and salvation. It was not a prophecy of when the New Covenant would initially take effect at the 1st Coming of Christ, though the insinuation is there that Messiah would be the one initiating it.

Again, you’re avoiding the implications of Zechariah 10:7-9; Jeremiah 31:1-2, 27-28; Ezekiel 34:2, 9-10, 23-26; Isaiah 49:5-7, Hosea 2:14-23, and Matthew 13:24-30.

In so doing you’re missing the historical and scriptural evidence that said texts are addressing for the most part the northern kingdom of Israel, Ephriam, not a mere tribe and not simply the southern kingdom of Judah. The northern kingdom was led captive by Assyria and in Christ’s time the Jewish historian Flavius Josephus wrote that "there are but two tribes in Asia and Europe subject to the Romans, while the ten tribes are beyond Euphrates till now, and are an immense multitude, and not to be estimated by numbers". It was the descendants of Ephraim that Peter ministered to in his epistles as they were the ordained “nation” that bears the fruit of the vineyard in Matthew 21:43.

Your arguments are based on dispensationalism and its perception of Romans 11. As the texts in Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Hosea, and the parables of Christ affirm, Paul’s statement that “all” of Israel shall be saved when their partial hardening ends can only be rightly interpreted as the number of the elect is complete at the time the Church’s probation closes. The dispensationalist’s perception that God resumes redemption of the descendants of Israel at Christ’s return cannot stand against Zechariah 10:7-9; Jeremiah 31:1-2, 27-28; Ezekiel 34:2, 9-10, 23-26; Isaiah 49:5-7, Hosea 2:14-23, and Matthew 13:24-30. God has been redeeming the elect descendants of Ephraim and Judah through the Church and New Covenant since the first advent and their number is complete when Judah’s hardening is lifted.

As to the AOD, the defilement of the sanctuary is bound to the little horn and by your own admission the Romans were instrumental in its fulfillment and that the horn also plays a part at the second advent, you actually support that the little horn represents an ancient entity, in support of Historicism.

Last edited:
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0