Finland
✟14,098.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks guys for your contributions. I have actually read bible a dozen or so times over. Some of the Great book is quite clear to me but especially the topics around eschatology are soo mysterious and scattered all over the texts with full mesh of crosslinks that they just don’t open up to me when I pass by them. This makes it intriguing but also calls for some systematic approach, which I am sure many have already developed.

And of course, unless God wants or allows me to do that I have no chance of understanding anything. No matter the system.

I am kind of shooting blind here same time and feeling if this is something for me. I tend to get exited about some things and I would love to be on fire for something like this.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Thanks guys for your contributions. I have actually read bible a dozen or so times over. Some of the Great book is quite clear to me but especially the topics around eschatology are soo mysterious and scattered all over the texts with full mesh of crosslinks that they just don’t open up to me when I pass by them. This makes it intriguing but also calls for some systematic approach, which I am sure many have already developed.

And of course, unless God wants or allows me to do that I have no chance of understanding anything. No matter the system.

I am kind of shooting blind here same time and feeling if this is something for me. I tend to get exited about some things and I would love to be on fire for something like this.

I would recommend that you create an Excel Spreadsheet and begin collecting and organizing all Scriptures that deal with Eschatology, or anything else that you are attempting to understand. In a column for notes, create them, going so far as to ask yourself questions. Spend time in the Word. If Jesus is your Master, and you are His Slave, then treat Him like He is your Master and act as though a Slave, and make the Lord your primary focus and concern. Nothing else should matter in relationship to the Father, Son, and Spirit.

Reactions: Pekka
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

In the Church's great Creed, the Nicene Creed, we keep our eschatology short, sweet, and simple:

The Creed says of Christ, "He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father, He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and His kingdom will not end." and then also the Creed adds later on "we look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the Age to Come. Amen.".

Here the rudimentary and basic faith of the Christian Church is expressed: Christ will come again as judge of the living and the dead (John 5:26-29, 2 Timothy 4:1), there will be bodily resurrection (John 6:39-40, Daniel 12:2, Isaiah 26:19, Philippians 3:20-21, 1 Corinthians 15:12-58, Romans 8:11) and God will make all things new (Isaiah 65:17, Acts 3:21, 2 Peter 3:13, Revelation 21:1-5), and there shall be life everlasting (John 3:16, John 11:25-26, Romans 6:23, 1 Timothy 1:16).

Hold to these things and you will have all that you need.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Pekka
Upvote 0