Eschatological and Millennial Theories and their problems.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Answer concerning pre-trib, part 1:

Who said we do not have scripture to support out pre-trib position? No one except those who imagine they have scriptural proof that the rapture will not be pre-trib.

Jesus spoke of the rapture, saying, “I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” (John 14:2-3)

But we also read, “that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.” (1 Thessalonians 3:13)

In the first passage above our Lord says “I will come again and receive you to Myself.” The second one speaks of “the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.” It is obvious that His coming to receive us to Himself has to take place before His coming “with all His saints.” The words used by the Holy Spirit do not allow any other conclusion. But how long before “the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.” will He “come again and receive” us to Himself?

The answer to this question begins with the promise, “Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.” (Revelation 3:10) The Greek word translated from in this verse is ek, (word number 1537 in Strong’s Greek Dictionary) which indeed means from, but in the sense of away from or out of.

Some imagine that this only means out of after being in the “hour of trial.” But Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament defines ek, as it is used in Revelation 3:10, to mean “to keep one at a distance from.” Indeed, this becomes obvious when we consider the word “keep” in this phrase. This word is translated from the Greek word tereo. (word number 5083 in Strong’s Greek Dictionary) It literally means to guard, but in the scriptures was usually used in the sense of our English word keep, and is so translated more than two-thirds of the times tero occurs in the Greek text of the New Testament. So it is clear that the real meaning of this promise is to be kept out of “the hour of trial.” { To really understand this, we need to consider another promise made concerning a part of the same time period. The Lord said to Israel, “Ask now, and see, Whether a man is ever in labor with child? So why do I see every man with his hands on his loins Like a woman in labor, And all faces turned pale? Alas! For that day is great, So that none is like it; And it is the time of ·Jacob's trouble, But he shall be saved out of it.” (Jeremiah 30:6-7) In this case, the Hebrew word translated saved is yasha’. (word number 3467 in Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary) This Hebrew word means saved in the sense of succor. In the KJV, this Hebrew word is rendered save 149 times, deliver 13 times, help 12 times, and once as rescue. We notice this to clearly understand that this Hebrew word carries an entirely different sense from the Greek word tereo used in Revelation 3:10. In one case, the Lord promised to help some of His own get through a time of trouble designed for themselves. In the other, He promised to keep others of His own out of a time of testing designed for others.}

But what is this “the hour of trial” that they will be kept out of? The Greek word translated hour in this passage is hora. (word number 5610 in Strong’s Greek Dictionary) This Greek word literally means hour, but is often used figuratively for a period of time. But what hour are they promised to be kept out of? It is not just some general period of time. It is a specific one. It is “the hour of trial.” It is specifically called “the hour,” for the word “the” is in the Greek text, as the word ho. (word number 3588 in Strong’s Greek Dictionary)

{Unlike English, in both Biblical Greek and Hebrew, definite articles are normally used only for stress. If the word “the” is in the original text, it means the thing being referred to is a particular thing, not just something in general.}

But what “hour of trial” is this specific time that they a (word number 3588 in Strong’s Greek Dictionary) re they promised to be kept out of? It is “the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.”

There is a specific “hour of trial” coming “to test those who dwell on the earth.” When we see the reason this hour is coming we understand the term “hour of trial.” For the Greek word here translated to test is peirasmon. (a singular infinitive of peirasmos, word number 3985 in Strong’s Greek Dictionary) This literally means exactly as it is translated, to test. So we see that this scripture explicitly tells us that there is a particular time of testing coming, and that the purpose of that time is “to test those who dwell on the earth.” Its purpose is not to test the saints of God, but “those who dwell on the earth.” This is a moral class, those whose hearts are on the earth, rather than in heaven. This moral class is named in these words eight times in the Revelation, and always in a negative light.{See Revelation 3:10, 11:10, 13:8, 13:12, 13:14 (twice) 14:6 and 17:8 See them also as “inhabitants of the earth” in Revelation 12:12.}

But we are also told where this time of testing will come. It “shall come upon the whole world.” The Greek word translated whole in this clause is holos. (word number 3650 in Strong’s Greek Dictionary) This Greek word literally means whole, or all, that is, complete. That is, there is no part of the world that will be exempted from this time of testing. So there is coming a specific time of testing, and it is coming upon the whole world. But the Lord’s own are promised that they will be kept out of that time of testing. Now if this time is coming upon the whole world, but the Lord’s own will be kept out of it, they cannot be in the world during that time of testing. So we see that Revelation 3:10 says the Lord’s own will be removed from the earth before this time of testing begins.

We see this again in a passage about Noah and Lot. “For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)—then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment.” (2 Peter 2:4-9)

Here the Holy Spirit gives us two specific examples, Noah and Lot, both of whom were physically removed from the scene of judgment before it took place. Then, in the context of these two examples, the Holy Spirit said, “then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment.” (2 Peter 2:9)

Thus the Holy Spirit showed His intention to “deliver the godly out of temptations” by physically removing them from the scene “of temptations” before they take place, just as He did for Noah and Lot. The Greek word here translated from is the same ek used in Revelation 3:10, which normally means from in the sense of away from or out of. And the Greek word translated temptations is peirasmon, the same word that was used in Revelation 3:10. There are no accidents in the precise wording of scripture. The fact that the Holy Spirit used these same two words in these two parallel passages is highly significant.

Again, we read of the coming of “the man of sin.” The Holy Spirit said “And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.” (2 Thessalonians 2:6-8) In this scripture the Holy Spirit first clearly identified the restrainer as a personality by calling him He. Then He said “you know what is restraining.” He did not say “you should know,” or “you ought to know.” He said “you know.” This makes it plain that he was speaking of Himself. No other possible individual could be so obvious he did not need to be named.

We are told that “He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.” How can this be, when Jesus said, “I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.” (John 14:16-17) One scripture tells us “the Spirit of truth”is given “that He may abide with you forever.” The other says that He will be “taken out of the way.” How can one who will “abide with you forever” be “taken out of the way?”

We read in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 that “the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.” The Holy Spirit, “the Spirit of truth,”is truly given “that He may abide with you forever.” But Jesus, “the Lord Himself,” will also “descend from heaven” and catch us up “to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.”

This event has to be the time when the Holy Spirit is “taken out of the way.” This is because the Holy Spirit will be with the saints of God forever, so He cannot be “taken out of the way” either before or after the saints of God are removed from this earth.

It is therefore plain that the Holy Spirit will be “taken out of the way” at the same time the Saints of God will be “caught up... in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.” But it is only after that happens that “the lawless one will be revealed.” For we remember that “the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed.” (2 Thessalonians 2:6-8) So this scripture, which shows that the Holy Spirit will be “taken out of the way” before the Antichrist, “the lawless one,” will be revealed thereby shows that the rapture has to take place before that time.

We see this again in the parable of the ten virgins, where we read that “the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’” (Matthew 25:10-12) here we plainly see “those who were ready” taken into the wedding while “the other virgins” are held outside a door that remains closed in spite of their pleading. The fact that the door remains closed for those that were not “ready” is highlighted in 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12, where we are told that “they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” But we need to remember that this is after “those who were ready went in with him to the wedding.” That is, at the time of the rapture.

Finally, in Revelation 4:4 we read, “Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads.” As there were twelve tribes in Israel and twelve apostles, this appears to indicate the presence of all the Old Testament and New Testament saints of God already in heaven before the beginning of the seal and trumpet visions of Revelation six through nine. While this is only interpretation, it is yet another reason for concluding that the rapture comes before the tribulation period.
You are still all hat and no cattle. You can adjust scripture to make it fit your agenda. But direct quotes will not allow for this. Since you have no direct quotes, only dead silence from scripture on your pivotal points, your system is as false as any the JWs or others ever contrived.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are still all hat and no cattle. You can adjust scripture to make it fit your agenda. But direct quotes will not allow for this. Since you have no direct quotes, only dead silence from scripture on your pivotal points, your system is as false as any the JWs or others ever contrived.
Dave, I don't think anyone is claiming the words pre-trib, post-trib, mid-trib, pre-wrath are in the bible. Muslims use the same sort of argument in saying nowhere in the bible did Jesus say "I am God".

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If you had scripture to support a gap in the 70 weeks, and scripture to support a pre-trib rapture, it would make sense to consider your position. But you have no scriptural basis for it.
Answer, part 3:

Actually, my entire eschatology comes from Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, the twelve minor prophets, as well as from Genesis, Deuteronomy, and Psalms from the Old Testament, as well from Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, Hebrews, I Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, James, and the Revelation from the New Testament.

In actuality, when I made the index to my 300 page book, "Keys to Bible Prophecy," I found that there were only about ten or twelve books of the Bible that I had not quoted.

The delayed fulfillment of the seventieth week and the pre-trib rapture are both only details in the great overarching scenario presented in these many books of the Bible. This great overarching theme is that eventually Judah (who in the mean time would have come back to the land) will be brought to repentance through an unparalleled time of trouble, and then will be delivered by the coming of Messiah, who will then deliver Judah, defeat the surrounding nations, bring back all the rest of Israel, and purge the rebels from among their midst as they return. Then all the rest will repent and turn back to the Lord with their whole hearts, and will be settled in their land and there blessed by God. Then the blessing will flow out from them to the entire world.

None of this is interpretation, for all of it is explicitly stated in various prophecies, spread out throughout the Holy Scriptures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So that would make Russia a nation, not Meschech and tubal

That would make Jordan a nation. The amorite nation no longer exists.

Modern Identities are not the same as 2500 year old ancient tribal nations.

Is America the same nation as those that immigrated to it?
The peoples of Meshech, Tubal, and Ammon still exist. There is no possible escape from this fact.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I have provided scriptures which clearly show these two details, even though they do not directly state either of them. But, rather than pivotal points, as you imagine, they are both only details. The great bulk of my eschatological scheme is directly and explicitly stated in scripture. There is so much explicitly stated in scripture that even a short review takes many posts. I have already posted much of this in the following threads:

Who will be in the land during Daniel’s seventieth week? http://www.christianforums.com/t6429517-19/

The neglected character in end time prophecy
http://www.christianforums.com/t6571768-4/

The End Time King of Judah
http://www.christianforums.com/t7585242-5/

What Happens When Messiah Comes
http://www.christianforums.com/t7324109-5/

The Restoration of Israel, as Described in the Holy Scriptures http://www.christianforums.com/t7737854-38/

Scripture prophesies a future temporary earthly kingdom. http://www.christianforums.com/t7548942-6/

The physical descendants of the ancient nation of Israel. http://www.christianforums.com/t7715745-10/

New Testament Promises of Israel’s Restoration
http://www.christianforums.com/t7711183-24/

The unfulfilled promise of Israel’s repentance
http://www.christianforums.com/t5835530/

The unfulfilled promise to David http://www.christianforums.com/t5844429-7/

The unfulfilled promise to Abraham
http://www.christianforums.com/t5766758-5/

The True Meaning of Romans 9-11
http://www.christianforums.com/t7716736/#post62199250

On the other hand, you have no direct quotes from scripture to support any portion of your imagined end time scenario, but the threads listed above contain a great many direct quotes from scripture that clearly and explicitly contradict your scenario.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The peoples of Meshech, Tubal, and Ammon still exist. There is no possible escape from this fact.

It is a fact that there is no nation named by Meshech, tubal, Ammon, or Hittite today. 2500 years of mixing races and cultures along with mass migrations would would genetically diversify the tribal nations that existed during the time of Ezekiel.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have provided scriptures which clearly show these two details, even though they do not directly state either of them. But, rather than pivotal points, as you imagine, they are both only details. The great bulk of my eschatological scheme is directly and explicitly stated in scripture. There is so much explicitly stated in scripture that even a short review takes many posts. I have already posted much of this in the following threads:

Who will be in the land during Daniel’s seventieth week? http://www.christianforums.com/t6429517-19/

The neglected character in end time prophecy
http://www.christianforums.com/t6571768-4/

The End Time King of Judah
http://www.christianforums.com/t7585242-5/

What Happens When Messiah Comes
http://www.christianforums.com/t7324109-5/

The Restoration of Israel, as Described in the Holy Scriptures http://www.christianforums.com/t7737854-38/

Scripture prophesies a future temporary earthly kingdom. http://www.christianforums.com/t7548942-6/

The physical descendants of the ancient nation of Israel. http://www.christianforums.com/t7715745-10/

New Testament Promises of Israel’s Restoration
http://www.christianforums.com/t7711183-24/

The unfulfilled promise of Israel’s repentance
http://www.christianforums.com/t5835530/

The unfulfilled promise to David http://www.christianforums.com/t5844429-7/

The unfulfilled promise to Abraham
http://www.christianforums.com/t5766758-5/

The True Meaning of Romans 9-11
http://www.christianforums.com/t7716736/#post62199250

On the other hand, you have no direct quotes from scripture to support any portion of your imagined end time scenario, but the threads listed above contain a great many direct quotes from scripture that clearly and explicitly contradict your scenario.
JWs do a fine job of making scripture fit their agenda. And this is the key to understanding your position. The idea is however dropping all of your theories and conjectures and let scripture interpret scripture. But you have two big holes with nothing in them. And you build your case around them.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Answer concerning pre-trib, part 2:

Answer, part 3:

Actually, my entire eschatology comes from Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, the twelve minor prophets, as well as from Genesis, Deuteronomy, and Psalms from the Old Testament, as well from Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, Hebrews, I Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, James, and the Revelation from the New Testament.

In actuality, when I made the index to my 300 page book, "Keys to Bible Prophecy," I found that there were only about ten or twelve books of the Bible that I had not quoted.

The delayed fulfillment of the seventieth week and the pre-trib rapture are both only details in the great overarching scenario presented in these many books of the Bible. This great overarching theme is that eventually Judah (who in the mean time would have come back to the land) will be brought to repentance through an unparalleled time of trouble, and then will be delivered by the coming of Messiah, who will then deliver Judah, defeat the surrounding nations, bring back all the rest of Israel, and purge the rebels from among their midst as they return. Then all the rest will repent and turn back to the Lord with their whole hearts, and will be settled in their land and there blessed by God. Then the blessing will flow out from them to the entire world.

None of this is interpretation, for all of it is explicitly stated in various prophecies, spread out throughout the Holy Scriptures.
Until you provide direct support from scripture for a gap in the 70 weeks and a pre-trib rapture people are wasting their time with you.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dave, I don't think anyone is claiming the words pre-trib, post-trib, mid-trib, pre-wrath are in the bible. Muslims use the same sort of argument in saying nowhere in the bible did Jesus say "I am God".
The words are not in the bible. That's not the problem. The problem is that those three concepts are not in the bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
JWs do a fine job of making scripture fit their agenda. And this is the key to understanding your position. The idea is however dropping all of your theories and conjectures and let scripture interpret scripture. But you have two big holes with nothing in them. And you build your case around them.
Still you have no evidences and no understanding and nothing but denial

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We remember your ridiculous claims about this passage. But "Messiah the prince" and "the prince that shall come" are two different designations, regardless of what you say.

"As "the people of" "the prince that shall come" were going to "destroy the city and the sanctuary" we know, of a certainty that "the prince that shall come will be a Roman. For it was the Romans that destroyed the city and the sanctuary.

The only individual identified as a prince in the passage is Messiah. That is what Scripture explicitly and literally says.

Messiah was not a Roman.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still you have no evidences and no understanding and nothing but denial
You are the one in search of justification for your theories. And no justification from scripture exists. Only silence. Where's the gap proof? Where's the pre-trib rapture proof?

• Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus's people were not the Romans, so the prince was not him. Jesus was born a Jew.

We don't know who, by name yet, the prince who shall come is. But he will be associated with Romans in some way.

The prince is Messiah throughout, Daniel 9:25-27. The people of the prince refers to the Roman armies which were Messiah's agents and instruments to accomplish the judgment and destruction which He had prophesied. God's use of such instruments, and His characterization of them as "mine" even though pagan, can be found in several OT instances e.g.:

Jeremiah 25
9 Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the Lord, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations.

Jeremiah 43
10 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will send and take Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will set his throne upon these stones that I have hid; and he shall spread his royal pavilion over them.

God characterizes the pagan Nebuchadnezzar as "my servant" in using him and his armies against Judah and Egypt. In the same way as Nebuchadnezzar, though a pagan, was God's servant in executing His judgment, so too were the pagan Roman armies Christ's people in accomplishing His purposes.

There is another legitimate sense wherein the Jews themselves, as the people of Prince Messiah, were equally responsible for the judgment that ultimately befell them. Their own actions in defiling the temple prior to the Roman invasion are described by Josephus:

The Lamentation of Josephus
War 5.1.4 19-20

The darts that were thrown by the engines [of the seditious factions] came with that force, that they went over all the buildings and the Temple itself, and fell upon the priests and those that were about the sacred offices; insomuch that many persons who came thither with great zeal from the ends of the earth to offer sacrifices at this celebrated place, which was esteemed holy by all mankind, fell down before their own sacrifices themselves, and sprinkled that altar which was venerable among all men, both Greeks and barbarians, with their own blood. The dead bodies of strangers were mingled together with those of their own country, and those of profane persons with those of the priests, and the blood of all sorts of dead carcasses stood in lakes in the holy courts themselves.
Oh most wretched city, what misery so great as this didst thou suffer from the Romans, when they came to purify thee from thy internal pollutions! For thou couldst be no longer a place fit for God, nor couldst thou longer survive, after thou hadst been a sepulchre for the bodies of thine own people, and hast made the Holy House itself a burying-place in this civil war of thine. Yet mayst thou again grow better, if perchance thou wilt hereafter appease the anger of that God who is the author of thy destruction.

As seen, Josephus recognizes the Jews as agents of their own destruction, and that destruction as divinely orchestrated.

Contemporary Jewish historians concur:
"The scene was now set for the revolt's final catastrophe. Outside Jerusalem, Roman troops prepared to besiege the city; inside the city, the Jews were engaged in a suicidal civil war. In later generations, the rabbis hyperbolically declared that the revolt's failure, and the Temple's destruction, was due not to Roman military superiority but to causeless hatred (sinat khinam) among the Jews (Yoma 9b). While the Romans would have won the war in any case, the Jewish civil war both hastened their victory and immensely increased the casualties. One horrendous example: In expectation of a Roman siege, Jerusalem's Jews had stockpiled a supply of dry food that could have fed the city for many years. But one of the warring Zealot factions burned the entire supply, apparently hoping that destroying this "security blanket" would compel everyone to participate in the revolt. The starvation resulting from this mad act caused suffering as great as any the Romans inflicted."

Thus Daniel 9:25-27 is descriptive of historically fulfilled prophetic events in which our Lord confirmed His covenant, and fully accomplished all of His purposes as described by His prophet Daniel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The prince is Messiah throughout, Daniel 9:25-27. The people of the prince refers to the Roman armies which were Christ's agents and instruments to accomplish the judgment and destruction which He had prophesied.
But the Romans were not Jesus's people.

Pilate had it placed on the cross...

John 19:19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 20 places the resurrection of the wicked after the millennium.

What Jesus said here places the resurrection of damnation on the day of His coming, which is at the start... of His future Millennium reign:

John 5:28-29
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

KJV

One of the requirements of proper Bible study is to make sure that all relevant Scripture is included before trying to establish a doctrine from God's Word. Because Jesus said that, it means the idea of the 'dead' in Revelation 20 doesn't mean still being literally in the grave in that future time, as I explained already from Scripture.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What Jesus said here places the resurrection of damnation on the day of His coming, which is at the start... of His future Millennium reign:

John 5:28-29
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

KJV

One of the requirements of proper Bible study is to make sure that all relevant Scripture is included before trying to establish a doctrine from God's Word. Because Jesus said that, it means the idea of the 'dead' in Revelation 20 doesn't mean still being literally in the grave in that future time, as I explained already from Scripture.

“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:4)

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. ” (Revelation 20:5)

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:6)

Upvote 0