Escaping racism video: Why We Left America to Live in Africa

Is racism really so bad in America that black Americans should want to immigrate to Africa?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe it would be wise to specify your target audience. You would not ask a lifelong atheist what it feels like, or how hard it is to be a Christian. And how would one look at the atheist who even attempts to answer that question...or even make a statement like: "It seems to be ______ no matter where you go and regardless of Religion." What value would that comment have, coming from an atheist?

If you desire wisdom, ask those with experience in the subject....and avoid speculation from the outside.
For how can one answer, if they have no experience in it?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The video:

Wow. Well I guess they at least put their money where their mouth is, unlike most Hollywood celebrities that talk about leaving the US, but never get around to it....

Africa though is no paradise, they got more problems there on average than we do. Years ago, I read some kind of study that tracked the economic well being of Kenyans (the people that were most taken as slaves to the US) who remained in their country, vs. your average African American US citizen, and the people of Liberia (a country started by freed American slaves returning back to Africa). And the American blacks were light years ahead of the Kenyans, and also vastly better off than the Liberians.

You know in spite of the rhetoric of racism, the big plus for these people is economics these people are kind of coming in like carpet baggers, since their US dollars can buy tons of goods. This is not evidence of racism..... This is almost like a politically correct version of colonialism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow. Well I guess they at least put their money where their mouth is, unlike most Hollywood celebrities that talk about leaving the US, but never get around to it....

Africa though is no paradise, they got more problems there on average than we do. Years ago, I read some kind of study that tracked the economic well being of Kenyans (the people that were most taken as slaves to the US) who remained in their country, vs. your average African American US citizen, and the people of Liberia (a country started by freed American slaves returning back to Africa). And the American blacks were light years ahead of the Kenyans, and also vastly better off than the Liberians.

You know in spite of the rhetoric of racism, the big plus for these people is economics these people are kind of coming in like carpet baggers, since their US dollars can buy tons of goods. This is not evidence of racism..... This is almost like a politically correct version of colonialism.

Not all "Blacks," value money and "economic well being," above all else. Some seem to value family and equally and love and peace over wealth and the ability to buy things.

To some, love and peace, respect and basic needs, trumps being wealthy while being treated like less than someone else because of the color of one of their organs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Africa is a big continent. I would guess about half is under quite duress with either rebel groups, poverty or health issues like Ebola, Malaria, Dengue fever. I also would worry about what happens to teens when they might start having sex in nations where Aids is 30% or more.
Another factor is how much in savings do you have? It is very hard to make a good living in Africa. So unless you have savings and can afford a nice house such as the one shown in the video, Africa is not that great of destination.
The saddest part of this whole conversation is why can't Blacks in America have majority controlled zones that are not prone to crime and poverty? I do think there are a few small towns like that in the south. However, every major city that has a significant number of blacks has way too much crime. This forces more wealthy blacks into more white suburbs, leading to more issues of racism in many places. I do hope race relations can overcome the problems that minorities face in the USA.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The saddest part of this whole conversation is why can't Blacks in America have majority controlled zones that are not prone to crime and poverty?
The saddest part of the conversation is that you, and many, believe this to be true.

If black people controlled more, there will be more crime and poverty.... And we cannot let that happen.

Maybe this is why they left.....dont think most people would view them in this light there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The saddest part of the conversation is that you, and many, believe this to be true.

If black people controlled more, there will be more crime and poverty.... And we cannot let that happen.

Maybe this is why they left.....dont think most people would view them in this light there.
I never said if they controlled more there would be more crime and poverty. I asked a question as to why blacks do not currently have areas where they are a majority and do not have crime or poverty issues? I do not favor segregation at all, but rather than move to Africa, perhaps upper class African Americans should consider creating their own suburbs where they could feel safe and have many of the same synergies as living in Africa.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is sad that one would make such blanket statements about a race, seemingly other their own, without doing any research about it, or caring about the effects your words could have on the young impressionable reader.

And so much for all being one in Christ Jesus.

There are a few case in history where African americans did have whole towns that were very prosperous and safe with businesses all owned by themselves. Do you know what happened to them? Im guessing not.

Look up "black wall street" or the incident in rosewood FL, before exclaiming what they cant do or should try to do.

Upvote 0

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It is sad that one would make such blanket statements about a race, seemingly other their own, without doing any research about it, or caring about the effects your words could have on the young impressionable reader.

There are a few case in history where African americans did have whole towns that were very prosperous and safe with businesses all owned by themselves. Do you know what happened to them? Im guessing not.

Look up "black wall street" or the incident in rosewood FL, before exclaiming what they cant do or should try to do.

You're forgetting the fact that the Tulsa race massacre happened in 1921, almost a hundred years ago. Back then racism against black people was normal. Things are much different these days. If any politician, celebrity, or public person says the N-word or otherwise makes a racist remark, their careers and lives will be ruined. Did you hear about the Paula Dean incident not too long ago? A celebrity chef privately admitted to using a racial slur in the past, and her reputation and status was over with. Paula Deen - Wikipedia Today America is arguably the most anti-racist country ever.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Seems like you would want Black Americans to cut and run to Africa. Meanwhile, I am somehow taken to task for suggesting that upper class Blacks could run their own suburbs, with their own businesses, police, schools and local governments. Seems to me the latter is preferable, more economic opportunities, better health care, etc. The atrocities against Blacks you give are over 100 years old, America has changed, besides, if Blacks are running their own towns, then why would racist police exist?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're forgetting the fact that the Tulsa race massacre happened in 1921, almost a hundred years ago. Back then racism against black people was normal. Things are much different these days. If any politician, celebrity, or public person says the N-word or otherwise makes a racist remark, their careers and lives will be ruined. Did you hear about the Paula Dean incident not too long ago? A celebrity chef privately admitted to using a racial slur in the past, and her reputation and status was over with. Paula Deen - Wikipedia Today America is arguably the most anti-racist country ever.

Seems like you would want Black Americans to cut and run to Africa. Meanwhile, I am somehow taken to task for suggesting that upper class Blacks could run their own suburbs, with their own businesses, police, schools and local governments. Seems to me the latter is preferable, more economic opportunities, better health care, etc. The atrocities against Blacks you give are over 100 years old, America has changed, besides, if Blacks are running their own towns, then why would racist police exist?

I will say the only thing you will be willing to hear and believe:

Maybe you guys are right...that stuff was in the past....maybe things arent as bad as they seem. Economics are better here and that should be all that matters.

Thanks for the conversation.

• Friendly
Reactions: Richard T
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wonder how long it'll be before the next tropical virus erupts, the next famine drops hundreds in the streets, or the next civil war brings warlords machine-gunning people wholesale, and they start begging to come back to America?

I am reminded of the black American cameraman in the 2007 movie Primeval, who states at one point, "I sure wouldn't want any of those white boys back home to hear me say this, but I really hate Africa! Africa sucks!"

Upvote 0

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wonder how long it'll be before the next tropical virus erupts, the next famine drops hundreds in the streets, or the next civil war brings warlords machine-gunning people wholesale, and they start begging to come back to America?

I am reminded of the black American cameraman in the 2007 movie Primeval, who states at one point, "I sure wouldn't want any of those white boys back home to hear me say this, but I really hate Africa! Africa sucks!"

UN demographers predict that the population of Nigeria will have over 732 million people by the year 2100. You can view the demographic projections of every country (and continent) in the world to the year 2100 here: https://www.populationpyramid.net/nigeria/2100/ When you consider that Nigeria is not that much larger than Texas, those numbers seem overwhelming. In fact, the entire African continent is expected to have over 4.2 billion people by the beginning of next century, according to that same site.

Naturally, population projections for Africa that far into the future don't consider that mass famines and other disasters will undoubtedly occur some time this century, since Africa can't handle such a huge population explosion. One thing is certain: Africa won't be a pretty place once disaster strikes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums