Equality Act

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟344,285.00
Faith
Pentecostal
no it was for the refusal of the psychiatric evaluation

No that's innacurate. Read the articles I posted. It was about transgender therapy. The order didn't state it was just for psych therapy. It allowed the grand parents to change the child's name and pursue transtherapy the judge even urged lawmakers to create laws to allow kids to pursue trans therapy. So it wasnt about psych therapy. The judge ordered psych therapy after she gave custody to grand parents. The child had already been diagnosed with gender dysphoria.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟344,285.00
Faith
Pentecostal
A suicide was prevented... and somehow you think that's problematic?

The judge in the case recognized that teens often use the threat of suicide in order to get their way. She did not take that into serious consideration. Studies and statistics show that suicide is not a serious threat involving transgender teens. In fact studies show that 80%+ teens cease their pursuit of being transgender after becoming an adult.
So in this case suicide was not imminent and the judge didn't stop anything of the sort.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,281,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The judge in the case recognized that teens often use the threat of suicide in order to get their way. She did not take that into serious consideration. Studies and statistics show that suicide is not a serious threat involving transgender teens. In fact studies show that 80%+ teens cease their pursuit of being transgender after becoming an adult.

You're very misinformed on this issue.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
No that's innacurate. Read the articles I posted. It was about transgender therapy. The order didn't state it was just for psych therapy. It allowed the grand parents to change the child's name and pursue transtherapy the judge even urged lawmakers to create laws to allow kids to pursue trans therapy. So it wasnt about psych therapy. The judge ordered psych therapy after she gave custody to grand parents. The child had already been diagnosed with gender dysphoria.
you are talking about the second order made by court of appeals judge Sylvia Sieve Hendon. The first order was about an independent psychiatric evaluation that the parents refused to have done.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The judge in the case recognized that teens often use the threat of suicide in order to get their way. She did not take that into serious consideration. Studies and statistics show that suicide is not a serious threat involving transgender teens.
I would ask for a citation for this claim but i don't believe you would actually produce an actual reference to back this up

In fact studies show that 80%+ teens cease their pursuit of being transgender after becoming an adult.
So in this case suicide was not imminent and the judge didn't stop anything of the sort.
You keep citing this well known fake study but no matter how many times you put it out it won't ever become true.
The author of the study is the chair of a known hate group and she took a group of children that were given puberty blockers even though 85% of the kids were on puberty blockers for precocious puberty and falsely claimed they had gender dysphoria. 85% of these people in her study were never transgender in the first place.

• Informative
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,281,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You're talking about trans people as if they all think alike. Some just want to go about their business, while others would be willing to take advantage of a situation such as being given access to the women's locker room where they get to be with women undressing and showering.

That's a bigoted perspective. How would you like it if I said not all Christians don't think alike. I'm sure some just want to mind their business, whereas others want to take advantage of historic privilege at the expense of the rights and interests of others.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,281,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, as I've said before, a person who has gender dysphoria or some other psychological disorder is suffering from a mental condition. Considering how we've gone from "Male and Female He created them"

What's this "we" business?

Careful, your white Christian nationalism is showing.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟667,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What's this "we" business?

Careful, your white Christian nationalism is showing.

Yeah, I know. Only white people are privileged to read the book of Genesis. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟667,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's a bigoted perspective. How would you like it if I said not all Christians don't think alike. I'm sure some just want to mind their business, whereas others want to take advantage of historic privilege at the expense of the rights and interests of others.

How I'd like it is irrelevant. It's not even the topic here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟925,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, as I've said before, a person who has gender dysphoria or some other psychological disorder is suffering from a mental condition. Considering how we've gone from "Male and Female He created them" to the idea that there are hundreds of different genders, and get into arguments about which pronoun to use, or even the idea that we should ban the words, "husband, wife, mother, father", etc., it should be no surprise that a man who thinks he's a woman, then tries to dress like one and undergo surgery to look like one would not entirely have the desires of one.
Elder transgender lesbians: exploring the intersection of age, lesbian sexual identity, and transgender identity - PubMed
Well lesbians already have access to women’s restrooms and locker rooms so what is the issue? What difference if the lesbian is a trans woman.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟667,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well lesbians already have access to women’s restrooms and locker rooms so what is the issue? What difference if the lesbian is a trans woman.

Are you asking why we don't just give up and open the door even wider to a growing number of chances for abuse?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟154,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you asking why we don't just give up and open the door even wider to a growing number of chances for abuse?
Can we get out of the bathrooms already?

Reactions: tall73
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟925,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m a woman. I’m not the least bit concerned about a trans woman in the bathroom or locker room. Worrying about a far fetched fantasy notion a man will “pretend” he’s a woman for access is just not worth my time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟667,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I’m a woman. I’m not the least bit concerned about a trans woman in the bathroom or locker room. Worrying about a far fetched fantasy notion a man will “pretend” he’s a woman for access is just not worth my time.

Not every woman will think that way for themselves, or especially those who have a young daughter she's responsible for. And if you think criminal sexual activity by someone willing to take advantage of an opportunity is a far fetched fantasy notion, then you should watch the news sometime at the very least.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟892,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You keep citing this well known fake study but no matter how many times you put it out it won't ever become true.

Here is a statement from the international WPATH Standards of Care, which notes multiple studies:

https://www.wpath.org/media/cms/Documents/SOC v7/SOC V7_English2012.pdf?_t=1613669341

An important difference between gender dysphoric children and adolescents is in the proportion for whom dysphoria persists into adulthood. Gender dysphoria during childhood does not inevitably continue into adulthood. Rather, in follow-up studies of prepubertal children (mainly boys) who were referred to clinics for assessment of gender dysphoria, the dysphoria persisted into adulthood for only 6-23"'% of children (Cohen-Kettenis, 2001; Zucker & Bradley, 1995*). Boys in these studies were more likely to identify as gay in adulthood than as transgender (Green, 1987; Money & Russo, 1979; Zucker & Bradley, 1995; Zuger, 1984). Newer studies, also including girls, showed a 12-27% persistence rate of gender dysphoria into adulthood (Drummond, Bradley, Peterson-Badali, & Zucker, 2008; Wallien & Cohen-Kettenis, "2008).

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟892,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In fact studies show that 80%+ teens cease their pursuit of being transgender after becoming an adult.

I would ask for a citation for this claim but i don't believe you would actually produce an actual reference to back this up

Here is a statement from the WPATH Standards of Care, which notes several studies:

https://www.wpath.org/media/cms/Documents/SOC v7/SOC V7_English2012.pdf?_t=1613669341

An important difference between gender dysphoric children and adolescents is in the proportion for whom dysphoria persists into adulthood. Gender dysphoria during childhood does not inevitably continue into adulthood. Rather, in follow-up studies of prepubertal children (mainly boys) who were referred to clinics for assessment of gender dysphoria, the dysphoria persisted into adulthood for only 6-23"'% of children (Cohen-Kettenis, 2001; Zucker & Bradley, 1995*). Boys in these studies were more likely to identify as gay in adulthood than as transgender (Green, 1987; Money & Russo, 1979; Zucker & Bradley, 1995; Zuger, 1984). Newer studies, also including girls, showed a 12-27% persistence rate of gender dysphoria into adulthood (Drummond, Bradley, Peterson-Badali, & Zucker, 2008; Wallien & Cohen-Kettenis, "2008).

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟344,285.00
Faith
Pentecostal

The author of the study is the chair of a known hate group and she took a group of children that were given puberty blockers even though 85% of the kids were on puberty blockers for precocious puberty and falsely claimed they had gender dysphoria. 85% of these people in her study were never transgender in the first place.

It's only a fake study to those that support the radical transgender agenda. A hate group to you is anyone who doesn't fully buy into this agenda. Those might find something besides what you want to believe and support. If it doesn't fully support the agenda then it's a hate group.

The Campaign of Lies Against Journalist Jesse Singal—And Why It Matters

When Children Say They’re Trans

We need balance when it comes to gender dysphoric kids. I would know | Opinion

Last edited:
Upvote 0