Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'll go with what Jesus says in John 15.
Those who are truly 'in Christ' will bear fruit. They are not in danger of being cut off, but have the promise of bearing more fruit.
1 Corinthians 1:30
And because of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption

One is either with Him or against Him. There is no middle ground. It is unsound to think that Jesus would consider those who are against Him as being in Him. Jesus was speaking of those who mistakenly consider themselves as being in Him.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Davy

Here's a good thread between two different views of the covenants from a non-dispensationalist view, although it is unrelated to our present discussion.

Well, first off, I am not... a Dispensationalist. Nor do I adhere to Darby's false pre-trib rapture theory.

I stick to what God's Word says as written, so that is not going to agree with many of men's seminary doctrines like, Preterism, Historicism, Amillennialism, Pre-trib Rapture, Mid-trib Rapture, Futurism, etc.

I was raised in a Preterist teaching Church, but I left those doctrines of men a long, long time ago, and eventually realized all those other categories of the doctrines of men that seminaries have come up with to replace God's Word as written. So concerning the seminaries, "An enemy hath done this."

• Informative
Reactions: Jonaitis
Upvote 0