Victoria Island
✟16,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"Yes, it is what you do, but my bleeding is under control now. You need to think about who needs your support first. Talendra, we are not safe here. We need to move somewhere else before reinforcements come." Kilik looked around worried; where was Xavier?

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
(OOC: sorry guys, I haven't really been getting on the computer much lately)

"Xavier they are in great need of your help outside the cave." N'ight called to his bonded.

"Where are they?"

"seven meters east of here, some of our party are in desperate need of attention."

"I will be there shortly, keep watch over the cubs and Fetter, and please help with what I need, I will try and get them moved back here." Xavier replied, then headed to the group. Xavier went to help those who needed help. He had been in a cave cleaning game when the attack happened and sort of stayed there till the end.

"There is a cave about seven meters back west of here, I was unseen while in there, currently the lions are guarding it, we can camp there until everyone is able to move out." Xavier said to the group. "N'ight, have the herbs and cloths out when we get back to the cave" " I have prepared a warm meal, so those of you who are able to move under your own power may head there now or help me to move the wounded in. Polli when we get to the cave I want you to rest and I will help the others."

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Talendra nodded and moved to assist. N'yola limped behind her. They came to the spot Naza was at and Talle looked over to Tolri.
"Would N'rainor help us carry his body back to the cave? I...I don't want him left out here...among them. He deserves better..." Talendra asked quietly.

Upvote 0

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
N'rainor was still near N'yola and Tolri looked over at him. "Would you be willing to help carry Naza's body, N'rainor?" N'rainor nodded in agreement and then said, "Of course. Just tell me what I need to do." Tolri looked over at Talle and said, "He'll help. Just let him know what he needs to do."

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After recovering in the cave overnight under the watchful eyes of Polli and Xavier they set out again the next morning.

After traveling about an hour, a loud roaring reached their ears from in front of them a distance. As they walked the sound grew louder. They reached a clearing where a large edifice of stone rose from the floor of the forested jungle. It was partially covered in vegetation. "We have arrived my friends... the Ruins at the top of Mammoth Falls." Talendra told them and stared up at the long-awaited goal. "We will bury Naza here." Talle motioned to the soft forest floor outside the Ruins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Link

Lv 7x Khain Maple Priest
Sep 16, 2003
Victoria Island
✟16,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Kilik stood looking at the ruins with a blank expression; extreme fatigue was starting to over take him and all emotion had left his face. Kilik wanted to fall over when Talendra mentioned burying Naza; he felt like there was no digging power left in him, but he also remembered the others in the party who were just as tired as he was and decided to summon a second wind of energy.

"Will we use rocks or dig a hole?"

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Wait, let me ride around the ruins... N'yola and I will try to find a place." Talendra left and a short while they returned. "There is a small niche in that side over there. We can place him within and close it off like a tomb. I think it used to be a guard room of sorts but it is caved in against the back... so we will use it as a tomb. We can use the blocks of fallen stone to close it off." Talendra explained. "We need to hurry, those Black Mages will be on our tails again."

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Xaiver helped to build the tomb for Naza, then mounted his horse again, ready to be moving.

"Xavier, you are weak are you sure you can stay steady on your mount?" N'ight asked.

"We will see my dear friend, we shall see." Xavier replied.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The stone edifice rose high above the vegetation around it. It had the appearance from the outside of a set of steps with a ramp in the middle rising up to a platform far above their heads. The stone was crumbling in places and the vegetation had grown through cracks making the entire edifice while solid enough still treacherous to attempt to climb. Talendra shook her head.
"This doesn't look anything like Landin' Five, oh I mean Landing Five." She said out loud. To the shock of the entire party Polli spoke.

"That's because it isn't a Landing place for the humans. It is a very ancient place. It is said in legends to hold a gate to travel time, however, none knows how to open it. The knowledge was lost long ago," Polli explained solemnly. "We have old songs and poems about it but Sheridon the Wicked destroyed our libraries and places of learning in his search for eternal life. Much of the old tales were lost. If I remember correctly this is called 'The Horn Gate'."

Talle looked thoughtful, "The Horn Gate... how intriguing..."

"Now you can hand over your amulets to me and you can ponder that little mystery all you like as you die..." Satrina, the elven woman Talendra had trusted so long ago. The woman who had her poisoned and her father killed to get her hands on Talendra's amulet from her Mother.
"You traitorous, murdering widow-maker! YOU... you ordered my fathers death! I trusted you!" Talendra snarled, her face burning red in her fury. "I will never give you the amulets you seek!"
Satrina waved her hand non-chalantly. "Oh please, you are so boring Talle. Precocious halfbreed child! I want that amulet NOW!" The woman's eyes turned harsh and condescending. "YOU WILL watch all of your companions die then I will TAKE what I want."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dozens of archers stepped from every conceivable hiding place. They were surrounded.
"Stop everyone..." Talendra told them. 'Go ahead Talle, I think her greed is going to be her undoing...be patient.' N'yola told Talendra. She had learned to listen to the wisdom of her bonded in the long time of journeying together so she raised her hands in surrender.
Talendra withdrew the amulet from under her tunic. She held it out as Satrina's eyes grew wide and an avaricious grin spread over her face.
"There are two more... where are they?"
"No... we have only one more..." Talendra told Satrina.
"Tolri?" Talendra motioned for her to come forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tolri released her grip on her bow and stepped forward. Casting a confused glance at Talle, she pulled out her amulet and held it up. "Are you sure about this, Talle?" she whispered, glancing over at her again.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Okay Satrina... that's it... all the amulets we have to give you." Talendra told Satrina. The female elf took them both and ran toward a heavily vine-covered mound. Talendra gasped for THERE was the Landing Building they were looking for, beneath the heavy covering of vines! Satrina tried to get into the building but couldn't. She held the amulets up, walked around the building. Talendra tried to keep the smirk off her face, so she looked down to hide it.

Upvote 0