Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the men said something to Satrina. She finally noticed Talendra looked amused by something. "BRING her to me!" She demanded. Two men grabbed her arms and pulled her up and toward Satrina. Talendra looked at her calmly. "Yes Satrina, what is it now?"

Satrina slapped Talendra hard across the face. "TELL me the secret!"
"What secret is that Satrina?"
"The secrets in these amulets! How do I get in! I know you know, you were seen at Landinfive! You operated that one! Operate this one!" Talendra shrugged. "If she doesn't cooperate kill that horned beast of hers!" Satrina snarled. Talendra took the amulet and walked around until she found the concrete pad that served as a porch. She began to pull vines off and finally located what she was looking for. Talendra fit her amulet into the slot and twisted. A great creaking and groaning occurred and Talendra ran back to allow the building to unfold as it had before.

Satrina clapped her hands together joyously. "YES!" She rushed in and Talendra smiled knowing Satrina would be hard put to figure out the building, it had taken them a long time to figure out only a small part and they had been staying there! She looked back at the others to make sure they were all okay.

Upvote 0

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When Talle was pulled forward, Tolri had dropped back and was standing close to N'rainor. He was standing close to N'yola, like he was trying to protect her from Satrina's men. Tolri was scared, but she hid her fear well, and kept a firm grip on her bow, ready to nock an arrow and aim if anything went wrong.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Talendra motioned for everyone to be patient then told N'yola to tell all the bonded Chevros to inform their humans. She remembered the story Lehloni told her and she planned on using that vital piece of information.

'N'yola, get a message to Tolri; We are going to follow Satrina in when she demands it and place our amulets. Mine top right corner, yours bottom left corner, when someone tries to go through the transport, we are going to run forward and switch the amulets to the empty spaces. Mine will drop to the bottom yours will go to the top...These are paid mercenaries, I'm hoping if we handle this right we will not have to kill them.'

Satrina regarded them with thoughtful eyes, unaware of the telepathic communication. "Talendra you and your friend come here." Talendra hoped Tolri got the message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tolri looked at Talle and gave a barely perceptible nod. She had received the message and she stepped forward when Satrina demanded that Talle and her friend come forward. She wasn't entirely certain on what would happen, but she would trust Talle's plan and follow her lead.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satrina started to put the amulets in place but looking back at the smirk on Talendra's face, she decided against it. She held a book in her hand.
"YOU do it... you too.. put those amulets in place." Talendra looked over at Tolri and at the same time inserted their amulets into the place in the wall suited for them. A screen lit up and began to flash red with the word "connecting". A woman dressed in a plain black robe came into view. A Black Mage! Talendra was shocked even though she knew it to be true, it was still a shock to see it.
"Satrina? Ah you have FINALLY gotten the amulets? What took you so long? I will transport you momentarily and we will begin sending down weapons. You have done well, Thersa will be pleased." In a few moments the woman returned her attention back to the screen.
"I have journaled the people you asked me to keep an eye on and the amulets we have tracked down. It's all here." Satrina held up the book.
"Good bring it with you Thersa will be most interested to read it. First we test this transport device by sending a shipment of weapons through." A bright shimmering light made them all look away for a moment and suddenly there were two boxes of something.

"Step through the transport device it is set now to receive you Satrina." As the shimmering began Talendra ran up to the side of the device keeping her eyes to the side to keep from being blinded.

"NOW TOLRI, SWITCH!" Talendra pulled her amulet and dropped it down to the slot below. The light changed and there was a garbled screaming for a mere second before the light disappeared and everything sizzled and there was a smell of ozone. There was only a severed arm and leg of Satrina's body left. Talendra walked over and picked up the book she had been holding.

"Your employer is dead... she cannot pay you. There is nothing here of worth..." Talendra told the human mercenaries. "What about them weapons..." one of them asked. Talendra opened the box and took out one of the small handles within. "Does this look like a formidable weapon to you?" She let the man hold it and he grunted.
"Sheesh all this for nothing. At least we got some pay up front..." The men turned and began to move away, satisfied Talendra had told them truth. It did not hurt anything that she obviously carried a sword with the air of one who knew how to use it.

Talendra sighed. "I suspect Kilik... here in this book you will find some of your answers..." Talendra walked to his side and handed him the journal.

"Let's rest here for a while..." Talendra closed the door on the grisly mess inside Landing.

((Each of the amulet holders will find out some history about their past in the journal. Up to the writer to write their past story. All I ask is let me see it to make sure it matches Enkar established history and past written material before posting. They will each find out these amulets were passed down from humans in their background. Humans who were connected to the Landing Buildings. Otherwise have fun and use your imagination!))

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Talendra sat next to N'yola. Satrina had been a friend, one who betrayed her and her family. One who obviously had only been a friend to gain the amulet. Talle was sick all over again with the betrayal, the murder of her father and the attempt to end her own life. 'What is left? There is nothing for me now...'

'Not true my bonded... we still have the rest of our mission... to locate the Horn Gate... the place spoken of by our ancestors...'
N'yola responded softly in her mind. Talendra sighed and lay back to gaze up through the canopy of leaves into the deep azure sky.

'We have no more leads... where can the Horn Gate lie? That ancient ruin has no visible way in...' Talendra sighed, suddenly feeling extremely weary, worn down and deeply depressed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Talendra raised up on an elbow and turned to look at Kilik at Shadow's question. She was concerned about what Kilik might find in the journal but it was his right to know. She studied him a moment. Yes, something he read disturbed him, she could read it in his body language. She sighed and leaned back, her own heart still heavy and disturbed.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Talendra looked over at Kilik the shock causing a chill to settle over her. She stood dumbfounded for several moments. Then she crossed her arms and hugged herself as if to bring solace to her own aching heart. She understood Kilik's pain. Understood and empathized with it because of her own loss. Kilik had struggled through this frightful journey with hope. Now that hope was gone. Forever stolen from him. Tears began to tumble over her cheeks and she walked away to hide her own agony. She could not comfort Kilik now, she would only bring him pain if he were to see her tears. Talendra could not do such a thing to her friend.

N'yola walked behind her, shielding her bonded from the others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums