Visit site
✟293,924.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I believe in Pre-Wrath so I think I'll pick up this persons novels.
Why waste time with novels? Fact is stranger than fiction!
The whole story of God's plan for mankind is in the Bible. From Adam to the Eternal state.
And as we are now at the edge of dramatic changes, for a Christian to not know what will happen, shows a serious lack of Bible study. Not that we don't all study our Bibles, but prophecy tends to get put into the 'too hard basket' and ignored.

But the main difficulty in the proper understanding of Bible prophecy, is a belief in false theories and doctrines. This has the effect of blinding one to the truth. Isaiah 42:18-20, Ephesians 4:18

Upvote 0

Meester-Chung

Historicist
Oct 6, 2018
Toronto, Canada
✟18,141.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
22742900.jpg

Edge of Apocalypse pulls you into an adrenaline-fueled political thriller laced with End Times prophecy. From Tim LaHaye, creator and co-author of the world-renowned Left Behind series—the most successful adult fiction series ever written—and Craig Parshall comes an epic story ripped from the headlines of world events and filtered through Scriptural prophecy. Set in the near future, Edge of Apocalypse chronicles the beginning of The End—the earth-shattering events leading up to the Apocalypse foretold in Revelation. 450 pages, paperback.

In Thunder of Heaven

homeland America is under attack! Joshua Jordan's reputation is on the line when his controversial RTS system fails to protect Flight 199 as it takes off from Chicago and is shot down by a terrorist missile. The government is taking no chances and starts and investigation of Joshua's entire defense program. Unfortunately, the Israelis, longtime allies of the United States, are desperate for the technology. When Joshua flies to the Middle East to assure them of the RTS's reliability, he is captured by Iranians who want the secret for the defense tool for their own use. With Joshua out of the country, Abigail Jordan is left in charge of the Roundtable and sets out to defend her husband to the media and to the commission set up to investigate RTS. But America is under attack--a bombing in the Mall of America and rumors of even more potential atrocities have this covert team desperate to find additional bombs before they are set off. As man vs. man and nation vs. nation come together in an epic battle, nature takes over and makes the final blow. And as world events begin setting the stage for the "end of days" foretold in Revelation, Joshua Jordan must weigh the personal price he must pay to save the nation he loves. 358 pages, paperback.

In Brink of Chaos,
Joshua Jordan remains in Israel during his self-imposed "exile" out of the reach of U.S. authorities who have trumped up false criminal treason charges against him. Following the invasion by Russia and its allies, Israel is cleaning up the bodies of dead enemy soldiers for seven months and setting out on its seven-year plan -- both per the prophecies of Ezekiel. Are the recurring dreams Joshua has had about the coming rapture from God? And will the end be sooner than anyone expects? 362 pages, paperback.

Mark of Evil

Economies have fallen, freedom has been suppressed, and peace is a distant memory. The world is falling apart. Joshua Jordan's protege Ethan March, along with Jimmy Louder and Rivka Reuban have been left behind in a world that is rapidly coming under the complete influence of the Antichrist. Technology is growing by leaps and bounds, with BID-Tag implants, robotic police units, and drone-bots flying overhead . . . all designed to control and dominate those who resist the Antichrist's reign of evil. As Biblical prophecy is fulfilled each new day, Ethan and the others in the Remnant struggle to eat, to procure necessary goods, and to avoid the Global Alliance---in short, to survive. But when the forces of evil attempt to pervert the world's most powerful information system to their own sinister ends, eliminating everyone who gets in their way, it's up to Ethan and the Remnant to subvert their dark ambitions. From New York Times best-selling author Tim LaHaye, creator and co-author of the world-renowned Left Behind books, and Craig Parshall, Mark of Evil is the final thrilling chapter in The End series. With high-tech thrills against a background of prophetic events that seem to leap from today's news, this is the story of global tribulations bringing the world one step closer to the reign of the Antichrist and the return of Jesus Christ in glory. 411 pages, paperback.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

Just a note to let this thread know that many posts have been moved to a new thread HERE that is more appropriate. Please keep posts on topic.
MOD HAT OFF​

• Winner
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
End Times Fiction

Don't forget about all the kewl end times movies that have come out based on a lot of fiction end times books.

I had heard when "The Omen" movie came out, some parents actually checked the scalps of their male children/infants for the "666" mark.......I was fortunate enough to see it when it came out on the big screen in '76 :)

LLoJ...just another humble Preterist...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hey folks,

Like many of you I have read the Left Behind series and enjoyed it. (I didn't agree with it though...). So I decided to read more fiction based eschatology and picked up Wrath by Roquemore (prewrath view) and found book one and two decent enough. Now I'm looking for more recommendations for End Times fiction.

Thanks in advance.

jm
Was I the only one who thought his movie was racist? All the black people in the movie died.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Unless we can produce direct quotes for a 7 year tribulation, a pre-trib rapture, a revived Roman Empire, a third temple with animal sacrifices, and so on, it remains fiction.
There are indeed direct quotes for all of these.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Every fictional account of the end times that I have personally run across is based largely on theories as to the meanings of various symbolic statements in Bible prophecy.

But there is another approach to the study of this topic. And that is to simply pass over the deep, mysterious symbols, and instead concentrate on those prophecies that explicitly state coming events in clear, plain, language. And when the subject is approached in this way, it is amazing how very much is indeed explicitly stated in plain, clear, words.

The explicitly stated locations for these events are almost all within the ancient land of Israel, although a few other locations are mentioned.

And the people to whom these events will happen are all Israelites. Now it is indeed true that some scriptures seem to identify the name Israel with the church, although not even one scripture anywhere actually says that. But the explicitly stated prophecies not only explicitly name Israel, But also the sub-nations of Judah and Ephraim, as well as the descendants of several ancient individuals. And no passage, anywhere in the Bible, contains even the slightest excuse for claiming that these names also mean the church.

When all these explicitly stated prophecies are put together into a continuous timeline, a very complete overall pattern emerges. And this pattern is not based on any assumptions whatsoever, except that the prophecies all mean exactly what they say. When that assumption is made, and these explicit statements are compared, a complete picture does indeed emerge. And it is not pretty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
But there is another approach to the study of this topic. And that is to simply pass over the deep, mysterious symbols, and instead concentrate on those prophecies that explicitly state coming events in clear, plain, language. And when the subject is approached in this way, it is amazing how very much is indeed explicitly stated in plain, clear, words.

The explicitly stated locations for these events are almost all within the ancient land of Israel, although a few other locations are mentioned.

And the people to whom these events will happen are all Israelites. Now it is indeed true that some scriptures seem to identify the name Israel with the church, although not even one scripture anywhere actually says that. But the explicitly stated prophecies not only explicitly name Israel, But also the sub-nations of Judah and Ephraim, as well as the descendants of several ancient individuals. And no passage, anywhere in the Bible, contains even the slightest excuse for claiming that these names also mean the church.

When all these explicitly stated prophecies are put together into a continuous timeline, a very complete overall pattern emerges. And this pattern is not based on any assumptions whatsoever, except that the prophecies all mean exactly what they say. When that assumption is made, and these explicit statements are compared, a complete picture does indeed emerge. And it is not pretty.
Good post.

Luke can't make Jesus's prophecies more clearer than in his end time Temple/Jerusalem discourses.

LUKE CHAPTERS 19, 21, 23 AND REVELATION "DESTRUCTION OF JERUSALEM 70AD"

For instance, look at the 2 Greek words used for "vengeance/avenge".
You may be surprised to know that they occur only in Luke of the Gospels [4 times]
I can practically harmonize Luke's 3 end time Temple discourses to Revelation and the OT prophecies......

Isaiah 61:2
[Luke 4:18-19 Luke 21:22]
To proclaim the year of the good pleasure of Yahweh,
And the day of vengeance <5359> of our 'Elohim, To comfort all mourners.

Here are examples of just 2 words used for vengeance/avenge in Luke [and Revelation]:

Strong's Concordance with Hebrew and Greek Lexicon

1557. ekdikesis from 1556;
vindication, retribution:--(a-, re-)venge(-ance), punishment
Strong's Number G1557 matches the Greek ἐκδίκησις (ekdikēsis),
which occurs 10 times in 9 verses

Luke 18:8

“I tell you that He will avenge<1557> them speedily.
Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

Luke 21:22
For these are the days of avenging/vengeance<1557>, to fulfill<4130> all things having been written<1125>. [Isaiah 61:2]

Hebrews 10:30
For we know Him who said, “vengeance<1557> is Mine, I will repay,”[fn] says the Lord.[fn]
And again, “The LORD will judge His people.”[fn]

Paul uses both of those Greek words in Romans:

Romans 12:19
Beloved, do not avenge<1556> yourselves, but rather give place to wrath;
for it is written, vengeance<1557> is Mine, I will repay,”[fn] says the Lord.

1556. ekdikeo from 1558[avenger];
to vindicate, retaliate, punish:--a (re-)venge.
Strong's Number G1556 matches the Greek ἐκδικέω (ekdikeō),
which occurs 6 times in 6 verses

Luke 18:3
3 “Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘avenge<1556> me from my adversary.’
5 ‘yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge<1556> her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’ ”

Luke 18:7
“And shall God not avenge<1557> His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? [Revelation 6:10 Revelation 19:2]

Revelation 6:10
and they were crying with a great voice saying,
'how long!
O Master, the Holy and the True, dost Thou not judge
and take vengeance/avenge<1556> of our blood from those dwelling upon the land?'
Revelation 19:2
because true and righteous are His judgments, because He did judge the great harlot who did corrupt the land in Her whoredom,
and He did avenge<1556> the blood of His servants at Her hand;'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I finished up the second book in the Prewrath set and it's very depressing...almost as if God is a sadist and wants to draw out the torture of those "left behind." Still, I recommend it. I think it's a fair (fictionalized) treatment of the Prewrath rapture view.

Upvote 0

Meester-Chung

Historicist
Oct 6, 2018
Toronto, Canada
✟18,141.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
41P4tjKgRNL.jpg

Paul Stepola, an agent working for the National Peacekeeping Organization (NPO), has been assigned to enforce compliance with the world government's prohibition on religion. Paul relishes his job and is good at it. He is determined to expose underground religion - flush it out, expose it, and kill it - until his life is turned upside down, and he is forced to look at life in a different way.

As Paul begins to unravel the truth about what he has found, events taking place around the world are starting to make sense. Something big is coming - something that can't be stopped. And it is coming soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Upvote 0

Meester-Chung

Historicist
Oct 6, 2018
Toronto, Canada
✟18,141.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
41KdxkxsFKL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Enter the continuing story of double agent Paul Stepola as he works to protect his fellow believers from the government that is trying to eliminate them. The underground church is in mortal peril following the apocalyptic events in Los Angeles, which have only cast further suspicion upon Christians. Meanwhile, Paul struggles with how to tell his family about his newfound faith without raising the suspicions of his ruthless father-in-law. A gripping futuristic thriller that will keep you glued to the page.

Upvote 0