Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Hey folks,

Like many of you I have read the Left Behind series and enjoyed it. (I didn't agree with it though...). So I decided to read more fiction based eschatology and picked up Wrath by Roquemore (prewrath view) and found book one and two decent enough. Now I'm looking for more recommendations for End Times fiction.

Thanks in advance.

jm

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hey folks,

Like many of you I have read the Left Behind series and enjoyed it. (I didn't agree with it though...). So I decided to read more fiction based eschatology and picked up Wrath by Roquemore (prewrath view) and found book one and two decent enough. Now I'm looking for more recommendations for End Times fiction.

Thanks in advance.

jm

Hi. I read the Ezekiel Option by Joel C. Rosenberg
It is fast pace, page turner. I think you will enjoy. It is based on Ezekiel 38&39.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hey folks,

Thanks in advance.

jm

Lots of threads on here about end times are good fictional reads!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The end times is far from fiction .
No doubt, but a thorough narrative constructed entirely of Biblical prophecies would, necessarily, require unconfirmed conjecture [read fiction] to fill in the gaps.

The reason that Jesus was rejected by so many at His FIRST Advent was that they were expecting a revolutionary Messiah (from their misreading of prophecy, and wishful thinking) rather than the sacrificial Lamb. It was anticlimactic, to say the least!

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The end times is far from fiction .
No, but just about anything anyone thinks they can emphatically state about those times usually is pure fiction based upon misconceptions.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, but just about anything anyone thinks they can emphatically state about those times usually is pure fiction based upon misconceptions.
I disagree friend.
I believe what the Living Word of God states.
And it is far from fiction.
Friend we live in a very interesting time frame where we see The Word and prophecies unfold like no other time.
All glory be to God now and forever!
Amen.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of threads on here about end times are good fictional reads!
Unless we can produce direct quotes for a 7 year tribulation, a pre-trib rapture, a revived Roman Empire, a third temple with animal sacrifices, and so on, it remains fiction.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey folks,

Thanks in advance.

jm
Try
Lord of the World by Robert Hugh Benson

Upvote 0

AFrazier

Site Supporter
Apr 1, 2016
Mauldin, South Carolina
✟161,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey folks,

Thanks in advance.

jm
The Last Disciple trilogy was a decent read. It's told from a preterist point of view. I don't know how you feel about that, but I enjoyed it.

The Last Disciple
The Last Sacrifice
The Last Temple

Also comes as a set: The Last Disciple: Collection

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
No scripture supports a 7 year tribulation. I was offering a big reward if you can produce even one scripture directly mentioning a gap between Daniel's 69th and 70 weeks..

I'm actually a Postmil (optimistic Amil) Historicist Br. Dave, I just enjoy fiction...dystopian and Christian. It's nice to have both in one novel.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Let me ask you, what happen to the last week?

Maybe we could keep this discussion in line with the op? I'm just looking for End Times fiction not a debate.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

Hamlet7768

World's Second-Worst Polemicist
Nov 2, 2013
United States of America
✟22,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upon the recommendation (not personal) of PP Benedict and Francis, I read Lord of the World by Msgr Robert Hugh Benson. Though it doesn't seem to be at first, it follows certain aspects of end-times fiction quite well, all without ever using the word "Antichrist." Not to mention its chillingly accurate prediction of the modern death-culture (though not even Msgr Benson was so cynical as to predict widespread abortion, much less the monstrous idea of a "right" thereof).

And it's Public Domain, because it came out in 1907! Read here.

Upvote 0

Meester-Chung

Historicist
Oct 6, 2018
Toronto, Canada
✟18,141.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
51Xo5gNVAxL._AC_SY400_.jpg

CIA operative David Shirazi's mission is to disrupt Iran's nuclear weapons program---without triggering a war. But when an obscure religious cleric is suddenly hailed as the Islamic messiah, Iran's military prepares to strike Israel. Can David save the world---even as a dark secret from his past threatens to change his life forever?

The world is on the brink of disaster and the clock is ticking. Iran has just conducted its first atomic weapons test. Millions of Muslims around the world are convinced their messiah-known as "the Twelfth Imam"-has just arrived on earth. Israeli leaders fear Tehran, under the Twelfth Imam's spell, will soon launch a nuclear attack that could bring about a second holocaust and the annihilation of Israel. The White House fears Jerusalem will strike first, launching a preemptive attack against Iran's nuclear facilities that could cause the entire Middle East to go up in flames, oil prices to skyrocket, and the global economy to collapse. With the stakes high and few viable options left, the president of the United States orders CIA operative David Shirazi and his team to track down and sabotage Iran's nuclear warheads before Iran or Israel can launch a devastating first strike.

All eyes are on the Middle East. Israel has successfully launched a first strike on Iran, taking out all of their nuclear sites and six of their nuclear warheads-and causing The Twelfth Imam to order a full-scale retaliation. US President William Jackson threatens to support a UN Security Council resolution condemning the Jewish State for unprovoked and unwarranted acts of aggression. Meanwhile, CIA operative David Shirazi has infiltrated the Iranian regime and intercepted information indicating that two Iranian nuclear warheads survived the attack and have been moved to a secure and undisclosed location.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey folks,

Thanks in advance.

jm
I believe in Pre-Wrath so I think I'll pick up this persons novels.

Reactions: Berean Tim
Upvote 0