Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys, so I'll get straight to the point. I believe that it is possible for angels and even Jesus to appear in physical form even for a brief moment for an encounter. I believe the closer we are to Jesus the more we can sense if it really is an angel or Jesus.

Is it odd that today I felt like I encountered an angel, and just when I had been thinking about the possibility of meeting one or Jesus, either way, that might be sent to see me. He asked for money or gas and I thought about it, thought about giving him $5, then decided not to. I told him I didn't have cash and the atm was broken which both of those were true. Just briefly I'll say I prayed to Jesus explaining my credit card debt and how I didn't feel I had extra money to give away. Back to when I was talking to the guy I heard him saying quietly something about $5 but it wasn't directed to me, but I heard it twice. He said God Bless to me and I said it's nice to hear people talk about God these days.

Later that day my wife got me a scratcher (I know not everyone will agree with that but every now and again me and my wife might do one for fun, I didn't buy it myself she got it for me as a gift. If you want to talk about the scratcher and if it's wrong you can but that's not the focus of this post) and on the crossword I won $10 which covers the cost of the scratcher and then $5 more. I feel like it was God's way of saying "If you had trusted me to provide the money to you you could have given him $5 and I would have repaid you"

What are your guys's opinions on all of this? I'll be honest I kind of am sensitive so please don't immediately accuse me of gambling or make me feel small for thinking Jesus and His angels can appear to us. That is all.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Discerning of Spirits is a spiritual gift. If things are manifesting before you its probable you'll see both. Good and bad. That's usually the way it goes. A person can encounter a spiritual presence without possessing the gift. When you have it supernatural experiences are the norm.

I would never say it can't occur. But I'd look for biblical examples and compare the experience to the word. If you read the mystical encounters of St. Teresa of Avila and others like her you may be enlightened.

I don't see spirits with the naked eye in human form. But I know when they're present. Both sorts. I have physical reactions and experience them through other senses. Sometimes I know where they are in a room. I can't 'see' them but I see them so to speak.

~bella

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Discerning of Spirits is a spiritual gift. If things are manifesting before you its probable you'll see both. Good and bad. That's usually the way it goes. A person can encounter a spiritual presence without possessing the gift. When you have it supernatural experiences are the norm.

I would never say it can't occur. But I'd look for biblical examples and compare the experience to the word. If you read the mystical encounters of St. Teresa of Avila and others like her you may be enlightened.

I don't see spirits with the naked eye in human form. But I know when they're present. Both sorts. I have physical reactions and experience them through other senses. Sometimes I know where they are in a room. I can't 'see' them but I see them so to speak.

~bella
When it comes to spirits that are normally unseen I can sometimes see the same way one would see their imagination but when it's physical it's just that physical. And I believe it happens to all Christians I'm sure you've encountered them like how Paul says you may unknowingly be entertaining an angel when you talk to strangers (paraphrasing ofc)

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@SeventhFisherofMen, also, if you are not experienced in these matters, it is best to run these by an elder with such experience in your church, for real-time feedback. For DoS, especially talk to those who are involved in deliverance ministry.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
When it comes to spirits that are normally unseen I can sometimes see the same way one would see their imagination but when it's physical it's just that physical. And I believe it happens to all Christians I'm sure you've encountered them like how Paul says you may unknowingly be entertaining an angel when you talk to strangers (paraphrasing ofc)

Unseen spirits are physical encounters. They arrive in their usual form. Some come with a body as you've mentioned. But I wouldn't say its Jesus or an angel haphazardly.

~bella

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Whenever I discern a spirit, it is usually oozing out of a person. I can see it on their whole body, but most clearly in their eyes.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Whenever I discern a spirit, it is usually oozing out of a person. I can see it on their whole body, but most clearly in their eyes.

I shared an encounter earlier. Whenever I was in his company he said the craziest things. My spirit bothered him. In that instance, it was the devil talking. He was grinning animatedly while he spoke. As you noted, evil was gushing out like a fountain.

~bella

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I realize now I probably shouldn't have titled the thread discerning of spirits so that was my bad. I probably should have put "Encountering angels irl", the topic of deliverance and discerning spirits on people was, well as Palpatine would put it:
4C7C2776-4B68-4DD6-9BB3-548390EB9B60.jpeg

Lol I know you're probably gonna say "You're surprised that in a thread you titled "discerning of spirits" that people are talking about actually discerning spirits?"

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I realize now I probably shouldn't have titled the thread discerning of spirits so that was my bad. I probably should have put "Encountering angels irl", the topic of deliverance and discerning spirits on people was, well as Palpatine would put it: View attachment 303742
Lol I know you're probably gonna say "You're surprised that in a thread you titled "discerning of spirits" that people are talking about actually discerning spirits?"
You can change the title in the "Thread Tools" link above the OP.

What direction were you hoping for it to go in?

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
@SeventhFisherofMen, also, if you are not experienced in these matters, it is best to run these by an elder with such experience in your church, for real-time feedback. For DoS, especially talk to those who are involved in deliverance ministry.
Noted. Ever since covid I've been watching service on Youtube I don't really have a community people wise except you guys and my wife

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting, ya demons can manifest. I've noticed just listening to people talk in a crowded area I can discern what is good and from The Holy Spirit from people and what is gibberish and from demons from people. A lot of people have a mix since we're in a fallen world but the closer people are to Jesus the more good they say, and the further away the more bad.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
You can change the title in the "Thread Tools" link above the OP.

What direction were you hoping for it to go in?
This direction is perfect :) Though I was hoping to see and hear about people's encounters with who they thought might be angels or Jesus

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't really have a community people wise except you guys and my wife
Deliverance/discerning of spirits is counter-terrorism activity in the Kingdom. You don't want to be doing that without someone local having your back.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Deliverance/discerning of spirits is counter-terrorism activity in the Kingdom. You don't want to be doing that without someone local having your back.
You bring up a super interesting topic. I used to want to do what I'm sure a lot of Christians have gone through phases of wanting to do of delivering spirits and being a prayer warrior etc, not that I can't be a prayer warrior but I know now we are given our jobs and positions in society to work where we are and not overstep our bounds. We have authority given us by Jesus no need to bite off more than we can chew

• Agree
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Unseen spirits are physical encounters. They arrive in their usual form. Some come with a body as you've mentioned. But I wouldn't say its Jesus or an angel haphazardly.

~bella
Interesting. Ya I try and say things or ask them questions just briefly if I have any vibes they are more than human, I've probably encountered only a handful of times where I've encountered beings I thought might be Jesus or angels in disguise, and every time I feel like I'll just be labeled as crazy if I say anything so most of the time I just acknowledge they are giving off a really bright presence, maybe say one thing and move on.

I do pray to Jesus later about it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Though I was hoping to see and hear about people's encounters with who they thought might be angels or Jesus
I have second-hand reports of such.

When someone is moving strong in the Holy Spirit, they look much like how John described Jesus in Revelation 1:14, with a hint of white flames on their person.

When it is a counterfeit manifestation, their flames have an orange (or other color) tinge, like a natural fire.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I have second-hand reports of such.

When someone is moving strong in the Holy Spirit, they look much like how John described Jesus in Revelation 1:14, with a hint of white flames on their person.

When is a counterfeit manifestation, their flames have an orange (or other color) tinge, like a natural fire.
Huh I wonder what I would look like to you, I know I'm constantly praying out impurities cause I have to filter all the thoughts and stuff I've encountered throughout the day

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You bring up a super interesting topic. I used to want to do what I'm sure a lot of Christians have gone through phases of wanting to do of delivering spirits and being a prayer warrior etc, not that I can't be a prayer warrior but I know now we are given our jobs and positions in society to work where we are and not overstep our bounds. We have authority given us by Jesus no need to bite off more than we can chew

I never wanted to do that. I was forced to pick up the sword due to a negative presence. I didn't want to fight. That's odd given my personality. I'm confrontational. But I have common sense. I knew it was over my head but the Lord helped me.

I've had a lot of warfare. In that situation and ministering to the lost. You're snatching souls from satan's camp. There are instances when I was attacked while praying. I kept going. You need your prayer chops in place to deal with that. You can't be slacking.

~bella

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I never wanted to do that. I was forced to pick up the sword due to a negative presence. I didn't want to fight. That's odd given my personality. I'm confrontational. But I have common sense. I knew it was over my head but the Lord helped me.

I've had a lot of warfare. In that situation and ministering to the lost. You're snatching souls from satan's camp. There are instances when I was attacked while praying. I kept going. You need your prayer chops in place to deal with that. You can't be slacking.

~bella
As someone who's been hospitalized a few times and encountered a lot of things there are times I look back and wonder if before my episodes if I should have spent every day for over a year asking Jesus to open my eyes spiritually. Now I have to work extra hard to act normal in situations when there's something in the room I don't want to see.

What helps is seeing Jesus The Holy Spirit and His angels protecting me I get calm again.

You're right it is beyond what most would expect and I rushed into something that took a long time to get used to and still do daily. I definitely have learned the value in choosing my battles and when I'm feeling good I have still gotten from Jesus that He doesn't want me trying to go beyond what I can handle, ie trying to do spiritual warfare when it would affect my every day work and life, so I listen and don't do more than I should.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Huh I wonder what I would look like to you, I know I'm constantly praying out impurities cause I have to filter all the thoughts and stuff I've encountered throughout the day
When we are doing it right, Jesus' Blood is covering our impurities. As long as we are "repented up" of any conviction, we should be fine.

Upvote 0