Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe that message was enough for you, but to deny the existence of more for others isn't fair, and I have experiences and have not gone off to occultic involvement as you describe.
I don't see widespread visitation of Jesus and angels throughout the New Testament. Paul was assisted by angels, but then his Apostolic calling was unique. The only personal visitation of the risen Christ was to Paul on the Damascus road. No other personal visitations are recorded in the New Testament. Therefore I hold to God's Word in preference to theories and speculations.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I don't see widespread visitation of Jesus and angels throughout the New Testament. Paul was assisted by angels, but then his Apostolic calling was unique. The only personal visitation of the risen Christ was to Paul on the Damascus road. No other personal visitations are recorded in the New Testament. Therefore I hold to God's Word in preference to theories and speculations.
The very Paul you speak of is the one I quoted earlier saying we might unknowingly be entertaining an angel when we are interacting with who we think are strangers. I too hold to what scripture says.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More than once I've been walking down the street in the past 2-3 years and I receive a thought telling me to help this person I see ahead. One time it was an old person sitting upon their walker. Looked like they were waiting for a ride. another time it was a beggar sitting on the sidewalk begging.

Two years ago I was giving my FIL a ride back from his church service, he was sitting in the passenger seat, and as I was halfway through the traffic light at the intersection a voice inside my mind said loudly, "stop!" I did, and a car drove by from right to left, immediately to our front, ignoring the light. If I hadn't stopped, we would have been t-boned on the passenger side.

I believe we are tested at times to see how we treat people in need. If you are not receptive to receiving guidance from the Holy Spirit you limit your ability to serve.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The very Paul you speak of is the one I quoted earlier saying we might unknowingly be entertaining an angel when we are interacting with who we think are strangers. I too hold to what scripture says.
That's not sufficient conclusive evidence. Paul does not say that we would be encountering angels. Conclusive New Testament evidence would be reports of believers actually encountering angels; but there are none.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
That's not sufficient conclusive evidence. Paul does not say that we would be encountering angels. Conclusive New Testament evidence would be reports of believers actually encountering angels; but there are none.
The night before Herod was to bring him to trial, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries stood guard at the entrance. 7 Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. “Quick, get up!” he said, and the chains fell off Peter’s wrists.

8 Then the angel said to him, “Put on your clothes and sandals.” And Peter did so. “Wrap your cloak around you and follow me,” the angel told him.9 Peter followed him out of the prison, but he had no idea that what the angel was doing was really happening; he thought he was seeing a vision.10 They passed the first and second guards and came to the iron gate leading to the city. It opened for them by itself, and they went through it. When they had walked the length of one street, suddenly the angel left him.

Acts 12:6-10

There you have it, proof in the NT of someone encountering an angel. Please tell me this is enough evidence. If not I'm not sure what is.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The night before Herod was to bring him to trial, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries stood guard at the entrance. 7 Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. “Quick, get up!” he said, and the chains fell off Peter’s wrists.

8 Then the angel said to him, “Put on your clothes and sandals.” And Peter did so. “Wrap your cloak around you and follow me,” the angel told him.9 Peter followed him out of the prison, but he had no idea that what the angel was doing was really happening; he thought he was seeing a vision.10 They passed the first and second guards and came to the iron gate leading to the city. It opened for them by itself, and they went through it. When they had walked the length of one street, suddenly the angel left him.

Acts 12:6-10

There you have it, proof in the NT of someone encountering an angel. Please tell me this is enough evidence. If not I'm not sure what is.
Peter, along with Paul, was an Apostle of Christ, with a unique ministry. His experience with angels was not continued in the lives of ordinary believers. I guess that someone with the calibre and ministry akin to Peter's might have the involvement of angels, but in these days, that would be next to impossible to find.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Peter, along with Paul, was an Apostle of Christ, with a unique ministry. His experience with angels was not continued in the lives of ordinary believers. I guess that someone with the calibre and ministry akin to Peter's might have the involvement of angels, but in these days, that would be next to impossible to find.
To deny God's ability to work in our lives as disciples of Christ because we are not specific disciples in the new testament doesn't make sense. God can work today as He did in the beginning of the church, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
To deny God's ability to work in our lives as disciples of Christ because we are not specific disciples in the new testament doesn't make sense. God can work today as He did in the beginning of the church, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8
The Scripture says that the Holy Spirit distributes gifts as He wills, not as how we want it. Of course God can work with the church as in the beginning, but there still has to be a church that is comparable to the calibre and power that existed in the early church. We have some labelling themselves as apostles and prophets, but not coming anywhere close to the calibre and power of the original Apostles.

My view of it is that the Emperor actually has no clothes. There is a lot of imagination, dreaming, labelling, pretending, but it all seems to end up being like the Wizard of OZ who was revealed as a little weak man in spite of his loud voice.

Benny Hinn is quite "out there" with his white suit, ambitious predictions, ear tickling preaching, display of so called Holy Spirit "power" and supposed healing of minor ailments, but what we don't see is the back room full of ailing cancer patients, disabled people, dying babies in their mothers' arms, who are never healed. We also see people who have total healing proclaimed over them, dying within weeks because they stopped taking their medication and going back to the doctor.

So, in the healing and prophetic ministries we see much theatre and display, but no real Holy Spirit substance.

If real serious and terminal sicknesses and disabilities were really healed through these ministries, these would be national news, but we don't see it, because these healings don't happen.

So we have to ask ourselves: Why isn't the Holy Spirit distributing the gifts of healing to these ministries?

Aye...there's the rub!

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
The Scripture says that the Holy Spirit distributes gifts as He wills, not as how we want it. Of course God can work with the church as in the beginning, but there still has to be a church that is comparable to the calibre and power that existed in the early church. We have some labelling themselves as apostles and prophets, but not coming anywhere close to the calibre and power of the original Apostles.

My view of it is that the Emperor actually has no clothes. There is a lot of imagination, dreaming, labelling, pretending, but it all seems to end up being like the Wizard of OZ who was revealed as a little weak man in spite of his loud voice.

Benny Hinn is quite "out there" with his white suit, ambitious predictions, ear tickling preaching, display of so called Holy Spirit "power" and supposed healing of minor ailments, but what we don't see is the back room full of ailing cancer patients, disabled people, dying babies in their mothers' arms, who are never healed. We also see people who have total healing proclaimed over them, dying within weeks because they stopped taking their medication and going back to the doctor.

So, in the healing and prophetic ministries we see much theatre and display, but no real Holy Spirit substance.

If real serious and terminal sicknesses and disabilities were really healed through these ministries, these would be national news, but we don't see it, because these healings don't happen.

So we have to ask ourselves: Why isn't the Holy Spirit distributing the gifts of healing to these ministries?

Aye...there's the rub!
That all seems very specific of a cynicism towards your thought that there is a lack of healing ministry, but that deviates from the main point and topic of this entire thread and what we were originally talking about.

The topic is "encountering Jesus and angels irl" not "my dislike for certain false ministries that perform false healing"

You originally posted that you don't want to see Jesus or angels on earth only in Heaven. And I pointed out that we can and sometimes do. You then responded with your opinion that it doesn't happen today and there's no proof in the NT. I provided scripture to prove it, you then said we aren't the apostles or disciples, I pointed out that it is not us who determine if God shows up because Jesus is the same today and yesterday and forever and we should not limit God's power to our own understanding. Now you're just pointing out faults of certain televangelists which has nothing to do with the main point that I believe angels can appear to us and do so, and that Jesus can appear to us also.

Does that make sense?

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
More than once I've been walking down the street in the past 2-3 years and I receive a thought telling me to help this person I see ahead. One time it was an old person sitting upon their walker. Looked like they were waiting for a ride. another time it was a beggar sitting on the sidewalk begging.

Two years ago I was giving my FIL a ride back from his church service, he was sitting in the passenger seat, and as I was halfway through the traffic light at the intersection a voice inside my mind said loudly, "stop!" I did, and a car drove by from right to left, immediately to our front, ignoring the light. If I hadn't stopped, we would have been t-boned on the passenger side.

I believe we are tested at times to see how we treat people in need. If you are not receptive to receiving guidance from the Holy Spirit you limit your ability to serve.
Thanks for that experience :) that was pretty cool man glad you listened. To think something as simple as not listening could cause an accident is sobering

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That all seems very specific of a cynicism towards your thought that there is a lack of healing ministry, but that deviates from the main point and topic of this entire thread and what we were originally talking about.

The topic is "encountering Jesus and angels irl" not "my dislike for certain false ministries that perform false healing"

You originally posted that you don't want to see Jesus or angels on earth only in Heaven. And I pointed out that we can and sometimes do. You then responded with your opinion that it doesn't happen today and there's no proof in the NT. I provided scripture to prove it, you then said we aren't the apostles or disciples, I pointed out that it is not us who determine if God shows up because Jesus is the same today and yesterday and forever and we should not limit God's power to our own understanding. Now you're just pointing out faults of certain televangelists which has nothing to do with the main point that I believe angels can appear to us and do so, and that Jesus can appear to us also.

Does that make sense?
But Jesus is not going to show up in person before His second coming when every eye shall see Him.

We have the Holy Spirit indwelling us, representing Jesus. So while we have the Holy Spirit, we don't need to have Jesus appearing to us in person, nor do we need the ministry of angels. We have the ministry of the Holy Spirit who is higher than any angel.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
But Jesus is not going to show up in person before His second coming when every eye shall see Him.

We have the Holy Spirit indwelling us, representing Jesus. So while we have the Holy Spirit, we don't need to have Jesus appearing to us in person, nor do we need the ministry of angels. We have the ministry of the Holy Spirit who is higher than any angel.
Just because I think I encountered an angel is by no means me disregarding the importance of The Holy Spirit

Upvote 0