Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
When Jesus went out to the wilderness after his baptism by John, and was tempted by Satan, He turned down all the kingdoms of this world that were presented to Him.

Now, imagine how world leaders are influenced by spiritual wickedness.
yup and why there's so much corruption and evil in them

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Twice in my life when I've been asked to explain myself, or a teaching of Christianity - later - I knew I had been moved by the Holy Spirit in my response. The explanations were clear and concise and I was just the vehicle and happy to be! :)
That gift is called Word of Wisdom.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is this the one? "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" I Pet 3:15

A couple of Scriptures that support some of the last posts.
-Unbelievers are impacted:
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:" Eph 2:2
including leaders.

"..for their minds have been blinded by the god of this age, leaving them in unbelief. Their blindness keeps them from seeing the dayspring light of the wonderful news of the glory of Jesus Christ, who is the divine image of God." II Cor 4:4

Repentance after salvation: Lord's Prayer, Rev 2 and 3

Seeing both - "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." II Cor 11:14
That info must be needed or it wouldn't have been provided.

As mentioned, "And show hospitality to strangers, for they may be angels from God showing up as your guests." Heb 13:2

Expecting to see Think it's the reason why Jesus touched the blind man twice was for spiritual healing then physical. -Because Jesus had just said "Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?" Mark 8:18

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Now I have to work extra hard to act normal in situations when there's something in the room I don't want to see.

He tried to show himself on two occasions and the Holy Spirit prevented it. A different image was placed in my head. I did see something in the past that was brought up during my battle.

Someone I knew long ago had spiritual attachments. I was alerted about the problem in a dream. It featured a little girl who appeared nice but after dark she changed and behaved evilly.

When I woke and looked at my friend I recognized the child. Although she had dark hair. She admitted it was blonde in her youth. I saw three faces. The last was its true form. Utterly awful.

I wasn’t walking with the Lord at that time. But I got the warning and noticed an odd energy when we tried to meditate. No spoken words. Just silence. I couldn’t. It felt weird.

I definitely have learned the value in choosing my battles and when I'm feeling good I have still gotten from Jesus that He doesn't want me trying to go beyond what I can handle, ie trying to do spiritual warfare when it would affect my every day work and life, so I listen and don't do more than I should.

The devil likes to keep people embroiled in battles. No soldier could sustain it. You need time to rest and recuperate.

~bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When deliverance happens:
"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12:43-45

That's the reason why need to be guided by the Holy Spirit to do deliverance and they need to know how important it is for them to read Scripture afterwards.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Is this the one? "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" I Pet 3:15

A couple of Scriptures that support some of the last posts.
-Unbelievers are impacted:
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:" Eph 2:2
including leaders.

"..for their minds have been blinded by the god of this age, leaving them in unbelief. Their blindness keeps them from seeing the dayspring light of the wonderful news of the glory of Jesus Christ, who is the divine image of God." II Cor 4:4

Repentance after salvation: Lord's Prayer, Rev 2 and 3

Seeing both - "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." II Cor 11:14
That info must be needed or it wouldn't have been provided.

As mentioned, "And show hospitality to strangers, for they may be angels from God showing up as your guests." Heb 13:2

Expecting to see Think it's the reason why Jesus touched the blind man twice was for spiritual healing then physical. -Because Jesus had just said "Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?" Mark 8:18
Thanks man!!! These verses are awesome much appreciated. Ya I honestly do believe it was an angel so next time I will hopefully act in faith and give the $5 for gas

• Friendly
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Finally located this Scripture about seeing the Godly -

"Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

50 Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.

51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man." John 1

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
He tried to show himself on two occasions and the Holy Spirit prevented it. A different image was placed in my head. I did see something in the past that was brought up during my battle.

Someone I knew long ago had spiritual attachments. I was alerted about the problem in a dream. It featured a little girl who appeared nice but after dark she changed and behaved evilly.

When I woke and looked at my friend I recognized the child. Although she had dark hair. She admitted it was blonde in her youth. I saw three faces. The last was its true form. Utterly awful.

I wasn’t walking with the Lord at that time. But I got the warning and noticed an odd energy when we tried to meditate. No spoken words. Just silence. I couldn’t. It felt weird.

The devil likes to keep people embroiled in battles. No soldier could sustain it. You need time to rest and recuperate.

~bella
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to respond.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,240.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys, so I'll get straight to the point. I believe that it is possible for angels and even Jesus to appear in physical form even for a brief moment for an encounter. I believe the closer we are to Jesus the more we can sense if it really is an angel or Jesus.

Is it odd that today I felt like I encountered an angel, and just when I had been thinking about the possibility of meeting one or Jesus, either way, that might be sent to see me. He asked for money or gas and I thought about it, thought about giving him $5, then decided not to. I told him I didn't have cash and the atm was broken which both of those were true. Just briefly I'll say I prayed to Jesus explaining my credit card debt and how I didn't feel I had extra money to give away. Back to when I was talking to the guy I heard him saying quietly something about $5 but it wasn't directed to me, but I heard it twice. He said God Bless to me and I said it's nice to hear people talk about God these days.

Later that day my wife got me a scratcher (I know not everyone will agree with that but every now and again me and my wife might do one for fun, I didn't buy it myself she got it for me as a gift. If you want to talk about the scratcher and if it's wrong you can but that's not the focus of this post) and on the crossword I won $10 which covers the cost of the scratcher and then $5 more. I feel like it was God's way of saying "If you had trusted me to provide the money to you you could have given him $5 and I would have repaid you"

What are your guys's opinions on all of this? I'll be honest I kind of am sensitive so please don't immediately accuse me of gambling or make me feel small for thinking Jesus and His angels can appear to us. That is all.
I don't want to encounter any appearance of Jesus or angels in this life. I would rather wait until I get to glory and see the real Jesus as He is and have face to face fellowship with Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
Hebrews 13:2

@Oscarr Regardless of if you want to you may encounter Jesus or angels without knowing it. I understand wanting to wait till Heaven to know for sure but I don't see any reason not to want what the Bible says will happen.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,240.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
Hebrews 13:2

@Oscarr Regardless of if you want to you may encounter Jesus or angels without knowing it. I understand wanting to wait till Heaven to know for sure but I don't see any reason not to want what the Bible says will happen.
To want something is not the same as God willing it for us. God does what He wants, not what we want.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
To want something is not the same as God willing it for us. God does what He wants, not what we want.
I should hope that we as Christian want what God wants for us, for what God wants is good

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,240.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I should hope that we as Christian want what God wants for us, for what God wants is good
I asked God about visions and angels once, and He told me that I have the Holy Spirit within me, and fellowship with Him and Christ in the Scriptures and that is all I need.

I do note that those who have had visions and angelic visitations have often gone away from reliance on the Scriptures, into heresy and cultish involvement.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I asked God about visions and angels once, and He told me that I have the Holy Spirit within me, and fellowship with Him and Christ in the Scriptures and that is all I need.

I do note that those who have had visions and angelic visitations have often gone away from reliance on the Scriptures, into heresy and cultish involvement.
Maybe that message was enough for you, but to deny the existence of more for others isn't fair, and I have experiences and have not gone off to occultic involvement as you describe.

Upvote 0